Masks back at DL starting July 30

Rides that are fully outdoors with queues that are outdoors do not require masks. But any time you step foot inside a building, they will remind you to put your mask on. If the queue is outside but the ride is inside, they will ask you to put the mask on before boarding (ie Snow White).

It’s been pretty smooth. Some people didn’t get the memo and didn’t have a mask. They didn’t have extra masks at the bus stop for those guests. But there were also some disposable masks being given out around the park. But it’s not a guarantee, so guests are being reminded when entering the park that they will need one.

And the CMs have been amazing as always.

Thank you for the report. Don't necessarily like it, lol, but at least we have an idea what to expect. Glad to know we can wait in outdoor queues without a mask and then put them on for the ride if required. That seems totally doable to me.

Disney should publish a list of attractions and current masking requirements for each. That would help with any speculation and questions people might have.

Can anyone speak to Downtown Disney? Are masks required in non Disney owned shops? Husband and son are going to Lego store tomorrow and wondering if they will need masks.

Can anyone speak to Downtown Disney? Are masks required in non Disney owned shops? Husband and son are going to Lego store tomorrow and wondering if they will need masks.
Heading over to DD in a little bit. I will try to make my way into the Lego store.

Yes, masks are required in the Lego store. Was going to walk in without one, but there was a guy shouting at people as they came inside to please wear a mask.

We figured that would be the case, but I appreciate the confirmation.
You're welcome, was glad to finally get into a Lego store. Was very cool in there. My daughter was wanting to spend 20 bucks at the mix and match wall on a whole bunch of pink blocks 😂🤣

We ended up not buying anything this time through, but saw lots of fun and exciting Lego sets.

Can you clarify what you mean about speculation? I am confused why trying to determine what conditions are likely to be like in Disneyland in the future isn't closely tied to travel planning at Disneyland. I personally have found people's speculation to be helpful in trying to plan. Maybe I misunderstand what you mean and want to follow the rules.
I wonder about this as well. I wanted to know a couple of days ago how people thought Disney would respond to the increase in cases as I am planning our trip in December. I had read the stickied post so thought asking was okay as it wasn't looking to debate or get political. My post was taken down yet we are allowed to discuss here a day or so later. I got my answer by reading through this thread, but I just wonder why some posts are allowed while others are not. I respect the moderators and know they volunteer their time here, I just wish I had a better understanding of what crosses the line and what does not.

Hi. I'm basing the decisions on the entire posting history regarding to Covid threads. The final decision among the webmasters regarding these threads was that only the posts directly discussing official Disney policies and current conditions should be allowed because they help in planning. The threads that talk about what Disney may do in the future, or decisions made in other counties, other states, etc., are not considered to be constructive because they are speculation, which leads some to express their opinions on what they would prefer to happen, or what they think of the decisions, etc. Invariably, (or unfortunately) this opens the discussion to include divisive comments that we then have to clean up.

You guys don't see the number of reported posts we get daily on just a few threads that start off being helpful on different boards, but then spiral because people with agendas (however well meaning THEY think they are being) just have to post their opinions, then the fighting and insults start. To circumvent this we are just allowing threads that talk about current/known conditions. Having said that, if I see posts that veer off of that on this thread, rather than locking the thread, I'll delete those posts.

Some posts or threads done a few days ago were not relevant at the time, and then Disney came out with a policy that made those threads relevant, but I'm not going to go back and look for threads I deleted a few days ago that may be relevant now. Just please understand that none of this is personal (I don't really remember who posted what) and I'm doing the best I can.

Carry on. :)

Stores in DTD require masks. Matterhorn does not require a mask. Some stores like WOD was handing out masks. And smaller stores, like Marceline's, was limiting the number of people inside.

That said, I felt so bad for some little child (about 6 mos) last night. We sat down about 820p to wait for fireworks, and the child was in a stroller behind us. The child was constantly coughing. And parents were not even checking on her. In fact, mom just pulled the sunshade down further on the stroller. I seriously mean, there was never more than 2 mins between coughing fits. Whether it was bronchitis, covid, asthma, or whatever, the child clearly was not comfortable. Finally, about the time fireworks was to start, dad picked her up and started patting her on the back.

I realize this is SO subjective and everyone’s experience will be different, but here is mine. We are currently in DLR, a rescheduled trip from last June. I rebooked for this trip once the masking requirements ended (I was mostly concerned about outdoors). When the rules changed last week, I had a mini panic attack, but ultimately decided to still go through with the trip. We started in Disneyland today and honestly the masking issue -FOR US, is a non issue. #1, my kids had to wear masks for the whole school year, it really doesn’t faze them anymore. #2, we are masking SO rarely. We all have our masks on lanyards (highly recommend) and have no problem putting them on when instructed, but it’s such small time frames, it really is just a tiny blip for us. Like others have reported, outdoor queues, no masks, outdoor rides, no masks. It hasn’t impacted our trip at all.
Now that being said, in summer, outdoor masks would have been a hard pass! It’s hot!

I hope that might help some of you who are feeling down about the change!

I realize this is SO subjective and everyone’s experience will be different, but here is mine. We are currently in DLR, a rescheduled trip from last June. I rebooked for this trip once the masking requirements ended (I was mostly concerned about outdoors). When the rules changed last week, I had a mini panic attack, but ultimately decided to still go through with the trip. We started in Disneyland today and honestly the masking issue -FOR US, is a non issue. #1, my kids had to wear masks for the whole school year, it really doesn’t faze them anymore. #2, we are masking SO rarely. We all have our masks on lanyards (highly recommend) and have no problem putting them on when instructed, but it’s such small time frames, it really is just a tiny blip for us. Like others have reported, outdoor queues, no masks, outdoor rides, no masks. It hasn’t impacted our trip at all.
Now that being said, in summer, outdoor masks would have been a hard pass! It’s hot!

We're here with you! We are also in the Disneyland park today.

And I agree, we've had so little interaction with our masks, it's been nice. And the cast members are very helpful in reminding guests to put them on. I usually just smile and say thanks for the reminder.

Thank you for helping to allay many of my concerns. It definitely seems more cumbersome at WDW but FL has a very different COVID-19 situation right now.

We just got back yesterday from being in Disney/Universal for 10 Days Myself, Wife, Son (12), Daughter (15), We are all vaccinated. We were at Disney up until July 29th, so before the mask mandate and hardly anyone was wearing masks to include us, Indoor or out. The day that we switched over to Universal for three days (30 July) we wore masks when we were waiting for a ride with an inside Que but outdoors and in the resort we did not wear masks. We all got tested upon our return and thankfully all are negative for COVID.

Stores in DTD require masks. Matterhorn does not require a mask. Some stores like WOD was handing out masks. And smaller stores, like Marceline's, was limiting the number of people inside.

That said, I felt so bad for some little child (about 6 mos) last night. We sat down about 820p to wait for fireworks, and the child was in a stroller behind us. The child was constantly coughing. And parents were not even checking on her. In fact, mom just pulled the sunshade down further on the stroller. I seriously mean, there was never more than 2 mins between coughing fits. Whether it was bronchitis, covid, asthma, or whatever, the child clearly was not comfortable. Finally, about the time fireworks was to start, dad picked her up and started patting her on the back.
So for Matterhorn, no masks at all, not in line or riding, correct? And I’m guessing the same applies to outdoor rides with outdoor queues such as Casey Jr and Storybook Land?

So for Matterhorn, no masks at all, not in line or riding, correct? And I’m guessing the same applies to outdoor rides with outdoor queues such as Casey Jr and Storybook Land?
As of today, correct. No masks on any of those rides. In fact today on ROTR, there was no masking signs or reminders from cast until we actually began the ride.
We are a party of 6 and rode storybook land this morning, we were seated with another family of 5 or 6, who were all masked. We agreed that they all looked visibly irritated to have us on their boat, I assume because we did not mask. So for those of you of were happy to have masks back (I know it’s so complicated for most of us) adjust your expectations. From what I’ve heard there’s definitely more masks than a month ago, but it may not be as much as you prefer.

As of today, correct. No masks on any of those rides. In fact today on ROTR, there was no masking signs or reminders from cast until we actually began the ride.
We are a party of 6 and rode storybook land this morning, we were seated with another family of 5 or 6, who were all masked. We agreed that they all looked visibly irritated to have us on their boat, I assume because we did not mask. So for those of you of were happy to have masks back (I know it’s so complicated for most of us) adjust your expectations. From what I’ve heard there’s definitely more masks than a month ago, but it may not be as much as you prefer.
Thanks for the report as we will be there next week. It’s very hard to understand why people like the irritated masked-up family on Storybook choose to visit Disney right now, as constantly getting annoyed at people who are following the rules tends to spoil one’s day.

I think it is unreasonable to get angry at people who are following Disney‘s (and the CDC’s) rules. People who drive 15 mph under the speed limit shouldn’t be angry at people who drive at the speed limit.

Nose out on Pirates? That would make me angry.

Bringing back a mask policy is an easy thing for them to do that doesn't create a loss of funds like physical distancing did. Honestly, no one should be hoping that comes back if you're also missing parades, Fantasmic!, etc. A return to physical distancing would be a nightmare and we'd be saying goodbye to a lot of things we miss returning anytime soon... I don't see that happening unless Disney had no choice.
Masks definitely result in a loss of funds, there are many people who will not visit if masks are required.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter