• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Masks at WDW in 2021

Feels like there is some judgment on here. Sorry that we are bummed out about a rule that pretty much precludes a two year old from visiting a place that is geared towards children. Next time we will plan the births of our children better so that they don’t end up being at a difficult age for mask wearing during a pandemic. 😑

Feels like there is some judgment on here. Sorry that we are bummed out about a rule that pretty much precludes a two year old from visiting a place that is geared towards children. Next time we will plan the births of our children better so that they don’t end up being at a difficult age for mask wearing during a pandemic. 😑
the kids park I work at is also 2 and up for masks. most kids 8 or 9 are bored with the park except for about 3 rides. there is no age limit on older rider for younger kids so usually one would go to be older rider on the kiddie rides

I checked the following family parks in my area of Pa and the following have the 2 and up mask rule, Sesame Place, Dutch Wonderland and Hershey Park. Strasburg Railroad also has 2 and up. only thing I found that does not have the rue is Cherry Crest Adventure Farm. Havent been to any this year yet but I have seen very young kids wearing masks at all and having a great time

I personally hope this is true (and I hope it’s even sooner!). I have a 2 year old also and it’s killing me not to bring her to Disney right now. I think if we were closer to 3 then a mask would be more doable. It just really sucks because this is such a fun age, children are only this age once, and they are still free at WDW!
I know, we were hoping to do a big trip just prior to my daughter's 3rd birthday. Now we might have to shorten it/move it to somewhere else. And we already have 3 days of tickets for the older members of the family. We still have several months, but right now she wants a mask to be like the big kids, and then promptly throws it off 5 minutes later. So I should at least be able to get her from room to pool if I can get some family members to come who don't care about going to the parks. I feel like she is missing so many of the experiences my son had.

I know, we were hoping to do a big trip just prior to my daughter's 3rd birthday. Now we might have to shorten it/move it to somewhere else. And we already have 3 days of tickets for the older members of the family. We still have several months, but right now she wants a mask to be like the big kids, and then promptly throws it off 5 minutes later. So I should at least be able to get her from room to pool if I can get some family members to come who don't care about going to the parks. I feel like she is missing so many of the experiences my son had.
That’s what we are hoping also - a birthday trip in December right before our daughter turns 3. I’d like to take her sooner but I’m not as hopeful about that. So I’m hoping for one of two things - either masks won’t be required in December (maybe only recommended!) OR because she’ll be closer to 3 then maybe she’ll understand keeping a mask on (but definitely NOT my preference).

Most of Europe’s mask requirements start way past 2. The UK is 11 and up and specifically states under 3’s are exempt for health reasons.

I believe masks are necessary right now but the US’s age requirements are crazy. Especially when you consider all the studies that show that young children and even teens are not the ones spreading the virus. I agree, I can’t even get my 2 year old to wear shoes 🤣

Where is “around here”? Because wherever it is is not adhering to CDC guidelines, which is what most large corporations use as a guideline.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/children/protect-children.html

idk where the original poster is from but in WI masks are required for 5 and up. I’m very happy about that. My daughter turns 2 in July and we likely will be cancelling our October disney trip and will do a trip to some place more local. My daughter is stubborn/strong willed and I know she will not wear a mask...heck, we usually fight with her to stop pulling mine and my husbands mask off. Additionally, she has so many other things to learn that I don’t feel she needs to learn how to wear a mask too. I’m very against masks for 2 year olds. I dislike masks in general but it’s the rule so I wear mine. And because it’s the rule, my daughter will sadly miss out on traveling once she turns two. Luckily, she will still get to have experiences locally. I feel bad for those with 2 year olds living in a place where the mask mandate starts at 2.

Most of Europe’s mask requirements start way past 2. The UK is 11 and up and specifically states under 3’s are exempt for health reasons.

I believe masks are necessary right now but the US’s age requirements are crazy. Especially when you consider all the studies that show that young children and even teens are not the ones spreading the virus. I agree, I can’t even get my 2 year old to wear shoes 🤣

Around here schools are know spreaders of the virus. So I'm not sure where you are getting teens are not spreaders. Keeping in mind there is a difference between getting the virus and spreading it.

idk where the original poster is from but in WI masks are required for 5 and up. I’m very happy about that. My daughter turns 2 in July and we likely will be cancelling our October disney trip and will do a trip to some place more local. My daughter is stubborn/strong willed and I know she will not wear a mask...heck, we usually fight with her to stop pulling mine and my husbands mask off. Additionally, she has so many other things to learn that I don’t feel she needs to learn how to wear a mask too. I’m very against masks for 2 year olds. I dislike masks in general but it’s the rule so I wear mine. And because it’s the rule, my daughter will sadly miss out on traveling once she turns two. Luckily, she will still get to have experiences locally. I feel bad for those with 2 year olds living in a place where the mask mandate starts at 2.

I appreciate your situation and definitely empathize with having a strong willed toddler, but having said that I’m happy Disney is following CDC guidelines. The more people masked up the better.

Last edited:
I’ve already written off travel for 2021. It’s just not realistic to plan for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter