May W.I.S.H. Goals-A Little Bit of Mayhem

My motivation today is that I really do feel better on the days I exercise. And each day is a fresh start! -

unknown1-2x.jpg

Good morning! I had far too little sleep and feel a bit sluggish today. Also the last few days I had real trouble making good choices with food. Nothing horrible, but I need to be better again.Ugh. Why do I have times where it is so easy and then it all becomes so difficult again. And it is all in my brain. BUT I did go to the gym on Saturday, got a new program and am motivated to continue on there. I can tell that the weight training is really good for me. For some reason I ended up with another cold that has been bothering me. Not so bad that I feel sick but bad enough so that I don't feel right either. So, motivation is a bit low this MOnday, but it's sunny outside and we are supposed to finally get warmer weather towards the end of the week, so I better dig deep and get that motivation and get out and move!!

upload_2019-5-13_7-24-58.png

I guess I needed that extra day off more than I knew. It took until Sunday before I was able to disengage from the really bad mood I was in towards work. When I was finally able to flip the script that was running in my head, I was able to start telling myself "let's have fun figuring this all out together", instead of feeling so grim and overburdened by everything. So that's what I'm looking forward to this week - having fun wading thru the muck and chaos.

I'm feeling pretty chipper this morning, but also a little emotionally drained from all the carnage on Games of Thrones last night - holy cow. After six days of no tomatoes, my body is feeling 100% better, like it is no longer at war with itself. But I can tell there are still other foods I need to avoid, nuts is the next most obvious.

Vacation countdown is starting in earnest... 27 days till I jump on a plane! I'm so happy I've had a break in business travel, and I'm also glad I didn't book the red eye this time.

Hello, Dearies!

Just checking in... been feeling very uninspired lately, trying to find my motivation, I guess. Last week I had my annual doctor's appointment, and while my weight is down for this year, it is up from the last time I saw her, so I got the "making changes," speech and an appointment for bloodwork at the end of the month... blech!!!!

The weather here is DEFINITELY not cooperating today! It's been pouring since yesterday morning, so I'm working up the motivation to go swim out to my car because the kittens have gobbled all their food again and are giving me the eyes... On the upside, zero chance of the bees eloping in weather like this!!! (But I did check yesterday that they have plenty of sugar syrup in their feeders, so they can build comb while they are stuck inside...) The other day I was watching them and was happy to see a few little "pollen-pants" coming into the hive. I have named the colonies... comic-book themes, of course... the ones that tried to fly off from a perfectly good hive are the Suicide Squad, and the others are the Morons (Guardians of the Galaxy reference) because when I did their week-check the other day, they still hadn't released their queen from her travel box... so I had to let her out manually, then when the weather improves, I'll have to check and see if she has settled in... poor thing!!!

Luckily for me, time marches on even when I don't feel like marching, and Friday is the final exam for this stupid class. Between now and then I have to finish a project and learn a chapter, then review for the final, but at least it's almost over!!!

And now... to the grocery store... big excitement!!!

Good Morning! So glad I found this thread, it’s exactly what I need at this point in my life!!

I am from south central PA (as others on here seem to be) and I have big events coming up this summer that I want to be healthy for.

My sister is getting married in early summer and I am her maid of honor and our oldest son is getting married at the end of summer! I would love to look back on the pictures from these events and see a healthy me so I am trying very hard to be accountable for everything I eat through my fitness pal and walk everyday at least 20 minutes, but I am aiming for 45+ each day now that the younger kids schedules are winding down for the school year!

I don’t weigh myself and don’t have a goal weight because my body is weird and I tend to not lose pounds as quickly as inches and I don’t want to be discouraged by the numbers on the scale!

I will share my Monday motivation...I put on a hoodie this morning that I could not keep from riding up on me a month ago and it now fits comfortably!!!! Also I gave away all my sweets that were on my brunch plate yesterday!

Good Morning! So glad I found this thread, it’s exactly what I need at this point in my life!!

I am from south central PA (as others on here seem to be) and I have big events coming up this summer that I want to be healthy for.

My sister is getting married in early summer and I am her maid of honor and our oldest son is getting married at the end of summer! I would love to look back on the pictures from these events and see a healthy me so I am trying very hard to be accountable for everything I eat through my fitness pal and walk everyday at least 20 minutes, but I am aiming for 45+ each day now that the younger kids schedules are winding down for the school year!

I don’t weigh myself and don’t have a goal weight because my body is weird and I tend to not lose pounds as quickly as inches and I don’t want to be discouraged by the numbers on the scale!

I will share my Monday motivation...I put on a hoodie this morning that I could not keep from riding up on me a month ago and it now fits comfortably!!!! Also I gave away all my sweets that were on my brunch plate yesterday!
Welcome!

After six days of no tomatoes, my body is feeling 100% better, like it is no longer at war with itself. But I can tell there are still other foods I need to avoid, nuts is the next most obvious.

I was wondering how you were doing! I think one of the issues with tomatoes can be the histamine. And there are many other sources for it as well. I am aware of it because I suspect that it can be a trigger for my migraines. That's why I nearly never drink red wine anymore.

However, my sister has trouble with tomatoes, too. For her it is the acid. It mainly makes her nose swell up inside so that she feels like she has a bad cold. Other triggers are other acids, especially citrus. And for whatever reason cow milk. She is fine with goat and sheep. And it is not the lactose as lactose free cow milk products still have the same effect. Milk is less bad than tomatoes though... Just thought you might be interested.

:welcome:

I was wondering how you were doing! I think one of the issues with tomatoes can be the histamine. And there are many other sources for it as well. I am aware of it because I suspect that it can be a trigger for my migraines. That's why I nearly never drink red wine anymore.

However, my sister has trouble with tomatoes, too. For her it is the acid. It mainly makes her nose swell up inside so that she feels like she has a bad cold. Other triggers are other acids, especially citrus. And for whatever reason cow milk. She is fine with goat and sheep. And it is not the lactose as lactose free cow milk products still have the same effect. Milk is less bad than tomatoes though... Just thought you might be interested.

:welcome:
All the things you've mentioned have been happening - last Monday it was definitely the histamine that knocked me sideways. I also have been having a chronic cough, stuffy nose, runny eyes... anything you can think of allergy related. And I've been stiff and sore from head to toe... this morning on the walk to the bus stop I was noticing how smoothly and fluidly I was moving, which was really a nice change.

Last edited:
This weekend was a great weekend. It was busy but relaxing as well. Something we needed. DH and went for a walk yesterday afternoon. In the rain no less. I was proud that I went. We took our umbrella's and went for it. We like this time. it is just the 2 of us and we can talk freely about stuff without the kids hearing. Lots of Disney planning has happened on our walks. This walk we talked more about DD's surgery and how we think she is going to do and just planning.

I did get to spend time with my mom on Saturday and yesterday we took DH's grandmother to dinner. His mom is about 2 hours away so we didn't get to see her.

Saturday was rough with DD. Her Beta Fish that she got Wednesday died. She was devastated. But handled it good.

Yay! I managed to get myself out there for a run!! I am moving incredibly slow at the moment, need to rebuild the stamina. But I am moving! And I felt good! So, now I just need to keep it up. Running twice a week, gym twice a week, walking or biking to work: should be a decent workout regime.

Welcome @PAsFab5 and congrats on the weddings! What an exciting year for you!

This weekend was busy, but fun. We had a school band/chorus concert on Friday, my son was on a band trip to Dorney Park (local amusement park) all day Saturday, daughter had a field hockey tournament Saturday, and then Mother's Day on Sunday (I FINALLY got to see Avengers: Endgame!). The weather was beautiful Saturday for the band trip and hockey tournament! But Sunday and today have been rainy and quite miserable outside. I'm actually back to wearing a turtleneck sweater today, it's that cold. Ugh! I'm ready to pack the sweaters away, but this weather is just not cooperating! My eating and exercise were terrible yesterday, but I was giving myself the day to just not worry about it since it was Mother's Day. But I definitely need to get back on track with the eating. So that's my motivation this week. And next week I book our Fastpasses for our July trip! So it was just another reminder to keep up the hard work that I've been doing since January! I don't want to go backwards!

Thanks for all the warm welcomes, this group is so positive!! Small victory tonight, we got a short break in the rain and even though I did NOT want to be out in this cold I grabbed my sneakers and my foster dog and we walked for 40 minutes! I feel so much better now! Was able to work on her leash skills a bit...she has such a long way to go, so it motivates me to get out there and walk even when the weather is not the best. Enjoy your evening everyone!

:welcome:So happy to have you join us!

331F8DD9-1A0D-4C0C-811C-36D14DAA1B05.jpeg

Well, whose looking forward to the release of the live action Aladdin?

For our Topic Tuesday, if the Genie could grant you one wish to go along or help you with your WISH goals, what would it be?

Last edited:
My wish would be for a trainer to come to my house twice a week and work with me for an hour on strength training. At the moment one of my weights is holding open my bedroom door and my balance ball is collecting dust in the basement.
I have a print out from past sessions with a trainer of various routines to do on my own, but I haven’t been consistent doing them.

Easy, my wish would be to like/love running like I've heard people claim to... Minute-for-minute, running is wayyy more efficient for calorie burn, of course, but distance-wise, I read that it's really not much higher a calorie burn to run 3 miles than to walk it, because walking burns less per minute, but you need more minutes get the distance (but to be clear, running still won, if I remember correctly.) Not to mention, runners get WAY more respect than walkers or even hikers...

Wouldn't it be nice to get up in the morning and be like "Yay! I get to go do something I really enjoy and it's good for me and everyone thinks I'm a b@d@$$ for doing it, too!!!" I remember at basic training, there was this girl who LOVED to run, and she was so excited whenever the weather was good and we "got" to go running. I remember wishing I could be like that... and hearing about the "runner's high."

(Of course, in proper Aladdin style, I'd get some value-added freebies of genie would have to fix my bad leg and rotten lungs in order for me to be ABLE to enjoy it... very very sneaky!!!)

Welcome @PAsFab5
Saturday was just one long day of sitting! We got to see a lot of family, including DS1 and his girlfriend. That got him off the hook for Sunday. DS2 bought me some chocolate--just when I was deciding I was going to cut way back on that!
Sunday was just plain lazy. I'd had things I was going to do, but when the time came I just said nah! Was a sloth and made DH and DS2 watch Mary Poppins Returns! I figured it was the only day I could get away with making DH watch something I wanted to! :rotfl2:I've noticed our TV when it is showing us movies it thinks we would like only shows action movies. I definitely need to watch more chick flicks so it offers those choices!

Almost half way through the month and although I haven't really noticed any weight loss, loose clothes, or anything like that I am finding I have more energy. Once in a while I shock the pickleball players with my moves! HA! They thought I'd never get that ball!

I had real trouble making good choices with food. Nothing horrible, but I need to be better again.Ugh. Why do I have times where it is so easy and then it all becomes so difficult again.

I hear you! I have been similar this month as well .... I need to re-find my strength and motivation to say NO to those poorer choices.

:welcome: happy to have you along. Family milestones are a great motivator aren't they?!

Well, whose looking forward to the release of the live action Aladdin?

For our Topic Tuesday, if the Genie could grant you one wish to go along or help you with your WISH goals, what would it be?

Hmmmm I am unsure about the live action Aladin - I like Will Smith - but for some reason I am not feeling him as Genie. Is it just because we can't imagine anyone but Robin doing it .... but in saying that have seen the musical version at DL and was completely happy with that actor playing Genie :confused3 in that format. I must admit Will Smith aside - I saw the trailer when I was at the movies for Avengers EG and lots of the non-Genie action in the trailer got me a little more interested...

Well .... can I wish to instantly be a healthy weight and look fabulous? :rotfl: If not then a personal trainer and chef would go so far towards achieving that goal!

Day off today - twins woke up feeling ill - but with different symptoms - so stayed home with them and by late morning I had a headache myself! despite taking Panadol it is still lingering now. Hopefully it is gone by the morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!