Maryland/DC/Va DISers

my DH and I would like to join up for the meet. We love all things DIS and Disney!!!!!:love:

We did Tysons Corner almost 2 yrs ago...(maybe a little more recent)

Maybe you missed that day. Only a few of us showed up.

I wasn't on the Boards 2 years ago, so that would explain why I didn't know about this. I've only been posting here for maybe 18 months.

And 2 years is a long time. The meet in Frederick was last fall (if I remember right), and now the DC meet is about 6-7 months later. How about a VA meet in the late summer or early fall? I would love to get to meet some local DISers, but I keep missing my chances. The Frederick meet was a bit far for me to drive, especially since I would likely have been returning home after dark on some roads I don't know very well, and the day of the DC zoo meet is the same one my son graduates college.

Tysons would have been very do-able for me so its a shame I didn't know about that get-together.

Sorry you are going to miss the meet Tink.

I don't get down to VA too often but my DH and i love to go picnic at Gravely Point. (the park just north of National airport where you can watch the planes land.) We usually do that once or twice a year (Dis dogs could come too) but it's been too cold so far. Hoping for better weather soon.

We also go to the Leesburg area (and over to Sterling for "Wegman's" trip. Their subs are awesome.)

Sorry you are going to miss the meet Tink.

I don't get down to VA too often but my DH and i love to go picnic at Gravely Point. (the park just north of National airport where you can watch the planes land.) We usually do that once or twice a year (Dis dogs could come too) but it's been too cold so far. Hoping for better weather soon.

We also go to the Leesburg area (and over to Sterling for "Wegman's" trip. Their subs are awesome.)

I'm sorry too about missing the zoo meet, but I think my son sort of expects me to show up for his big day. :thumbsup2

I know what you mean about getting to a neighboring State; I don't get to MD very often, myself.

Gravely Point is a lovely place. I haven't been there in a while, but every day when I commute to and from work across 14th Street, I love to watch the planes coming in low over us.

Oh, and Wegman's - what can I say? I go to the one in Fairfax at least once a month. I'm hoping they will have their strawberry/rhubard pies available soon. They are WONDERFUL!

:wave2: Just popping in to say hello to my fellow Maryland/DC/VA folks! I'm new on this board, I live in Hagerstown, MD.

We were thinking of taking the metro into the Zoo b/c we did not want to fight with parking.

But the Vienna - Fairfax station is the orange line and to get to the zoo is the red line.

We don't want to drive to Shady Grove to get on the red line...

Can anyone help he out??????:confused:

And we are still meeting the 19th of May at 10am or 11am??

We were thinking of taking the metro into the Zoo b/c we did not want to fight with parking.

But the Vienna - Fairfax station is the orange line and to get to the zoo is the red line.

We don't want to drive to Shady Grove to get on the red line...

Take Orange Line to Metro Center...

Transfer to outbound red line...

Woodley Park-Zoo Adams Morgan is three stops north...

Hi there!
I am in the North end! :cheer2:

Are you familiar with H-Town?

Very, my mom was from Hagerstown, I worked at Citicorp for a little bit before getting married and moved to VA....still have family scattered in the area. I love shopping at the VAlley Mall!!
Went to college at Shepherd College, b4 it became a university.....
Take Orange Line to Metro Center...

Transfer to outbound red line...

Woodley Park-Zoo Adams Morgan is three stops north...

Thank you,

Do I purchase a "card" and put money on it or do I need to carry cash with me to purchase the second ticket to get on the red line??

Do I purchase a "card" and put money on it or do I need to carry cash with me to purchase the second ticket to get on the red line??

I have never "switched" between lines before myself but.....

I would assume you swipe card when you get on in VA and then you don't swipe again until you get off at Woodley Park...

I think the fare system knows you transferred and calculates accordingly...

I used the metro fare calculator and it says you will be paying $2.35 each way. (reduced fare for weekend) and it should take 42 minutes.

You can buy a card for the full round trip fare at start of your trip or add to existing card.

But if you are stopping other places on the way back you may want to pay for an unlimited day pass for $6.50.

Very, my mom was from Hagerstown, I worked at Citicorp for a little bit before getting married and moved to VA....still have family scattered in the area. I love shopping at the VAlley Mall!!
Went to college at Shepherd College, b4 it became a university.....

Thank you,

check the board at the station and it will tell you how much your fee will be. Then either buy a ticket for that amount or buy double that to include your return trip. Then all you do is swipe it on your way in and again on your way out. You won't need to swipe to change lines. You should not need to pay for parking on a weekend, but I would recommend checking.

I just found this thread. I live in northeastern Maryland in Cecil County. But my 2 kids are both at University of Maryland at College Park, so I know the area. Unfortunately I will be in CT on that weekend. Someday I will make a meet.

IS everything still a GO for next Saturday??

Can I have a roll call please??!!

We are still planning to attend if the weather is nice. I may be bringing another family or two with us as well.

See you at 11am!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter