MAY 2023 W.I.S.H. - May you have a healthy month

Happy Sunday of a long weekend! As you know, I am *so* ready for summer to get here.

To that end, I don't want to add in hosting a week in June, but I'll for sure do a July once chemo is on the rearview mirror.

I've been working hard to find things other than food to distract myself from the impending infusion deadline. Thank goodness it's only two more because I swear, as soon as I start to feel better, my brain goes to, "Yeah, but not for long. Things are going to suck again real soon now, just you wait!"

Between having no immune system and no sun tolerance (a fun side effect of chemo), I've been feeling incredibly restless and limited with the things I am a able to do at home. Books, TV, Dis, working out: nothing has been fulfilling. And, boredom is one of my top food triggers, second only to stress. Yesterday, after some significant fiddling, Hubby managed to get our Wii (the original) hooked back up to the TV and I spent hours playing Super Mario Galaxy. I know that doesn't sound like a particularly "healthy" day, but I had already done a strength workout and it kept me out of the pantry that whole time. I'm sure my attention here will wane as well, but I just need it to keep me going for a couple more weeks...

Time for a quick breakfast and morning run before the sun gets too hot for me. :sunny::sunny::sunny:
Keeping you in my thoughts.

HI! I have been on WW since January of 2022 (for this current round) and as of today am down 90 pounds. I was ALMOST to my 100 mark but May has NOT been kind to me! DH has suffered some massive medical issues and so its been alot of hospital stays, fast food, and stress. I am looking forward to June!!

This is what I posted on my WL YouTube Channel:

So - thought I would give ya'll an update - May has really been a rough month. Life has SMACKED ME in the face with all of Sam's medical issues that have went on and all of the eating out has caused about a 10 pound(ish) gain, so while I was SO CLOSE to reaching that 100 pound goal by the end of May, it simply wasn't meant to be.

May has been a rollercoaster of emotions, and quite frankly, emotional eating. I can do one of two things: I can give up - throw up my hands - say that since i have gained and had a hard month, that I am doomed to fail again and just go back to being over 300 pounds

OR - OR!!!!! I can say - May is almost over. May has been a CRAP SHOOT and a **** HOLE. (I mean, am I wrong?)
BUT - BUT!!! June is ALMOST HERE!! June is reaching out for me with both arms like I am a toddler learning to walk, and saying - keep on walking - I am here to catch you and it will be ok. I'm a NEW MONTH! With NEW GOALS AND NEW POSSIBILITIES!!

THAT is what is keeping me going. Will I have some weight to re-loose? Yes.
Will I need to DOUBLE DOWN if I want to make that goal by July? Yes! CAN I DO IT? YES I CAN!!

Are we allowed to share YouTube links in this thread? If not, my channel name is Lena's Weight Loss Diary if you want to follow along on my journey! (I started it when I lost 50 pounds last summer so the fist 50 is on my main YT channel - prob should have given it a dedicated one from the start, but oh well!
Welcome! This is a great group and I hope you'll find the support you're looking for with us.

Yesterday evening I flipped how the house is set up, moving the living room furniture into the dining room and the dining room furniture into one end of the living room. Now I'm thinking about putting the bedroom furniture in to the other end of the living room... might turn in to a project for today.

And the deer got in to the side yard again and ate four sunflowers (the fanciest ones, of course) and four strawberry plants. Ugh. So another project for today will be to figure out how to get the extra wire screening up on the fence.

@newski_mom When I go walking at the beach I see cruise ships going by on a regular basis, last night I'm pretty sure it was the Princess ship headed up to Alaska. When you're on your cruise and the ship makes a left turn to exit Puget Sound and enter the Strait of Juan de Fuca, you'll be going right past my town - Port Townsend.

1685289640090.png

Sunday night already…how does this happen so fast?!?! Sooooo glad tomorrow is a Holiday and since it falls on my in office day I don’t have to drive in this week 🎉🎉🎉

My self care today was church and carry out for dinner…other than that I spent the day inside cleaning/doing laundry and DH spent the day outside getting everything ready for family to come tomorrow for our BBQ…not sure how many we will have total but it will be great no matter what!

DD and our oldest son went hiking today and it looked gorgeous, the weather was perfect for a hike so I am glad that worked out for them.

DD just got home from youth group they did a Luau theme tonight and it looked fun!

Happy Memorial Day everyone!

Please sign up to host a week.

5/29-6/4: ShannyMcB
6/5-6/11: PAsFab5
6/12-6/18:
6/19-6/25:

6/26-7/2: Summer2018:sunny:

Thank you!!!

I have been off my computer all weekend, but I can do the week of 6/12 - 6/18
@newski_mom When I go walking at the beach I see cruise ships going by on a regular basis, last night I'm pretty sure it was the Princess ship headed up to Alaska. When you're on your cruise and the ship makes a left turn to exit Puget Sound and enter the Strait of Juan de Fuca, you'll be going right past my town - Port Townsend.

View attachment 763665

That is so neat! I am so excited to visit your area! I've never been anywhere in the Pacific Northwest and I'm excited to see it.

I'm not sure if I shared on here or not, but we are coming in on Thursday night very late (landing a little after midnight), so will have all day Friday and Saturday before the cruise and then will have Sunday afternoon after cruise returns and Monday before flying out Tuesday morning. So excited to explore the Seattle area as well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts