Master List of DVC Grills

We stayed at the Beach Club Villas two weeks ago for the first time. Didn't get that DVC feeling at all. The front desk did not know where the grills were! They told us that the store sold charcoal, but the store manager said that they have never sold charcoal. And as for the bbq utensils we have used at Kidani and SSR, they didn't know what we were talking about. Everytime we asked a DVC question we would get that "deer in the headlights" look. The "Welcome Home" didn't seem sincere.

You need to provide your own charcoal (which the resort stores sell).

On longer stays we always grill, since we're so close form home I bring all of the utensils etc. with me. I've used the grills at OKW many times and also at SSR! Thanks for the info on the other resorts!

as far as those CM's who didn't know about the grills, they are kind of tucked away, out of sight, plus most people would expect to see a bigger type of gas grill!

It's nice to see your vigilence paid off!
We are staying at OKW near the Hospitality House in June, is there a grill near there??

Staratoga Springs Resort & Spa - Charcoal grills near the quiet pools, and at each Treehouse unit.

To avoid confusion at SSR, it might be more appropriate to say there are charcoal grills & picnic enclosures at the Congress Park and Grandstand quiet pools, and a charcoal grill at each Tree House Villa.

Even though your statement is technically correct because the Paddock pool can be classified as a themed pool now, many still think of it as a quiet pool. There's no BBQ in the Paddock. The grills and playground were taken out when the pool was expanded.

This is great! I don't suppose you can add a grilling with charcoal 101 for folk like me who've only grilled with gas grills and have only known folks with gas grills. :rotfl:

My exDH tried it once and the food took too long to cook and came out tasting like lighter fluid. I'd like to give it a try on my own.

How clean are the grills? Do you clean them prior to use....if so with what?

The grills are cleaned nightly by the maintenance staff. We grilled at about 7pm on our first night, and by 9am the next morning it had already been cleaned.

I know that some people have recommended bringing your own cleaning products, etc. We did not do this, and it was fine. I would say that the grills are moderately clean; if you are a "clean freak," you might want to bring your own cleaning products to be extra safe. :thumbsup2

How clean are the grills? Do you clean them prior to use....if so with what?

Surprisingly clean! The first time I expected to see your typical greasy, nasty, public park grill, but not so!

I still scrape the heck out of it, just like at home!

This is great! I don't suppose you can add a grilling with charcoal 101 for folk like me who've only grilled with gas grills and have only known folks with gas grills. :rotfl:

My exDH tried it once and the food took too long to cook and came out tasting like lighter fluid. I'd like to give it a try on my own.
Sounds like your ex was too impatient. Unlike a gas grill, you can't light it off and start cooking immediately. Pile the coals in a stack and give them a good dousing with lighter fluid, making sure to get some down into the center of the stack. Light them in several places and let them burn for a while. After the flames go out, continue to wait until they've turn mostly white with a glowing orange color coming from the center of the pile. This is the perfect time to cook. The coals will be at their hottest, and there won't be any lighter fluid taste. At home, I usually light the grill about 30 minutes before I'm ready to start cooking. The grills at Disney are smaller, though, so it won't take them quite that long.

Here's what I do, I detest lighter fluid and do not use it (it's like I can taste it)!

1st I prepare snacks, appetizers, a pitcher of drinks! Then I get my bag of briquettes (even self starter briquettes are preferable to lighter fluid) and a newspaper (yes a whole one) and a lighter! Then I gather the teenagers, so they can carry it all to the grill area! I lay the whole paper at the bottom, pile on the briquesttes, light the paper! We have cocktail time, snack, drink, swim around the quiet pool! The coals are generally ready within 25 to 35 minutes, a bit less if using the self starters!! They are grey on top and red ambered in the middle!

We will be staying at a Treehouse in September and plan on grilling. Are the utensils located in the treehouse units? Or do we have to pick them up somewhere else?

Thanks! :)

Thank you Dave & BeasleyBoo! I will give your advice a try :goodvibes Cooking with charcoal sounds pretty easy and might match my "not in a rush" personality.

Great idea you gave me. I am stayng in a studio at Vero this summer. Trying to decidse what to eat while there as we would have no stove. We can grill out.

Thanks Tigger

We will be staying at a Treehouse in September and plan on grilling. Are the utensils located in the treehouse units? Or do we have to pick them up somewhere else?

Thanks! :)
Yes. They were in the storage drawer under the oven in our unit. Long spatula, tongs, and fork.

You'll need your own charcoal, lighter fluid, and matches.

Also pack a flashlight if you plan to cook out after dark. The path light is on the opposite side of the path from the grill, and it's tough to see what you're cooking. Also, there's no table down by the grill. I hated to put plates and things directly on the ground, so we made a make-shift table using a luggage rack and the lid from our owner's locker. If you don't have an owner's locker, there's a cookie sheet in the kitchen you could use.

Anybody know about the tools at BLT? Does the community hall have them?

TIA!

Yes. They were in the storage drawer under the oven in our unit. Long spatula, tongs, and fork.

You'll need your own charcoal, lighter fluid, and matches.

Also pack a flashlight if you plan to cook out after dark. The path light is on the opposite side of the path from the grill, and it's tough to see what you're cooking. Also, there's no table down by the grill. I hated to put plates and things directly on the ground, so we made a make-shift table using a luggage rack and the lid from our owner's locker. If you don't have an owner's locker, there's a cookie sheet in the kitchen you could use.

Thanks for the great tips! :)

we've grilled at bcv several times. I was just trying to find the utensils here. I called the "front desk" like from the room phone, they told me that they were "at the recreation desk next to the check-desk, that is community hall." So I was walking through the lobby and asked the conceierge desk. She didn't know, but she started calling the facilities people. She left me a message that they do not have any and that you have to buy them off property to use. I thought all the dvc resorts were supposed to have them, but I guess not. The grill out area at bcv is very nice, there are two grills and a picnic table by the quiet pool. It is the taj mahal grilling pavillion of kidani or anything, but it is very nice. The wilv one *is* hard to find.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter