MAY W.I.S.H Thread:

Thank you all for starting the WooHoos! It was a double-duty day, with Tuesday's make-up question this morning, and Wednesday WooHoos this afternoon, so now we're all caught up! (I promise I'm not usually this flaky a host!)

My own WooHoo is that I got to see my aunt & uncle and my cousin's little girl (their granddaughter) in person for the first time in ages today! They brought her up for a pool day, and it was so much fun!

Have a good night, everyone!

I was just typing this:

This morning, I'm thankful that we got some rain last night! My car is no longer a disgusting yellow pollen ball.

(Sometimes it's the little things.)

And then this popped up:

My favorite author/illustrator, Eric Carle just died at 91. I am so thankful for all of the beautiful books he has written and illustrated and all of the teachable moments he has given me and will continue to give me.

and I have to second it. - Every kid I know loves Eric Carle's work!

My favorite author/illustrator, Eric Carle just died at 91. I am so thankful for all of the beautiful books he has written and illustrated and all of the teachable moments he has given me and will continue to give me.
THIS!
My twins first Halloween costumes were The Verry Hungry Caterpillar (son) and The Very Grouchy Ladybug (daughter)! And I do a whole week (sometimes 2) at the end of the year in my classroom with his books! I have it planned for the week of June 14 this year. His artwork is amazing! So thankful for this great author & illustrator!

I remember giving the Hungry Caterpillar book to my Niece and Nephews and reviewing his work in a Children's Lit class I took. What a brilliant legacy he leaves behind.

This morning the project I'm working on went red and we may not make the 6.7 go live date we were shooting for... ever so grateful it is because of the robotics Vendor not anything my team did. Kind of a twisted logic I know and I would be even more grateful to not have it go red at all, but my moto the past few weeks has been "anyone but us" , ala Survivor, so I'm clinging to that.

I had asked my landlord to check the front steps because they have settled quite a bit and look wonky and he's decided to redo the steps and the porch/deck. I think I'm going to move the bigger flower boxes off the deck because they are hard to clean around so dirt build up in the cracks happens and I don't want it to happen to the new deck. Kind of sad since I just refreshed them, but still thankful for the new decking and to get the steps fixed. I'll still have the smaller pots where I can see them from the house and the new table when it comes.

Today, I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I have been crabby since I woke up. Managed to piss off DD. I made her change her shorts. They were just too short for school. I got the silent treatment all morning. It is raining and cold. The high is around 50 and we are supposed to get like 2 inches of rain I think today. Not a good day here. On the plus side I get out of work early because of the holiday weekend and the rest of the weekend will at least be sunny. It still be on the cooler side but warmer then today.

I've been contemplating two topics that came up during the week - rituals and habit building for the ADHD brain. I have always craved rituals but have a hard time creating them because I struggle with establishing new habits, and I guess both of these are true for those with ADHD. The concept of habit building is that you attach a new habit to one you already have, for example if you have a habit of drinking a morning coffee and need to establish a habit of taking a medication in the morning, you link the two together... and if you are ADHD you put the meds right next to the coffee maker where you can see them.

One of the housekeeping chores I'm most lacking in is that there are always dirty dishes in the sink. A couple days ago someone I follow on IG posted that she has a nightly sink cleaning ritual, before bed she cleans the kitchen sink and she sets out her coffee making things for the morning. This resonated with me, so I'm going to give it a try: in the evening after I turn down the bed (existing habit) I will make dishwashing and sink cleaning a ritual to tidy up the day and prepare for the next day.

No big plans for the holiday weekend. I was contemplating another drive down to my Sister's but her town will be so full of other holiday folks that it doesn't sound overly appealing. I do want to go junking/antiquing and have been trying to decide if I just want to go to the closest place or possibly to a town north of the the city that is kind of a mecca for stores selling old stuff. I'm also thinking of doing the country drive and stopping at the nursery out there, and at a park to take a walk. Weather forecast is looking good, so outdoors time is definitely on the agenda.

...for example if you have a habit of drinking a morning coffee and need to establish a habit of taking a medication in the morning, you link the two together... and if you are ADHD you put the meds right next to the coffee maker where you can see them.

I sooo do that! - my vitamin case literally goes on the drip tray of the Keurig before I go to bed at night, so I cannot miss it.

I never thought of it as a ritual, but I do tidy the kitchen last thing before I head up for the night. And it’s so nice to come down in the morning to a clean kitchen. Once you start this ritual I think you will find how easily it becomes a habit.

We are having typical northeast Memorial Day weather-cool and rainy!
Monday looks like our best chance for a cookout. Might check out some shops Sunday-I haven’t done that in a long time. And since we leave for Texas on Thursday I should get my clothes and things laid out in the guest room.

For today's Social Saturday topic ~

Which Toy Story 4 character are you?

And if the Toy Story series (or the Cars series) are favorites of yours and you have Disney+, I highly recommend Inside Pixar Ep.4 - "Inspired: Jessica Heidt, Who Gets All The Lines?"

The episodes are short (this one is 10 minutes) but really neat! She won a Russell Russell Award.png(yes, that's really a thing) for an idea to analyze how the lines in Pixar movies are divided between male and female characters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter