Member services frustration

You may have your reservation canceled make sure you stress that you are fine resigning everything but it better not affect your upcoming trip. I had decided to add on a few points to my direct contract and they canceled all my reservations I had made when they added the extra points. They can put some kind of internal hold on the reservation and rebook it if necessary just make sure you have them do it. Otherwise I agree it doesn’t seem like that big of a deal and on the plus side I hope that means your dues won’t be as expensive since you were never probably asked to pay them if your contract wasn’t finalized, they can only prorated them as of when the contract is finalized.

Thank you so much for your reply! I did stress that, that was also an issue. When we originally booked they only booked us to check out on the 3rd of July and we are staying until the 4th, we had a flight issue and I had to call and change the Magical express and that CM made me aware that our check out was on the 3rd! So now , we are staying at Riviera the first 6 nights and then animal kingdom the last night. Just glad to be going to Disney

Called at 9:10, was told a 24 min wait (how nice to an estimate!)

It’s 9:53 now and the last time I heard the recording with a time estimate was at least 20 minutes ago.. and it still claimed 24 minutes. 😂

This happened to my DD yesterday....it kept saying "24 minutes" for about 26 minutes and then they picked up!!! Good luck!

We my husband says this all the time, they already have our money, and can easily resell your DVC if you want out...why would they change anything or hire anyone, if it will take away from their profit? They have all of us captured and we have no choice but to wait, my guess is they do not care, under the new leadership, and it will not change any time soon. It is not as if there are no people looking for a job they can do from home, if they really wanted to fix the situation it would already be fixed. Being an almost 20 year owner we have seen the spectacular service and the spectacularly bad service, the removal of benefits, and they lack of care. We love Disney and always will, but until last week we had not been down in 5 years. We are coming back again this year, but the ability to call or contact members services has really hurt my ability to plan and make special arrangements. I cannot sit on a 2 hour call during my work day, I do enough of those for my job.

4th try since 9AM, got auto disconnect. Music at 9:54 AM 4/30 191 minute wait- yikes! I’ll call later...

It never is when I log in but it always becomes an option within a short time. , no more than 10 minutes.

Now, if you don’t act right away, it can go away, but then it will come back.

But, it was easier than waiting on the phone and it had been a week I had sent an email for the same reason with no response.

And you feel like you won the lottery when the chat with CM button pops up. When I was trying to buy tickets and ask about an AP, I did the hours long wait. But there was a time or two with this last trip that chat was able to help me with something. I can't remember what though at this point.

Call at 9:02am CST today. Estimated wait time 193 minutes o_O . I got a hold of someone at the 68 minute mark.
Maybe there are using the overestimated ride wait times method for people to hang up.

Yesterday I made three calls, two of which were dropped (45 minutes and 25 minutes) and then another long wait of 25 minutes to hear a CM tell me she couldn't upgrade park tickets. She transferred me to "tickets" and warned me there was a 103 minute wait! I finally was able to add a day to our son and DIL's tickets and add PH's.

I had time to do a complete large load of laundry. Give myself a four coat manicure. Make and eat lunch. Watch the news. Take a nap. Who has that amount of time to sit around and WAIT?

I politely complained but don't expect anything to improve...

I called ticketing yesterday to add hopping to some tickets and did the call back option. When they called back 2 hours later there was dead silence! Tried again this morning at exactly 7am and had a 30 minute wait!

I called ticketing yesterday to add hopping to some tickets and did the call back option. When they called back 2 hours later there was dead silence! Tried again this morning at exactly 7am and had a 30 minute wait!
Yeah, phone connections have been bad, and not just Disney. All calls lately seem to be hit or miss for me. I think it partly because so many people (including myself) have gone to VoIP or Cell services, and they're a bit flaky.

Did battle with MS Sunday and yesterday, regarding tix. Waited around 1'45" Sunday before hanging up after MS transferred me to Tix Svc. Yesterday, MS transferred me to SSR front desk to resolve my tix issue, which involved SSR. After @15" waiting on hold MS person came back on and informed me that the particular SSR mgr was off until Wednesday, and that he'd call me back Wed to address the tix issue which involved him. Bet he doesn't callback. Bet, if he calls back, he doesn't fix the tix issue. Any takers?

And, did you get your call back?

I'm curious though what a park ticket issue has to do with SSR resort? It's 2 completely different divisions. :confused:

Started my call to MS about 15 minutes ago. So far I have heard three "Your estimated wait time is 73 minutes". This would be so much easier if DVC would let me renew my Gold Annual Pass on-line. The website already knows my address and member status and the website knows how to take payment.

Started my call to MS about 15 minutes ago. So far I have heard three "Your estimated wait time is 73 minutes". This would be so much easier if DVC would let me renew my Gold Annual Pass on-line. The website already knows my address and member status and the website knows how to take payment.
Do not call MS forAP right now, call the AP VIP line.

Yesterday I called to book a single studio night using OTU points since airfare for my October trip was about $400 cheaper for the day earlier and the website showed a 15 point studio room available at SSR. I called 18 times between 9:10 am and 10:15 am and did not get through to even the holding music until my last call. Then I had a 75 minute wait and finally got through to someone at 11:30. I asked them to book a studio for 1 night at SSR and I needed to buy the OTU points. This is where it gets very ridiculous.

I had the room shown on my screen and the guy on the phone said he didn't see it. I asked him if I could purchase the 15 OTU points that he could load and then I could just book the room. He said no, he had to book it and asked me to close out of the reservation. I closed out and he said he didn't see it on his end but that availability takes 5 - 10 minutes to show up on his screen once I exit. I said great we can wait.

HE SAID HE COULD NOT WAIT ON THE PHONE 10 MINUTES AND SAID HE NEEDED TO HANG UP!

After complaining about this for 5 minutes saying I have been trying to get through for over 2 hours and asking why he couldn't wait, he finally said he would have to hang up. I asked to talk to a supervisor and he put me on hold. 5 minutes later he picked up and said the availability updated on his end. It was the worst customer service experience I have ever been a part of.

Now I noticed something odd when I look to check if rooms are open. I now have Aulani listed as a home resort in addition to Riviera. No idea why and I am not dealing with calling them again.

Yesterday I called to book a single studio night using OTU points since airfare for my October trip was about $400 cheaper for the day earlier and the website showed a 15 point studio room available at SSR. I called 18 times between 9:10 am and 10:15 am and did not get through to even the holding music until my last call. Then I had a 75 minute wait and finally got through to someone at 11:30. I asked them to book a studio for 1 night at SSR and I needed to buy the OTU points. This is where it gets very ridiculous.

I had the room shown on my screen and the guy on the phone said he didn't see it. I asked him if I could purchase the 15 OTU points that he could load and then I could just book the room. He said no, he had to book it and asked me to close out of the reservation. I closed out and he said he didn't see it on his end but that availability takes 5 - 10 minutes to show up on his screen once I exit. I said great we can wait.

HE SAID HE COULD NOT WAIT ON THE PHONE 10 MINUTES AND SAID HE NEEDED TO HANG UP!

After complaining about this for 5 minutes saying I have been trying to get through for over 2 hours and asking why he couldn't wait, he finally said he would have to hang up. I asked to talk to a supervisor and he put me on hold. 5 minutes later he picked up and said the availability updated on his end. It was the worst customer service experience I have ever been a part of.

Now I noticed something odd when I look to check if rooms are open. I now have Aulani listed as a home resort in addition to Riviera. No idea why and I am not dealing with calling them again.
OTU points are points owned by DVC. It will show in your account as the resort that those points actually belong to.

FYI: V.I.Passholder line CANNOT renew DVC Gold Annual Pass. I have been put at the back of the line at DVC MS. Last reported wait time is 93 minutes. I wouldn't mind so much if they didn't keep interrupting the music with unhelpful announcements.

OTU points are points owned by DVC. It will show in your account as the resort that those points actually belong to.
Ohh... so your saying the OTU points I purchased were pulled from Aulani so it is showing that I have Aulani as a resort and since the points were used within the 7 month mark. Thanks! Obviously I am pretty new at this and have never used OTU.

Ohh... so your saying the OTU points I purchased were pulled from Aulani so it is showing that I have Aulani as a resort and since the points were used within the 7 month mark. Thanks! Obviously I am pretty new at this and have never used OTU.

Yes. Before they updated the website so we can see and use them online, we had no idea where they came from.

Now we do!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter