May 28, 2011 - 11 Night Mediterranean Sailing from Barcelona

It looks like there will be an interesting Blog on our cruise - I just got this email from DreamsUnlimited, the TA we booked through:-

Follow Pete Werner on his Disney Cruise Line Mediterranean Adventure

Pete Werner, one of the owners of Dreams Unlimited Travel, is currently on an incredible Disney Cruise Line and Adventures by Disney Mediterranean Adventure!!!

You can follow Pete’s Adventures on the Dreams Unlimited Travel Facebook page as he updates us pictures and comments in real-time - http://www.facebook.com/Dreams.Unlimited.Travel

:)

popcorn::

I don't think anyone has mentioned it yet here, but just to make you aware that tomorrow (Saturday) is the European Champions League Final (a soccer final - think of it as an international European version of the Superbowl). This year's final is in London, and the teams in the final are Manchester United and Barcelona. Kick off is at 20:45 Spanish time (19:45 London time). Barcelona should be football crazy (even more than normal) for this match, which they are favourites to win, so expect fireworks and celebrations in Barcelona as we sail away - or a deserted city as everyone is in bars/at home to watch the game.

In Barcelona! Protests downtown, but our hotel said it shouldnt interfere with the port. We saw the Magic on our right as we drove in from the airport. Weeee heeeee!

We saw the demostrations and can hear them somewhat from our hotel window.

We had quite a bit of trouble getting to Barcelona with all the weather isssues in the states. We did make it, but sadly our luggage has not.:sad2: They will send it to the ship tomorrow.

Also our hotel, Petit Bouqueri, overbooked and sent us to their sister hotel - Petit Palace Museum. It was frustrating as we´ve had reservations since February. The line for check in was very long and the whole process took well over an hour. For future cruisers I would not recommend staying here due to that reason. We were not the ones moved involuntarily and there were many very frustrated guests. We are further away from Las Ramblas and when we mentioned that to the new sister hotel they didn´t seem to care.

We had planned to do the Fat Tire bike tour, but with the hotel and luggage issues that didn´t happen.

Hoping things will turn around tomorrow as we board the Magic!!:cool1:

We have been staying in the South of France since Saturday 28th May - in Collioure just a couple of hours up the coast from Barcelona.

We were thinking of you you Saturday night as you were all sailing out of port :goodvibes - especially as we nearly took this cruise ourselves...instead we are doing the 10 night on 20th July. We looked out to sea from our apartment window but sadly did not see any sign of you all.

We were thinking of you again on Wednesday as the Med was so rough here !!!...just hope you are all far enough away from these stormy shores by now that it not affecting your cruise.:scared1:

Have a great trip everyone on board !!!!..and hoping those people delayed from Stansted made it to the port ...gave me shivers reading that as we are flying in from Liverpool with Easyjet on the day of our cruise too....fingers crossed !!!:worship:

Back home from this cruise, was a really great trip! A lot of CMs said that there were only 1400 people on this cruise. Did it seem quiet compared to past Disney cruises?

We are back home as well - it was such a wonderful cruise, and as usual I am still so sad it's over! Anyway, there is a new cruise on the horizon for us next year.

We were told by a CM that there were a little over 2000 guests on board, but I was surprised by that as the ship felt so quiet compared to ur last trip (Western Caribbean). So your 1400 seems much more realistic to me. Where I noticed how empty the ship was:

- restaurants were really empty, lots of tables seating only 2 people (including ours, we were really surprised to be seated on our own), tables positioned further apart than on our last cruise, and several empty tables - empty meaning fully decked out, but without a table number and nobody ever sat there,

- adult pool area and Cove Cafe - never ever any problem to find a seat or a lounger on port days,

- the Till We Meet Again on the final night was almost empty - last time there was a huge crowd.

We are back home as well - it was such a wonderful cruise, and as usual I am still so sad it's over! Anyway, there is a new cruise on the horizon for us next year.

We were told by a CM that there were a little over 2000 guests on board, but I was surprised by that as the ship felt so quiet compared to ur last trip (Western Caribbean). So your 1400 seems much more realistic to me. Where I noticed how empty the ship was:

- restaurants were really empty, lots of tables seating only 2 people (including ours, we were really surprised to be seated on our own), tables positioned further apart than on our last cruise, and several empty tables - empty meaning fully decked out, but without a table number and nobody ever sat there,

- adult pool area and Cove Cafe - never ever any problem to find a seat or a lounger on port days,

- the Till We Meet Again on the final night was almost empty - last time there was a huge crowd.

We heard Peter mention a number in the 2000's. Apparently there were less than 500 kids onboard which may be why some things felt quiet.

There seemed to be a lot of people eating at Topsider's for dinner rather than going to the dining rooms. We had nights when the entire dining room was pretty full (no empty tables) and others when maybe only 2/3 of the guests were there.

Our table seemed typical of the cruise, a table for 8 made up of 4 couples, but often DH and I were the only ones there. The others ate in port or at topsider's or had room service.

We had a great cruise, and met a few Dis'ers around the ship.

So not happy about being back at work right now.

Hi gang. We're home and doing laundry!

Apologies to all--I don't know what happened with the books. I put out the bag with 5 books in it. On day 2, the bag and the books disappeared! I have no explanation...the system worked perfectly on the TA cruise. Ah well, the shelf in the Cove was pretty well stocked.

Welcome back everyone. Hope you all had a day to recover from jet lag like we did!

We unfortunately only got to the lounge the last 5 minutes of the meet/greet (we were doing a ship tour). Sorry we didn't get to meet many of you!

What a wonderful trip this was but it is nice to be home and have a sleep in your own bed :) This trip will have so many everlasting memories and we met so many amazing people. I hope everyone else had a great time also.

What a great cruise! Thanks VERY MUCH to everyone doing the FE! We loved our treasures :)

We arrived home last night (Friday), tired but happy! We also wanted to thank all the FE 'ers. It really added a great dimension to our cruise! :goodvibes

We were up on Montjuic on Wed. afternoon and heard the horn blow at the next cruise's sail away party. It brought a tear to our eye as always!

All the best to everyone as they get back into their daily lives!!!

Well as the family enjoys sleeping in and trying to recover from jet lag I was back at work on Friday. We met great people and had a wonderful time on this trip. Many thanks to Cindy for setting up the group and to all those who particpated. Already thinking about which cruise will work for next year. Best to everyone and enjoy your summer.

Just wanted to say that this was an amazing trip and it was really wonderful to meet everyone. The time spent in each port was not long enough and I already want to go back again!!! Hoping Disney considers the Med for 2013

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

We arrived home last night, after spending two nights in Barcelona following the cruise. The delays continued for us, as our flight was five hours late!! We had a wonderful time on the cruise, and enjoyed meeting and touring with fellow DISers!!

Did anyone do this tour? If so how was it? I was wondering if it is worth the money.

Yes...DH and I did this excursion on Malta. We thought it was a wonderful excursion. The Turkish Schooner is a wooden vessel, with sails, but they are not used on the trip to the Blue Lagoon. Power is by engine the whole way. Lovely 1 1/2 hour trip to the Blue Lagoon, which is amazing. The colors of the water are hard to describe. I googled this prior to going to see some pictures. The boat docks right up to the land, and you just walk off onto a little island. There are paths that you can take, which lead to various areas. There is a very small sandy beach area, some rocky beach areas, and gorgeous views of the surrounding islands. The water in the Med is very chilly. You can get in it, but most don't stay too long!

Your boat will be one of the first to arrive, but as the day goes on, it becomes more crowded because this is a top destination.

The crew serves a delicious lunch on board, and there was plenty of food. Drinks were included: beer, wine, water, sodas.

There are two "heads" on the boat for toilet facilities, and they were in very good shape and clean. Probably some of the best I've seen on an excursion boat.

It is also fun to jump from the ship into the water and swim right around the boat. There are long noodle floats that you can use to just paddle around. Then there is another 1 1/2 hour cruise back to the port. More lovely views, napping, sunbathing, drinks. Good Times, if this is what you are looking for. :cool2:

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter