• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mask Requirement during Photo taking

Finlanda

Earning My Ears
Hello! We ordered a photo package and was wondering if mask be taken off during photo taking at the atrium. We sailed last September and mask can be taken off. We are sailing via Dream next week. Any feedback is much appreciated. Thank you!

On the fantasy now, and masks are required. But I did see they had the formal night photos set up on the deck to avoid the mask issue.

While I'm just a cautious about the Plague as the next person, and I agree with masks for atrium photos, the policy of masks for dinner table photos is just plan dumb.

Think about it - you and your family have been unmasked all meal with your dining team around - that's considered safe. The DCL crew are literally tested daily, so the photographer (who's wearing a mask) is safe. But they insist you put your mask back on for dinner photos. Makes zero sense.

We just got off Fantasy on the 15th and while this was cruise #10 for us, it was the first time we didn't purchase a single photo. We normally buy the photo package. Their loss. (Actually, ours too - we don't get to see them now.)

I just wanted to add it was just so weird during our Fantasy dinners a few weeks ago to have someone come up to the table and politely interrupting to ask if we wanted pictures, then we would have to adjust our seating after digging in our pockets (or where ever a woman with no pocket kept hers) to pose in several configurations and then take off our masks again. It just felt awkward. It felt like you were trying to pose to showcase a mask, like a NYE party hat at midnight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter