MDE App Update & Recent “Refresh” Changes Discussion (we’re not doomed!)

Non-scientific test that backs the thought that FP's are back to being held. FOP FP for tomorrow. Even being night before this would not sit around long. I let it sit for 3 minutes then clicked on it and it went to the confirmation screen. When I backed out it took 1 refresh for it to disappear.

Screenshot_20190331-233634_Disney World.jpg Screenshot_20190331-233913_Disney World.jpg

Except MaxPass is like the old FP at WDW. Return times start at a certain time and keep inching up. Getting a cancellation at an earlier time is really the exception to the rule. So when something's not available, you're usually moving ahead a very small amount of time. At WDW, times are all over the place and recalculated constantly. Really apples and oranges.

Right, I was specifically referencing cancelled Fastpasses that can be snagged using Maxpass. Aren't most of the high profile ride fastpasses that show up using the refresh method also, presumably, cancelled Fastpasses that came back into the availability pool?

It’s a little faster for me now. Fingers crossed it gets better tomorrow. I’ll be watching this thread for your updates. I have to actually do some work tomorrow LOL.

Unfortunately so do I but I'm the boss and I'll be stuck in the office all afternoon so I may have time then to check on things (of course I will first thing in the morning as well).

I just spent about 5 minutes on the app and it seems to be working again. It’s back to normal speed for me, and I grabbed an EE FP for tonight and was able to modify it much earlier, changed it to Navi when that popped up, and modified that to a 9:20am FOP. Phew. I’m 9 days out from my trip, please leave the FP system alone Disney! I’m going to keep checking today, just to make sure it’s fixed. o_O

Ok. I’m playing a bit.

Scenario: today, MK

The iPhone app is slow for me (a few seconds to load each screen). Safari in private is about 1 second.

I grabbed a Space FP for 9pm (only night options first appeared). Within a few minutes I was able to modify to 7:15 and 12:40.

I was not shut out of any times I clicked.

I’ll start searching for FoP for today soon.

HTH!

Thank you to all who are keeping us informed by taking the time to post your experiences/experiments. This is a great community and I can't imagine trying to plan a Disney trip without all of the pooled knowledge to be found here on the boards. "It takes a village".

Update: successfully modified Space from 12:40 to 11:45 to 10am in about 2 minutes of refreshing in private.
Have now canceled FP to end this test.

Note: while I held the 11:45, my time options went from mostly 8pm (that was showing when I had 12:40) to in the 5pm hour, with 12:40 frequently an option. When the 10am showed up for the first time, I also had a couple options around 1pm. (This should make sense to the refreshers, lol)

Will start checking for FoP, then SDD,

Update 2:
AK, today, safari Private, party of 2

Within the first 2 minutes, I was offered Navi 4 separate times, ranging from 9:30 am to 5:55 pm.
I waited 1 minute to select a 10:45am time and was not shut out.

FoP did not appear.

Checking DHS now for TSL rides. But so far, it appears to be behaving normally

I think it's definitely holding what's on your screen, just like before. I grabbed a Big Thunder for tonight to try and modify for an earlier time. I wasn't having much luck with that so I scrolled down to see if anything else was available, boom, Mine Train for 9:25 am. I had no problem getting that (and them promptly cancelling it) it was probably at least 45 seconds or so after I had searched before I chose it. Very different behavior from yesterday!

Update 2:
AK, today, safari Private, party of 2

Within the first 2 minutes, I was offered Navi 4 separate times, ranging from 9:30 am to 5:55 pm.
I waited 1 minute to select a 10:45am time and was not shut out.

FoP did not appear.

Checking DHS now for TSL rides. But so far, it appears to be behaving normally

Great news!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter