Member magic Typhoon Lagoon 2019

disland7

Mouseketeer
DVC Gold
We have a 2 bedroom at VGF and have 9 people on my res. We are also traveling with my brother in law and his family of 7 (not staying dvc, not dvc members). Not everyone on my reservation would like to go to typhoon lagoon, is there a way to allow some of our other family staying elsewhere to come with us? I've never been to WDW so I'm not sure how all the magic band thing works. TIA

The Moonlight Magic event does not involve magic bands. It's a special event and you're given a standard plastic button style wristband.

I haven't been to a Moonlight Magic since 2017, but unless something has changed-- only the member needs to check in with photo ID and blue membership card. Then they place the wristbands on everyone in your party. They don't check photo ID for everyone else. So in your case you can just register for a party of 9 under your name/room res.

Again, maybe the process has changed, if so my info is out of date.

The Moonlight Magic event does not involve magic bands. It's a special event and you're given a standard plastic button style wristband.

I haven't been to a Moonlight Magic since 2017, but unless something has changed-- only the member needs to check in with photo ID and blue membership card. Then they place the wristbands on everyone in your party. They don't check photo ID for everyone else. So in your case you can just register for a party of 9 under your name/room res.

Again, maybe the process has changed, if so my info is out of date.
Nothing has changed.

You'll be allowed to RSVP for 9 people. They don't ask names so you'll just need your ID and then any other 8 people you want to bring with you.

Just wondering what this Moonlight Magic will be like. I attended the one last year Sept. 2018 at Hollywood Studios. There were rides, meet and greets, a food voucher etc....will the night at Typhoon Lagoon include the water rides??? Might be cold at night and especially going back on the bus. Have they offered this type of after hours event here before?

Went to one in July, 2017, and it was a lot of fun! Water slides, meet and greets, dancing, lazy river and the wave pool and plenty of chips and Mickey Bars.:goodvibes

Just wondering what this Moonlight Magic will be like. I attended the one last year Sept. 2018 at Hollywood Studios. There were rides, meet and greets, a food voucher etc....will the night at Typhoon Lagoon include the water rides??? Might be cold at night and especially going back on the bus. Have they offered this type of after hours event here before?
We’ve been to Moonlight Magic at TL three times and loved it. It did NOT get cold, because of the humidity. It still felt great to be in the water, but no sunburn risk.

just registered. i had a lot of windows open on my desktop, ipad and iphone-number was over 1900. opened using IE and got right on. Still in line on Google Chrome after i had already gotten confirmation. So, maybe use IE.

Any idea what the hours will be?
I just finished registration. I was number 1663. They are letting us in at 5 pm. Festivities start at 6:30 pm and run until 9:30 pm. It also said there will be "meal vouchers" issued.

Beginning at 9:25AM, a click on the RSVP Online button resulted in direct access to the registration page. Although we had started trying for tickets at 9 AM, it seems as though it was not necessary for this event. Moreover, as of this post, there were no updates with percent registered or sell-outs.

Honestly, I had anticipated Typhoon Lagoon to be harder to book because of lower park capacity.

Beginning at 9:25AM, a click on the RSVP Online button resulted in direct access to the registration page. Although we had started trying for tickets at 9 AM, it seems as though it was not necessary for this event. Moreover, as of this post, there were no updates with percent registered or sell-outs.

Honestly, I had anticipated Typhoon Lagoon to be harder to book because of lower park capacity.

I did not see percent updates either. All I noticed while clicking through was extremely limited availability

Just completed registration. This will be our first Moonlight Magic experience, and we are very excited. I got online at around 8:45 through Google Chrome. When it opened, I was 1647 (I think) and it took about 18 minutes to get in.

I was number 2014 and I got in after 20 minutes or so. I was worried I wasn't gonna get in, but no issue at all.

Does anyone know if you can rent umbrellas at Getaway Glen for this event? I called MS and they didn't even know what Getaway Glen was. I know they'll rent you a cabana, but I really don't want to do that.

There is a glitch with some non-DVC reservations. We are staying POP and when I logged in it told me that I didn't have a reservation attached. (Which I do through MDE) Called member services and was on hold for about a half hour. They said that it seems to be a problem with others as well, but they were able to look it up and confirm it. So for anyone having problems call member services, there is still availability.

There is a glitch with some non-DVC reservations. We are staying POP and when I logged in it told me that I didn't have a reservation attached. (Which I do through MDE) Called member services and was on hold for about a half hour. They said that it seems to be a problem with others as well, but they were able to look it up and confirm it. So for anyone having problems call member services, there is still availability.

Not sure if this is the case with you, but sometimes it has to do with when you booked the room. Did you book it recently?

No we booked awhile ago, but have never had a problem in the past and always book way ahead. According to MS, this is an issue with some today. They had supervisors overriding the system. It all worked out fine and they were super helpful. Once they had it fixed I got my confirmation email in about 1 minute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter