May 2, 2014 - A WONDERous trip through the Locks WBPC

I would say, since lately it looks like DCL is shying slowly from doing the right thing and trying to make more money, and the fact the promotion is over I would say you would only get 10% off.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

Yes, I am rather thinking that will be the case.

(Posting this here and to the facebook group... sorry to those of you that see it twice!)

Just got an email from my travel agent with a "revised final payment due date" of 12/14/2013 for this cruise. This can't be right, can it???

I don't think so. I only had an email from my TA just over a week ago saying due to them 2/15/14 and due to Disney 2/16/14(They need the money earlier) However if you are Gold or above you can pay up earlier to be able to book Palo, excursions earlier, as Alan is doing. Not sure of the date for that but Alan will. We are Gold but as we don't want to book anything I am not going to pay earlier.

(Posting this here and to the facebook group... sorry to those of you that see it twice!)

Just got an email from my travel agent with a "revised final payment due date" of 12/14/2013 for this cruise. This can't be right, can it???

I hope it is not correct...that's this Saturday!

Hubby:santa: just booked us today, for the Panama Canal Cruise, so excited! :cool1:

I found the Facebook Group, is there a FE or similar group as well? We are travelling with our daughter (3):lovestruc and she loves the FE. :)

Just heard back from my TA stating my "true final payment date" is December 30. He included no explanation of why I received an email with a revised date.:confused3

Just heard back from my TA stating my "true final payment date" is December 30. He included no explanation of why I received an email with a revised date.:confused3

I just contacted our TA via e-mail to see if she knows anything about a change in due date.

As far as FE goes, the contact is mentioned in the first post of this thread. I am organizing a Candy Exchange, and if anyone wants to get together for pin trading, we can discuss that here. I'll be more active regarding those things in February.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Hubby:santa: just booked us today, for the Panama Canal Cruise, so excited! :cool1:

I found the Facebook Group, is there a FE or similar group as well? We are travelling with our daughter (3):lovestruc and she loves the FE. :)

Info on FE is in first post.:thumbsup2

Welcome!:welcome:

I don't think they can change the Paid in full. I asked about mine when I noticed it was in Feb but for long cruises it's normally 120 days out. I was told it was a error but since they put it out there they would honor it. Being platinum I wanted to be paid by 120 day and that happens to be 1/2/14. As for booking date for Gold and silver and first timers is as follows. For gold 15 days after 1/2/14, silver is 30 days and first time cruisers is 45 days all after 1/2/14. If you want to know just log into your reservation and look to see when you can begin online check in. That's the day you can also do your palo and stuff.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

A year ago today I stepped onboard the Wonder for the EBPC! I can't believe it's been a year. It was hands down my most favorite cruise. Can't wait for May to get here to do it again, this time in the opposite direction!!

We just decided today to do the May 2014 WBPC cruise. Of course I went directly to DISboard to get as much info as I could.
It looks like we are starting this a little late.

For those of you with booking experience on the PC cruises I have a couple questions.
Does the cruise generally sail much less than full? 75%? 80%? more? less?
We "require" a large porthole stateroom or better. Should we book an inside stateroom and "expect" an upgrade? Are upgrades on a less than full cruise that forthcoming?

Hi. On the 3 we have been on the rooms did fill up but the room occupancy was lower, i.e., singles, couples, only a few children.

I would not expect an upgrade and I would book the kind of room you want and then you won't be disappointed. There is a chance that there could be some good guarantee verandah rates later on and then you could cancel and re book. We did this last May.

Hi All:cool1: IHaven't been on here lately due to the frenzy of the turkey travel and then coming home to the angry ice godpirate:. We did not leave the house for 5 days and then had to clear the driveway with a sledge hammer and shovel to get the car down the hill:crazy:. At least most of the major roads are clear now. Drinking a cup of hot tea and going over the choir music for Saturday and Sundays Christmas performance at the church. I need to sing solo, Yep so low they can't hear me.Welcome to all the new faces and beuno tequila to all my currrent libationers.party: I hope all is well with you and yours and of course.. Carry on..From my pc:tinker:

Hi All:cool1: IHaven't been on here lately due to the frenzy of the turkey travel and then coming home to the angry ice godpirate:. We did not leave the house for 5 days and then had to clear the driveway with a sledge hammer and shovel to get the car down the hill:crazy:. At least most of the major roads are clear now. Drinking a cup of hot tea and going over the choir music for Saturday and Sundays Christmas performance at the church. I need to sing solo, Yep so low they can't hear me.Welcome to all the new faces and beuno tequila to all my currrent libationers.party: I hope all is well with you and yours and of course.. Carry on..From my pc:tinker:

Have a wonderful celebration! I'm enjoying Christmas Eve herbal tea right now. Ohio's weather has been bad enough, it's hard to imagine what you have been through!

Just made our payment and yes, I'm excited.

This will be our second Disney cruise and our first time through the canal. After our first Disney cruise on the Dream we are hooked and will most like never cruise on another line again.

It will be myself (DH) and DW along with our 5yo:littleangel: We asked our daughter what was her favorite part of the last cruise and she told us "sleeping in the bed that comes out of the ceiling and sitting in the big round window. So, no veranda suite for us. We will be staying in an ocean view room with "a big round window to sit in".

Now it's time to start finding dinner dresses for my DD:woohoo: (Yes, I traded in my man card 5 years ago.)

We will be joining in on the FE as we already have a very unique home made FE and our DD loves it. I will look into the secret Mickey, we did not do that before.

How many more days???

Hi everyone! I'm just now finding out about these boards, but we are on this cruise! It'll be our 8th Disney cruise & first time through the Panama Canal (although I used to live in Panama)! I'm Kristi, my husband is Ali, and our girls are Keltner (14) & Olivia (11). We just got off the Wonder a week ago & can't wait to be back :) I tried to look through & see if there's a fb page or meet & greet planned or anything else, but there are a LOT of pages! Can someone fill me in really quick? Sorry!

Just off the Wonder! :thumbsup2 Our 7-night Western Caribbean (Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel) was absolutely fabulous!!! Starting the countdown for the WBPC today... 144 days!

We were on that one too and are going to be on the WBPC too!! I wonder who you are! How old are your kids? We were in 7522 w/ two redheaded girls, 14 & 11 and were on the second seating. Cue the Small World music :)

Hi everyone! I'm just now finding out about these boards, but we are on this cruise! It'll be our 8th Disney cruise & first time through the Panama Canal (although I used to live in Panama)! I'm Kristi, my husband is Ali, and our girls are Keltner (14) & Olivia (11). We just got off the Wonder a week ago & can't wait to be back :) I tried to look through & see if there's a fb page or meet & greet planned or anything else, but there are a LOT of pages! Can someone fill me in really quick? Sorry!

I just want to say welcome!:welcome:

Hubby & I are senior citizens who enjoyed our 45th anniversary on this years EBTA cruise and we enjoyed the 14 night cruise so much, we decided to try a 25 night one!:goodvibes

I am organizing a candy exchange. I do not go on FB much at all, so I can't help you there!

Bobbi:goodvibes

I'm trying to keep everything planned on the first post so it's easy to find. We don't have a meet planned yet but I'm sure there will be at least one. I updated it to have the Facebook group on there. I don't use Facebook by my DH is in the group there. Welcome aboard!

Welcome, Kristi!!! The WBPC will also be my 1st thru the Panama Canal, but my 7th cruise on DCL! Really looking forward to this itinerary, it should be a great one! :)

We haven't really planned much yet... I think everyone is trying to get thru the holidays first!

Here's the link to our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/637605662932146/

We were on that one too and are going to be on the WBPC too!! I wonder who you are! How old are your kids? We were in 7522 w/ two redheaded girls, 14 & 11 and were on the second seating. Cue the Small World music :)

Wow, wow, wow!!! How awesome is that? We cruised the 11/29 Western Caribbean with all 7 of our kiddos (Olivia - 8, Nick - 13, Chris - 13, Cassidy - 16, Cody - 16, Zack - 17 & Ashley - 23). Did your girls go to the clubs at all? Olivia was in the Lab, Nick & Chris were in the Edge, and Cassidy, Cody & Zack were in the Vibe. They stayed so busy that we rarely saw them!!!

We'll be cruising the WBPC without kids... we feel it's just too close to the end of the school year to pull them outl. This will actually be our 2nd kidless cruise, the first being last Fall's cruise to Hawaii. :thumbsup2

Disboards does not allow 'new' members to utilize PMs... Are the people in charge of these groups also in Facebook? There are several people in the FB group that would like to participate and we are not disboard savy...

Thank you!

Let's get this party started! Who's in for 14 months of planning a Fiesta at Sea?

FE
Secret Mickey
Candy

Other things mentioned but not planned yet (feel free to suggest more or volunteer to plan or help):

PJ breakfast - Brixton
DIS meet for Kids - Brixton
Game Nights - ImDMous
Private Tastings - ImDMous (tequila, martini, mixology, champagne, etc)

Disboards does not allow 'new' members to utilize PMs... Are the people in charge of these groups also in Facebook? There are several people in the FB group that would like to participate and we are not disboard savy...

Thank you!

Yes, I agree that it would be fabulous if those in charge of planning could hop on over to the facebook group as well! I know many don't feel comfortable sharing info in a public forum such as the DISboards, but they still wish to join in on the fun activities! ;)

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter