May 2, 2014 - A WONDERous trip through the Locks WBPC

Disboards does not allow 'new' members to utilize PMs... Are the people in charge of these groups also in Facebook? There are several people in the FB group that would like to participate and we are not disboard savy...

Thank you!

Let's get this party started! Who's in for 14 months of planning a Fiesta at Sea?

FE
Secret Mickey
Candy

Other things mentioned but not planned yet (feel free to suggest more or volunteer to plan or help):

PJ breakfast - Brixton
DIS meet for Kids - Brixton
Game Nights - ImDMous
Private Tastings - ImDMous (tequila, martini, mixology, champagne, etc)
You are 2 post short of being able to PM. Most everything is done here so say Hi a couple of times. pirate:

Hi everyone! I'm just now finding out about these boards, but we are on this cruise! It'll be our 8th Disney cruise & first time through the Panama Canal (although I used to live in Panama)! I'm Kristi, my husband is Ali, and our girls are Keltner (14) & Olivia (11). We just got off the Wonder a week ago & can't wait to be back :) I tried to look through & see if there's a fb page or meet & greet planned or anything else, but there are a LOT of pages! Can someone fill me in really quick? Sorry!

Welcome neighbor! I'm nearby in Ladera Ranch! :wave2:

I just want to say welcome!:welcome:

Hubby & I are senior citizens who enjoyed our 45th anniversary on this years EBTA cruise and we enjoyed the 14 night cruise so much, we decided to try a 25 night one!:goodvibes

I am organizing a candy exchange. I do not go on FB much at all, so I can't help you there!

Bobbi:goodvibes

Thanks! Wow-45 years is definitely something to be proud of!! Congratulations!! How does the candy exchange work? I never knew about all this organized stuff…SO cool!

Welcome, Kristi!!! The WBPC will also be my 1st thru the Panama Canal, but my 7th cruise on DCL! Really looking forward to this itinerary, it should be a great one! :)

We haven't really planned much yet... I think everyone is trying to get thru the holidays first!

Here's the link to our facebook page:

Wow, wow, wow!!! How awesome is that? We cruised the 11/29 Western Caribbean with all 7 of our kiddos (Olivia - 8, Nick - 13, Chris - 13, Cassidy - 16, Cody - 16, Zack - 17 & Ashley - 23). Did your girls go to the clubs at all? Olivia was in the Lab, Nick & Chris were in the Edge, and Cassidy, Cody & Zack were in the Vibe. They stayed so busy that we rarely saw them!!!

We'll be cruising the WBPC without kids... we feel it's just too close to the end of the school year to pull them outl. This will actually be our 2nd kidless cruise, the first being last Fall's cruise to Hawaii. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the link!! My girls didn't do the clubs this time :( I agree-it's a lot of time to pull them out at the end of the year. We homeschool, so it's just a matter of shifting work around for us :)

Basically the Candy Exchange is a chance to share candies from your area with others, and in turn you will get to sample treats from others.

The amount of candies you give to each participant varies, we've given 10-12 salt water taffy pieces, we've received assorted Hershey snack sized candies, packages of samples of Goetz candies, and more. We use the Fish Extenders in our exchange.

If there are lots of participants, I will divide the group so you will be exchanging with perhaps 8-10 others.

For now, you can PM me if you are interested. Please put WBPC cruise in the PM, since I am organizing a CE for another DCL cruise as well! When we get closer, I will ask for your Cabin numbers. Now, I am just looking at "interest."

Bobbi:)

Welcome to all who have joined the group! It's almost 2014! 2014 seemed so far away when we booked this last May! I hope everyone is warm & dry...as I sit here in another snowstrom:)

I just talked a friend into joining me on this trip! She has four kids -3,6,8, and 11 - who will be very excited for their first cruise!

FE: Just after the holidays, I will pm a spreadsheet to everyone who is on the list so far. Please, let me know how many cabins with whom you'd like to exchange. Also, please pm cabin # & real names & kids ages...if you haven't already done so.

Thanks so much! We are REALLY excited to meet all of you in May:cool1:

We were on that one too and are going to be on the WBPC too!! I wonder who you are! How old are your kids? We were in 7522 w/ two redheaded girls, 14 & 11 and were on the second seating. Cue the Small World music :)

How was the room? We like that part of the ship!

Flight home from Seattle - Booked
Hotel in Miami - booked
Hotel in Oakhurst CA - booked
Hotel in Grants Pass OR - booked
Hotel in Lacey, WA - booked
We are getting excited.

Probably after the holidays, I will be including a running roster of people interested in the Candy Exchange. I have been doing that on the other Disney cruises I am organizing for. Still, no need for cabins at this time, interest only. Until I start this running account, I am getting PM's. Just remember to put WBPC in the title!

We are at MCO right now, leaving WDW after a great 6 night stay. We met personal friends, family, and some DISBOARD friends. We love the Candlelight Processional in particular. December would not be complete for us without at least 1 viewing! Anyone else?

OK...I had a few minutes while my pie is baking! (We're celebrating Mom's 94th birthday on Monday....need plenty of food for the celebration!)

These are the names of people who have expressed an interest in the candy exchange. I'll keep a running list on this thread, adding or subtracting as needed. Around the middle of March, I will end the list, and decide if we need to divide into groups, and I'll be asking for room numbers via PMs here. I'll be sending that list to participants by April 1st. That's my plan so far.

Candy Exchange for WBPC

beaglefan
Mama2Hope
JenDen
MommyTo5
bobbiwoz

Probably after the holidays, I will be including a running roster of people interested in the Candy Exchange. I have been doing that on the other Disney cruises I am organizing for. Still, no need for cabins at this time, interest only. Until I start this running account, I am getting PM's. Just remember to put WBPC in the title!

We are at MCO right now, leaving WDW after a great 6 night stay. We met personal friends, family, and some DISBOARD friends. We love the Candlelight Processional in particular. December would not be complete for us without at least 1 viewing! Anyone else?

We are also huge lovers of the Candlelight Processional. I remember the first time is saw it, made me cry.:goodvibes

We are also huge lovers of the Candlelight Processional. I remember the first time is saw it, made me cry.:goodvibes

Absolutely! This year we saw it with Tom's cousin and her family. It was a great way to cap off the vacation, and then the Fireworks with the Seasonal ending! Wow!

We saw Edward James Almos this year. Who was your celebrity?

We went to Disneyland for Candlelight. Our Narrator was Kurt Russell. I like it better at Disneyland. It's the way Walt did it. On the Main Street Station. We only do it one weekend here. The first weekend of December. I really like it even though I do not celebrate Christmas because I am Jewish, I think it is a very well done production with a great choir and music. I look forward to it every year.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

We went to Disneyland for Candlelight. Our Narrator was Kurt Russell. I like it better at Disneyland. It's the way Walt did it. On the Main Street Station. We only do it one weekend here. The first weekend of December. I really like it even though I do not celebrate Christmas because I am Jewish, I think it is a very well done production with a great choir and music. I look forward to it every year.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

When I started working in the Magic Kingdom it was done there. I'm not sure when it move to EPCOT but it was in the 90"s. They needed to do it every night. It was prettier in the MK.

My husband and I will be on this cruise. We love the Wonder! Look forward to getting involved in some activities and meeting some board members. :cool1:

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter