Maryland/DC/Va DISers

How about meeting at the food court area across from the panda bears? This is called Panda Pavilion and is centrally located in the zoo, between parking lots A and B. This has lots of picnic tables, is a large contained area and has a small play area for kids to run around. Restrooms are also close by.

I say we meet at the BOTTOM, near the lion/tiger hill actually. There is a ton of parking down there for one thing. Up at the top, near the Panda's there isn't much at all. Many of us might end up near that bottom area, and it would suck to have to walk all the way up that blasted hill to meet everyone, just to have to walk back down again. At least down at the bottom...which I call the Main Entrance..since it has the sign and all, we will all walk up, then by the end when we are dead tired, we just have to walk down the hill to our cars!

Parking Lot C, for those that aren't familier, is NOT a good parking lot at all!!! It is on the other side of the busy road and then you walk up so super steep steps to get into the zoo.

JDFan, when are you in Disney? Looks like we are there the same dates. We get there May 5th, home on the 12th. Staying at OKW!

Doesn't matter where we meet but these were my thoughts:

The panda pavilion is much closer to the new asia trail. I HIGHLY recommend hitting the Asia Trail first thing as this gets more crowded (since it is new) and the animals will be more active in the morning than in the afternoon.

If you wait to meet everyone at the bottom and work your way up the trail, you won't get to it until late morning or afternoon. Also for those who can't walk right up the entire hill, the panda pavilion is a 1/2 way point, so you aren't walking up the entire hill at once, like you would if you meet at the bottom and go straight to the asia trail.

I've never had a problem with parking on a weekday (maybe a Friday and definitely a weekend) but since we are talking about a Monday, I don't foresee parking to be a problem. Schools are still in session and most people are waiting until later to vacation in DC.

Ok, 'nuf said. You heard my reasons.

MHO.

OH, I thought we were meeting on a Saturday!?

And if we pick the opening time or slightly before, parking at that top (Panda house) won't be much of an issue. But anything after that and we will be spread all over the place. Having to park at the bottom...Lions/Tigers, and having to walk passed half the park just to get the meeting place won't be fun.

Ooops!! I accidentally had my 2008 calendar open.

Yep, May 19th is a Saturday!

Thanks MemoryMakre!

Hours for May 19th

Grounds open at 6am and close at 8pm

Buildings open at 10am and close at 6pm (last admission is 5:45pm)

What time should we meet? 9:45am?

Does that give enough time for those coming from southern VA, Northern MD, and WV?

Ooops!! I accidentally had my 2008 calendar open.

Yep, May 19th is a Saturday!

Thanks MemoryMakre!

OK good! I was worried you all had talked about this elsewhere and thought about doing it on a Monday. I wouldn't be able to do a Monday!

So, how does Saturday the 19th work for everyone??

Yay!! DISers in my area!!! Woo hooo!! :yay:

I'd love to meet up at the zoo, if it's on a Saturday. :flower3:

I'm in I'm in....The Panda food court is good because it's hard to get lost. If we get there nice and early, we should get good parking

We could just meet at say, 11:00am at the Food Area, and actually get lunch and do the meet there. That way everyone can arrive when they want, etc and not be stressed about traffic, where they are parked.

Hello all you local people. :) I'm not sure about the 19th...I want to bring my 7yo since he's been begging to go to the zoo , but he has a baseball game that day. Either he can skip his game or I can come without him. :)

Hello all you local people. :) I'm not sure about the 19th...I want to bring my 7yo since he's been begging to go to the zoo , but he has a baseball game that day. Either he can skip his game or I can come without him. :)

Think of it this way -- there will always be another baseball game, right??

:lmao: :rotfl2:

That way everyone can arrive when they want, etc and not be stressed about traffic, where they are parked.

Meeting for lunch is great! I prob won't end up eating until closer to noon but we can arrive earlier to stake out seats and chat!

So did you still want to meet at the panda area or down by the tigers, since we are talking a lunchtime meet? I think the panda one would be more centrally located but the tiger one also puts you in a great area for the kid farm (which my DD loves).

I go to the Zoo once a week or once every other week... Never on the weekend, but USUALLY you can't really choose where you park...Just depends on lot availability. I don't care where we meet- I could use the exercise :goodvibes Panda Pavilion is fine by me...free snacks!!!:thumbsup2

Think of it this way -- there will always be another baseball game, right??

:lmao: :rotfl2:
Yep, except he'll miss the week before since we'll be in Maine. We've started our busy time of the year. :rotfl:

Meeting for lunch is great! I prob won't end up eating until closer to noon but we can arrive earlier to stake out seats and chat!

So did you still want to meet at the panda area or down by the tigers, since we are talking a lunchtime meet? I think the panda one would be more centrally located but the tiger one also puts you in a great area for the kid farm (which my DD loves).

Oh, the Panda area is absolutely the best area I agree! I am just lazy about that place and hate when I get stuck parking at the bottom and have to hoof it to the top to meet someone...done that before!

And I said 11, just to give us lots of time for everyone to arrive, get the tables secured, etc. I think by the time we finally get to the food, it will be close to noon!

So, May 19th, 11:00am at the Panda food area??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter