Massachusetts DVC Owners Group

Cookies and Oatmeal, sending you pixie dust and other good vibes that your ROFR passes. Initially, I made an offer for BLT and learned fairly quickly that Disney bought it back. However, a few weeks later (same price per point and same # of points in the contract; the only difference was the 2nd offer had 25 less banked points included in the sale) the second offer I made was accepted. Fingers crossed.

Thank you! My contract is for 100pt at $155/pt. Hoping that Disney will think its just a tad too expensive for them to ROFR. However they just scooped up a 125pt at $149 so definitely too close for comfort! I've been watching contracts on resale sites and am surprised at the prices within that last week or so. So much higher!

So excited to see so many MA DVC members! We bought at SS (resale) in 2012 and took our first DVC trip in 2013. Central MA residents, but I grew up on the South Shore. Usually head down during school vacation weeks, but just switched my April res to June when school gets out.

Hi Mass members! I'm shopping for our first resale right now. I notice there is a change in sponsorship on this board? Does Pete now recommend DVC Resale Market over DVC Store? We have rented points in the past and I can't wait to own! I'm on the lookout for AKL in particular and have a stay at Aulani booked for April! We live on the Southcoast.

Hi Mass members! I'm shopping for our first resale right now. I notice there is a change in sponsorship on this board? Does Pete now recommend DVC Resale Market over DVC Store? We have rented points in the past and I can't wait to own! I'm on the lookout for AKL in particular and have a stay at Aulani booked for April! We live on the Southcoast.
Pete definitely recommends DVC Resale Market since, as of Jan. 1st, they are a new sponsor of DIS. However, I suspect that many of us who have purchased resale have used some of the other resellers and have had either good experiences or not so good. My last resale experience - losing a sale via ROFR and successfully purchasing one - with **********.com was excellent. I think it is a good idea to monitor a few resale sites to find the listing you like. But, I always try to support Pete's sponsors and businesses as a thank you for all of the info and entertainment he's provided to me. (Dreams Unlimited Travel is my go-to DCL travel agent.)

Check all the reputable resale sites out there every morning to see if there’s any new contracts fitting your needs. That’s the best way to hunt down the contract you want. I do have to say that DVC Resale Market probably has the most user friendly site.

Hey Mass friends, not a DVC question, but hoping for some insight.
Anyone familiar with the rt128 area near reading/wakefield/lynnfield?

I'm going to have to stay with my mom for a week while she has surgery and recovers, At this point in time I will not enter stores and my search for ones that have grocery pickup is hitting a wall other than Whole Foods, which is okay but we're not familiar with their brands. I see a stop and shop in Reading, but they don't have the curbside service, same goes for Walmart in Saugus.

Last edited:

If you don't mind paying for someone to drop it off I've had pretty good results ordering from Stop and Shop. Same for if you have like a BJs membership.

If you don't mind paying for someone to drop it off I've had pretty good results ordering from Stop and Shop. Same for if you have like a BJs membership.
Good idea, I haven't bothered with delivery at home as most of the time our drivers get lost. It's easy to find my mom's house.
I fiddled with S&S's website and got it to acknowledge that they have delivery to her address. This sounds like the best option and I'm very familiar with what they carry. Thanks!

Last edited:
Good idea, I haven't bothered with delivery at home as most of the time our drivers get lost. It's easy to find my mom's house.
I fiddled with S&S's website and got it to acknowledge that they have delivery to my mom's house. Sounds like the best option and I'm very familiar with what they carry.
I had the seasonal flu last winter and used Instacart to have someone go grocery shopping for me. At the time they had a free trial for 2 weeks so I didn’t pay delivery charge.

Well our two week stay at OKW has come and gone, went by super fast even with no visits to the parks. Air travel was ok, Bradley was pretty empty on both departure and arrival, MCO was busy as usual but we felt fairly safe, both flights were full. We have another trip planned for late Sept, maybe things will be a little more relaxed by then especially concerning the masks. Room cleaning was a bit off this trip. We had to request clean towels and kitchen supplies on our 8th day as no one had been in our room yet. A stack of towels and a bag of supplies were dropped on a chair in the room without removing the used ones that were in a pile. We got our first cleaning on our 12th day, odd.

Well our two week stay at OKW has come and gone, went by super fast even with no visits to the parks. Air travel was ok, Bradley was pretty empty on both departure and arrival, MCO was busy as usual but we felt fairly safe, both flights were full. We have another trip planned for late Sept, maybe things will be a little more relaxed by then especially concerning the masks. Room cleaning was a bit off this trip. We had to request clean towels and kitchen supplies on our 8th day as no one had been in our room yet. A stack of towels and a bag of supplies were dropped on a chair in the room without removing the used ones that were in a pile. We got our first cleaning on our 12th day, odd.
Which airline?

On the way down Spirit, the first time flying them, didn't care for that airline but the flights were $57 each. On the way home Jet Blue, first time for them also and enjoyed that flight more. It was a updated plane, lots of seats with the extra leg room, I'm 6ft and was able to stretch out, plus movie and multiple snack options but flights were $113 each.

Hey, anyone know what the rules are for quarantine when we return from FL to MA? I'll be due for my second vax the day after I return. If I'm reading the exceptions to test/isolation correctly they will allow me to go to appointments, take care of loved ones, pick up meds etc outside of the restrictions. A second shot is essentially a medical appt, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter