** May 2020 Check In **

tsumgirl

Mouseketeer
I'm so excited to have my trip finalized, so I thought I'd start the May check in page. I'll be travelling May 21-27, staying at the Residence Inn Convention Center. Feel free to post your travel dates and where you'll be staying, and as well as any events you come across. I'll do my best to keep this page updated.

May Happenings:

5/1 Star Wars Day Light vs Dark 7:30pm-11pm (Unofficial event)
5/3 Bats Day in the Fun Park (Unofficial event: batsday.net)
5/4 May the 4th (Star Wars)
5/5 Cinco de Mayo
5/10 Mother's Day
5/25 Memorial Day
??? Summer - Avenger's Campus Opens

Grad Nites:

May 8, 9, 15, 16, 20, 26, 27, 29, 30
June 2, 3, 5, 6, 10, 12, 13

More information: 2020 Disneyland Resort Grad Nite Dates Announced

Possible Refurbishments:

Snow White's Scary Adventure Jan 7 - TBD
Haunted Mansion Jan 21 - TBD
King Arthur's Carrousel Jan 21 - TBD
Indiana Jones dates yet to be announced

Ticket Promotion Jan. 7 - May 21, 2020:

3-day 1PPD/PH Child Tickets and SoCal Resident Tickets available at a discounted rate. For more information, refer to the DIS Thread and Original Announcement below. Please note: Tickets expire at park closing on May 21st!

DIS Thread - https://www.disboards.com/threads/socal-child-ticket-deal-2020.3785340/
Original Announcement - https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2020/01/disneyland-resort-announces-limited-time-offers-for-2020-kids-everywhere-and-southern-california-residents-can-play-for-67-per-person-per-day-with-3-day-1-park-per-day-tickets/

Last edited:

tsumgirl

Mouseketeer
May Travellers:

4/29-5/5 wilsonarts Desert Palms
5/3-9 mas05 VGC
5/8-13 kellymmcg VGC
5/9-12 lindyv321 DI&S
5/9-13 CastAStone BWPPI
5/9-17 Raech
5/10-16 Crazy4Disney72 BWPPI
5/12-15 Thiago Acquaviva
5/12-16 LynnTH BWPPI
5/12-17 tbgmom Tropicana
5/13-14 lalasmama
5/13-16 AliciaS
5/16-23 mocame BWPPI
5/17-24 Denise0362 VGC
5/18-23 Mouse13 Hotel Indigo
5/20-25 roctavia GCH
5/20-27 GoofyforDisney3 Fairfield Inn
5/21-27 tsumgirl Residence Inn Convention Center
5/22-27 Winnowill Peacock Suites
5/24-27 m_adelaide GCH

Last edited:

• Save up to 25% in Early 2020!
    Visit the Disneyland Resort in early 2020 and save up to 25% on a stay at the Disneyland Resort Hotels.
    This offer must be booked by 03/14/20, with travel completed by 04/17/20. This offer is good most nights 01/05/20 to 04/16/20!
    Click Here for Details

• theluckyrabbit

Thank you for starting this thread!
    For anyone visiting the week of May 21st and especially the weekend before, be aware of the SoCal Promo Ticket expiration crowds! The week of the promo expiration and the weekend before are historically very busy in the parks as locals scramble to use their tickets before the last date.

mocame

Mouseketeer
    5/16-5/23 - Best Western Park Place Inn

Thank you for starting this thread!
    For anyone visiting the week of May 21st and especially the weekend before, be aware of the SoCal Promo Ticket expiration crowds! The week of the promo expiration and the weekend before are historically very busy in the parks as locals scramble to use their tickets before the last date.
    Oh, boy. I was hoping for a calmer week for my 1st visit and probably only trip to Disneyland. Thankfully we have 5 day tickets. I'm hoping to get to ride the new refurbished Snow White before we leave and wouldn't mind if we got a sneak peak at Avengers Campus too. So excited! I love WDW but I'm looking forward to see Disneyland and all the different things it has to offer. :yay::dogdance::banana:

theluckyrabbit

... Oh, boy. I was hoping for a calmer week for my 1st visit and probably only trip to Disneyland. Thankfully we have 5 day tickets. I'm hoping to get to ride the new refurbished Snow White before we leave and wouldn't mind if we got a sneak peak at Avengers Campus too. So excited! I love WDW but I'm looking forward to see Disneyland and all the different things it has to offer. :yay::dogdance::banana:
    You have enough time to make get organized and make good plans! Being prepared is half the game plan, right? You're already starting off with a great attitude! Make your plans and reservations, be positive and flexible, and get ready to have a magical trip!

Mouse13

DIS Veteran
    May 18 - 23 - Hotel Indigo. I'm so excited. I'll be celebrating my 60th birthday and my son and daughter and son-in-law will be joining me!! It's going to be so much fun!!

• tsumgirl

Mouseketeer
    5/16-5/23 - Best Western Park Place Inn

Oh, boy. I was hoping for a calmer week for my 1st visit and probably only trip to Disneyland. Thankfully we have 5 day tickets. I'm hoping to get to ride the new refurbished Snow White before we leave and wouldn't mind if we got a sneak peak at Avengers Campus too. So excited! I love WDW but I'm looking forward to see Disneyland and all the different things it has to offer. :yay::dogdance::banana:
    Welcome to the May group!

I went around this time last year, and one of the good things about going during an expected busy time is the hours are typically longer, which takes the pressure off completing a lot in one day. With 5 days, you'll be able to get to all your must-do's and have time for repeats on your favorite rides.

I'm really hoping Snow White is up and running, as well. It's always fun to be there for new things. I'll add the Avengers Campus, too...thanks for the reminder! That would be amazing if you're able to see it on this trip!

tsumgirl

Mouseketeer
    May 18 - 23 - Hotel Indigo. I'm so excited. I'll be celebrating my 60th birthday and my son and daughter and son-in-law will be joining me!! It's going to be so much fun!!
    What a great way to celebrate your 60th! The Hotel Indigo is a great choice...I loved my stay there, and the staff was wonderful!

CastAStone

Model Citizen. Reformed Mathlete.
    May 9-13 BWPPI (unless I can figure out a way to use Chase points for DLH).

As the section is called "Potential" closures, I'll toss out there that Touring Plans has Haunted Mansion closed through May 11, and that King Arthur Carrousel has no announced reopen date yet.

tsumgirl

Mouseketeer
    May 9-13 BWPPI (unless I can figure out a way to use Chase points for DLH).

As the section is called "Potential" closures, I'll toss out there that Touring Plans has Haunted Mansion closed through May 11, and that King Arthur Carrousel has no announced reopen date yet.
    Thanks for the heads up! I've added HM and King Arthur Carrousel to the list of possibilities. I hope the DLH works out for you!

• Crazy4Disney72

DIS Veteran
    May 10-16, Best Western Park Place Inn & Suites
    I hope that Snow White and Haunted Mansion are running during our trip!

GoofyforDisney3

DIS Veteran
    Probably going to be in California, starting with a few days in LA area, beginning Wednesday, 5/20 for 7 or so days. It’s my DDs graduation trip and if I’m going we are going to do as much as possible while still having a little relaxing time. I’m still on the fence about the exact days and itinerary. Probably going with Fairfield Inn on Harber for our DL days.

tsumgirl

Mouseketeer
    May 10-16, Best Western Park Place Inn & Suites
    I hope that Snow White and Haunted Mansion are running during our trip!
    Me too!

Probably going to be in California, starting with a few days in LA area, beginning Wednesday, 5/20 for 7 or so days. It’s my DDs graduation trip and if I’m going we are going to do as much as possible while still having a little relaxing time. I’m still on the fence about the exact days and itinerary. Probably going with Fairfield Inn on Harber for our DL days.
    Sounds like a nice long trip to celebrate:banana:

m_adelaide

Earning My Ears
    May 24-27 at Grand Californian for our first trip to Disneyland! We have done a few trips to WDW and I like the more laid back approach to planning here!

Raech

Earning My Ears
    May 9th to 17th.
    I thought I heard the tentative date for Snow White to re-open was May 22?

GoofyforDisney3

DIS Veteran
    May 9th to 17th.
    I thought I heard the tentative date for Snow White to re-open was May 22?
    I sure hope so! I know things get closed for refurbishment and need to, but I selfishly want nothing closed while I'm there since who knows when I'll get to go back. LOL

tsumgirl

Mouseketeer
    May 24-27 at Grand Californian for our first trip to Disneyland! We have done a few trips to WDW and I like the more laid back approach to planning here!
    I'm so excited for you! I thought my first time would be my only visit for awhile...and now I'm an AP :rotfl2:

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates