Member services frustration

Cliffside

DIS Veteran
I decided I would spend my Sunday morning waiting on hold to talk to member services. After getting a busy signal a couple times after my prompts I was excited to hear music on my 5th call. I sat there for over an hour and then all of a sudden the music stopped. I jokingly said to my husband they better not hang up on me. Two seconds later that’s exactly what happened.

It is really unacceptable this kind of service. They should at least have a place to input your phone number so you could get a call back. It is beyond frustrating that DVC thinks this is an acceptable way to do business.

It seems like they aren´t doing anything about it either besides giving us a message that they are experiencing high demand. How many months has it been now? I am glad I don´t have to call for anything in the near future.

Thankfully I really haven't had a need to call MS but I would certainly be frustrated with the current wait time. Who could/should members contact to write formal complaints. I mean our dues pay for this service so we rightfully have a voice in the situation. Yes, pandemic is a plausible cause, but if DVC rooms are being booked to capacity then DVC is up and running 100% unlike other hotels. They should be staffing their MS phone lines appropriately.

Should we be pushing for another refund for them saving money on being under staffed?

I called Friday morning at 9 am and only had to hold for a half hour. That might make a difference.

I decided I would spend my Sunday morning waiting on hold to talk to member services. After getting a busy signal a couple times after my prompts I was excited to hear music on my 5th call. I sat there for over an hour and then all of a sudden the music stopped. I jokingly said to my husband they better not hang up on me. Two seconds later that’s exactly what happened.

It is really unacceptable this kind of service. They should at least have a place to input your phone number so you could get a call back. It is beyond frustrating that DVC thinks this is an acceptable way to do business.

It’s beyond unacceptable. Members have too much money vested into DVC to have below average service. They’ve had plenty of time to work out the kinks on the website and make it more member accessible to handle things on our own rather than call and waste hours on hold. Something needs to change.

I am wondering what it is going to be like when Disneyland Ticketing comes online at 8 a.m. Pacific time Monday morn. In the past all ticketing for special events was technically processed thru DisneyWorld so I hate to think this will apply for their regular ticket frenzy today. Soon DL will experience the magic we have been training for. That’s what it feels like to me anyway. Disney is re -training their guests . Walt Disney was pretty good at figuring out traffic flow in the olden days so now we are learning traffic patterns online Mobile. Unfortunately DVC might be too easy for the typical guest to modify w/out making a mistake. And so we need to have guest service help.

Dvc bookings are unprecedented right now. Months that are usually wide open even 7 days before are now sold out weeks ahead. There’s pent up demand and a surplus of points. My guess is Disney expects things to calm down and doesn’t want to invest money in new hires and training when, in time, the current staff will suffice. I waited an hour and 20 minutes yesterday to link three waitlist reservations. I had to call three times to get past the auto hang up.

Dvc bookings are unprecedented right now. Months that are usually wide open even 7 days before are now sold out weeks ahead. There’s pent up demand and a surplus of points. My guess is Disney expects things to calm down and doesn’t want to invest money in new hires and training when, in time, the current staff will suffice. I waited an hour and 20 minutes yesterday to link three waitlist reservations. I had to call three times to get past the auto hang up.

DVC bookings have actually been lower, with more rooms than ever remaining empty because of the pandemic and lack of services. The only reason there are service issues is because Disney let go of too many staff members and either cant or dont want to get them back to save $.

DVC bookings have actually been lower, with more rooms than ever remaining empty because of the pandemic and lack of services. The only reason there are service issues is because Disney let go of too many staff members and either cant or dont want to get them back to save $.

Yeah I don't think thats true at all based on availability.

Just for future, I was able to get this accomplished by just playing around on the website for Chat to show up. It’s happened now 3 different times and within 10 minutes available!

They put in the request to merge for two different trips. By the next day it was all done!!!

I know chat is hit or miss but I am finding if you hang out long enough it becomes available. Much less time than the phone!

I haven't had chat show up available for at least 2 months for me.

I agree! I can’t ever get through😩

I haven't had chat show up available for at least 2 months for me.

It never is when I log in but it always becomes an option within a short time. , no more than 10 minutes.

Now, if you don’t act right away, it can go away, but then it will come back.

But, it was easier than waiting on the phone and it had been a week I had sent an email for the same reason with no response.

In as much as there has been no reduction in dues, I would expect no reduction in staffing which is paid by dues. Combine an excess of points banked from last year and World+dog trying to get in for the 50th, it could very well be demand far exceeds available CMs. Or it could be that DVC reduced staff during the shutdown to increase operating profit and push members to use the website (they certainly mention it enough on-hold). Either could be true.

Of course DVC does not help matters by making offers available that can only be redeemed by calling Member Services (Annual Gold Pass renewal and bonus days on multi-day admission come to mind).

There’s absolutely no reason we should have to call to merge reservations if you piece together single days. Yes, there’s the option to maybe email or get lucky and chat, but members should simply be able to do this under our online account.

Does anyone know if you can room request through email to member services? If so, do they usually send an email to let you know the request was put on your reservation? I emailed MS and got the automatic reply but nothing since.

Does anyone know if you can room request through email to member services? If so, do they usually send an email to let you know the request was put on your reservation? I emailed MS and got the automatic reply but nothing since.

Yes. Right now it been taking 10 days or more to get a response.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter