Masks and February crowds

For our trip in August I brought a box of Nitrile gloves. Unfortunately, they were the right size so took some fiddling to get on. For our upcoming trip I bought a box of food service gloves. Being plenty big, they are easy to get on and off. You don't need to do anything more fiddly than attaching a seat belt.
One day in August I forgot to add in some extra gloves and I had one pair for the whole day. It was disgusting how much goop had been added to them throughout the day.

Was at Universal Feb 18, A lot of the markers on some of the queues are missing, so Social Distancing is sometimes falls by the wayside. Some People can't understand that Social Distancing does work side to side as well as front to back. On Queues that go back and forth they stand away from the party in front of them but are right next to the party in the queue next to them. Universal needs more monitors for queues like that.

Was at Universal Feb 18, A lot of the markers on some of the queues are missing, so Social Distancing is sometimes falls by the wayside. Some People can't understand that Social Distancing does work side to side as well as front to back. On Queues that go back and forth they stand away from the party in front of them but are right next to the party in the queue next to them. Universal needs more monitors for queues like that.
Oh yeah! I went yesterday and that got on my nerves. They spaced out the markers to make it so you are within six feet of the people next to you as well. But the people behind you think that because they are six feet away from the person in front that it is ok. Not caring that they are not standing on a marker.

To the capacity question, can anyone explain how they are doing it for park hopping once inside the park? So, if we start at one park and take the Hogwarts Express to the other, would we have an issue if the parks are at capacity? Is it total capacity for both parks or does each park have a max capacity?

They keep one capacity total for both. Although if one park is much more crowded than the other, then they will open the 'secret' walkway between the two parks but only in one direction. They won't limit people going either way on the train. With social distancing, the problem with the trains is that only one group can get in each car. So, only a small number can ride each trip. So the wait is long.

We were also there in November and the parks were not too crowded in the mornings and evenings. At that time, PBH was closed which means there were much fewer EPs from the hotels. The park hit capacity a couple times that week. The EP lines were very short. We felt like Universal did a great job with masks and distancing.

PBH was opened up in December and there were more capacity limits hit. I'm not sure if they adjusted the capacity with the additional hotel opening, but my guess is that they did.

We have another trip coming up this week for President's Day weekend and I'm expecting it to be pretty packed. We'll go early in the morning (even though we have EPs from PBH) in case it gets too crowded for us.

Looking at April, it shows both ESS and ESD open, so that is another large resort adding to the mix. If they don't increase the percentage allowed in the parks, then they will likely hit capacity very early every day. CityWalk will definitely be more crowded than Thanksgiving...

How were the crowds on your Presidents Day trip w/EP?

How were the crowds on your Presidents Day trip w/EP?
The EP lines were definitely longer than back at Thanksgiving. The parks were definitely more crowded and did hit capacity one afternoon when we went in. There has been some debate about whether or not onsite guests are guaranteed access. While not definitive, they let us right in once we showed our room keys.

As before, Universal did a great job with mask enforcement and line spacing. If our APs were not expiring at the end of the month, we would definitely have made another trip this year. Spring Break will be the next big test as they will have another hotel open again, so I'm guessing that there will be another increase to park crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter