Marvelous May 2021 Exercise Thread

It's amazing how the garden gets so much of my time these days! Adding 120 minutes over the last few days - lots of hauling and digging.
@ljcrochet, hoping this finds you feeling well. You were in my thoughts Thursday.
@Raya - we all need a little Captain America!

(390/700)
I feel you on the yard work. We've been working a lot in the backyard this week. The crazy cold temps and snow in Feb killed every single azalea in the front and back yards (and we had a lot), all but one loropetalum, a plum tree, a lilac, most of my comfrey, and a peony. It also greatly damaged a huge American beauty berry, our very mature chaste tree, a crepe and three magnolias. So we've completely redone one section in the backyard, cleaned up the rest, removed all the dead plants, pruned the ones we're hoping to save, and will start working on the front yard soon. On a positive note, I LOVE my new courtyard section in the backyard featuring limelight hydrangeas, autumn empress azaleas, spiderwort, autumn ferns, blackberries, and previously existing affected magnolias, raspberries (which somehow look better than ever), a young lilac that survived, and helebore. We also planted some oak leaf hydrangeas and a burning bush on the outer fringes of the courtyard. It looks great, and once everything starts blooming, I plan to take pics so I can share our (okay, mostly dh's) hard work. In the meantime, here's a teaser revealing how our cat helped . . .

She loves the outdoors more than food and she loves food a whole lot, but she is never allowed outside without us and, even then, only in our backyard (it's very secure all around, and she is too fat to climb) so she was having a grand time. She will be very sad when we do the front yard and she has to watch through the window.

May 11th -- 60
May 12 -- 26

Total -- 689/1800

It has been a rough week. I have not wanted to get on the treadmill in the afternoon. It will be nice this weekend so I am hoping to go for a bike ride or two but we will see. Kids are getting the first dose of the vaccine tonight so we will have to see how they are doing.
Sorry you had a rough week and hope the kids did well with the vaccine.

I did, and I'm sooooo excited!!! First up will be taking my 7 yr. old granddaughter to see The Lion King. I'm hoping she will be able to get the vaccine before we go. Then, we'll have to decide what the adults want to see. There are a few new shows coming . Life is resuming, slowly but surely! I actually sat at a bar this weekend :cool1:

60 minutes in the garden today, planting and transplanting. My daughter-in-law has been a great help - she's weeded most of it for me, but I still like getting my hands in the dirt! We had a wonderful show of pink - the cherry trees, lilacs, redbud, and dogwoods all in bloom simultaneously - it was breathtaking this year! The peonies and irises are next - I counted 75 iris stalks, so far!

270/700
Sounds like you have some fun planned! We are supposed to see The Lion King this year, too, as long as traveling companies resume work. Fingers crossed for sure! The Lion King was the first show our daughter ever saw. She fell asleep part way through, but she was very young. I'm sure she will be able to stay awake this time. : )

Also, that's a lot of irises! Your yard sounds gorgeous.

Thanks for asking. I'm doing OK. DH is mostly OK - some days are rougher than others. DS was hit hard by it himself, but is still trying to be there for his cousin. (They are both only children, so have always been close.)

DH's uncle sent us a yellow rose to plant in BIL's memory, and the cat checks on it every day:

View attachment 574513

Very thoughtful of your DH's uncle to send the rose. What a lovely gesture! Also, I want to reach through the screen and pet that precious cat!

I caught a bit of that lazy-butt disease that's going around this weekend. But then, when I really think about, my lazy May weekend is miles more active than my most active January weekend so....

Friday, afternoon walk 41 minutes, evening, 42 minutes
Saturday, walk to pizza planet, played arcade games, 63 minutes total (the walk there and the walk back, not counting the pinball.)
Sunday, 35 minutes
Today, 35 minutes so far..... I have another 4,000 steps to get in, but I also need a real workout. We'll see what happens.

657/550

Congrats to all our heroes that leveled up to purple today! I had a request for Captain America, but for now I'm going to focus on Hawkeye purple. Why? Because Hawkeye is awesome.

If you seen the Avengers movie you probably know Hawkeye as the archer. But you probably don't know that he's partially deaf, one of the few superheros to have a progressive disability. When you're reading his comics the last few words of people's speech bubbles tend to get smaller or turn into a a wavy line instead of letters. It's a neat way to think about hearing loss. In addition, Hawkeye has functional depression. So he can get up and go to work (as a hero) but at home he's kind of a mess.

tumblr_o9nv4h4Eiw1rysbfio1_400.png

So in honor of Hawkeye take some time to make whatever stuff or mess you've got work out!

Oh and in case you missed it, there are actually two super heroes named Hawkeye. In the comics this is Clint Barton - single, no family, ex-military, no super powers just a lot of practice - and Kate Bishop, also single, from a wealthy family, fashion design background, and no super powers. So no matter which Hawkeye you follow, they're both doing the work of a hero while being an ordinary person. :)

(pic is of Hawkeye-Clint and Hawkeye-Kate training together.)

hawkeyes-feat.jpg

Sorry you had a rough week and hope the kids did well with the vaccine.

It was rough as in I wanted to be lazy and not doing anything. I should have specified that. Kids did really well. DS had nothing but a sore arm. Even did weight training for soccer on Friday. DD came home from school on Friday but only because she was tired. She did also have a sore arm. We are still keeping an eye on them as DH (also got Pfizer) had a delayed reaction with both shots. He got a fever 1.5 to 2 weeks after each shot.

I am still fighting to get my time in. There is nothing stopping me other then being lazy. I have at least gotten 60 minutes a day though. Saturday DS started back at Karate. We are not allowed in to watch any longer so my friend (her son takes the class too) and I walked outside for the hour. It was so nice. The weather finally turned from winter, to a few days of spring to now summer. We are getting 80 degrees this week. I am so glad to be rid of the 30 degrees we have been having.

May 13 -- 71
May 14 -- 66
May 15 -- 115
May 16 -- 61
May 17 -- 63

Total -- 1065/1800

Happy Wednesday! Any advice on time management to get your exercise in? My new goal is 10,000 steps a day and a 30 minute workout. For me the 10,000 steps works out to two 40 minute walks, so that's a total of two hours (roughly) each day for exercise. I'm not sure where I have that much time in my life.... but I need a few inches to come off to fit into Space Moutain post Covid.... so it's got to happen. :rotfl:

Monday afternoon, 46 minutes
Tuesday, 36 minutes

739/550

Greetings, Heroes!
We have three new purple people today ~ Piglet, State fan, and Sophy. (Sophy is almost to pink y'all, 73%)

So I'm going to stick with purple and share some more Hawkeye wisdom.

6456625385939fbc1c182a8e8c636bea.jpg

(The quote is "Listen, I don't want to get all life-coach on you but, you're gonna miss each and every shot you can't be bothered to take. That's not living life, that's just being a tourist. Take every shot, if it's worth caring about, no matter how impossible you think it is... you take the shot.")

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter