Marvelous May 2021 Exercise Thread

I’m going to try for 300 minutes this month. I stopped working out regularly when I was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer but I’m not letting chemo kick my butt.

30 minutes so far this month

Oh my goodness, @ljcrochet, so sorry to hear that news. Sending you the very best wishes for your treatments!
Echoing sophy1996's sentiments. And, I'm glad you're here with us so we can cheer you on as you kick chemo and cancer's butts instead.

I am back. I am sorry I flaked out in April. It ended up being a rough month. Other then the 1st. I have started off strong. I am going to do 1800 minutes this month. I have a Mother's day 5k this weekend that my mom and I are going to do together. DH has been pushing me so far this month. He has been a great motivator for me. I have been going for a walk outside on my lunch with him. Our days are numbered with this as I am starting to go back in the office. I am going to miss this. Then I have been getting on the treadmill after work.

May 1 -- 0
May 2 -- 101
May 3 -- 69
May 4 -- 103

Total -- 273/1800

I’m going to try for 300 minutes this month. I stopped working out regularly when I was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer but I’m not letting chemo kick my butt.

Wow! I hate to hear that, but big ups to you for staying motivated! You got this!!

I'll be joining in this month as well with 750 minutes. So far I only have 40, but it's a start!

40/750

First timer here. I am eager to get in better shape, so I am in for 900 minutes. May is my birthday month making it a great time to join.
:welcome:

Good for you! 🙏

Welcome to our new heros: ljcrochet, EmilyGahr, Elizabeth Smith, and piglet1979!!!

The first page has been updated with everyone's totals. Here's today's inspiration from Ms. Marvel. "Good is not a thing you are, it's a thing you do."

dcba8121bfcdd58addc07e87a177b164.jpg

Good morning, everyone! Adding in 37 minutes. I'm now walking 1.5 miles a day to get Disney-ready. Has anyone ever tracked how much they walk in a day at the parks? Maybe we've got someone at the parks who's tracking? I'm wondering how I need to take this! :rotfl:

It has been awhile since we have been in the parks but we usually do about 20,000 steps a day. Some days are a bit less (usually our resort day) and some are a bit more.

Went for a walk at lunch with DH yesterday. I love these. On that walk we decided I am going to get a new car. Yay!!!!! We are looking this weekend. This is one reason why I am going to miss these. After DD's riding lesson I got on the treadmill and watched the 4th episode of Handmaid's Tale (the new season). I got on at about 8pm last night but I got it done.

May 5th -- 81

Total -- 354/1800

Welcome to the new folks, and huge hugs @ljcrochet - you're strong, and we've got your back!

I haven't been getting on here to post, but I have managed a few minutes most days this week (treadmill and desk cycle, mostly; Thursday was yoga with the kids).

Sun, 5/2 -15
Tues, 5/4 - 25
Wed, 5/5 - 10
Thu, 5/6 - 20
Fri, 5/7 - 20

573772 110/500

We're back from our trip. I lost track of minutes so I'm just going to conservatively say 100 minutes every day we were in the parks, Tuesday through Friday. We were at the Swan and walked to and from DHS and Epcot quite a few times. And with no trams, those hikes from the parking lots into MK and AK added 10-15 minutes each way!

770/1400

Good morning, everyone! Adding in 37 minutes. I'm now walking 1.5 miles a day to get Disney-ready. Has anyone ever tracked how much they walk in a day at the parks? Maybe we've got someone at the parks who's tracking? I'm wondering how I need to take this! :rotfl:

I guess it depends on how you tour. Here's a list of estimated walking distances within WDW. And if you'll be driving to parks anytime soon, remember that the trams aren't running in the parking lots. (We generally use Disney transport, but this time, with the pandemic, we drove to MK and AK.)

We were park hopping, usually starting with a walk from Swan to DHS (.75 miles), then walking around DHS (at least a mile), then a walk back (.75 miles). One day we then went to Epcot for the evening, walking over (.5 miles), walking around World Showcase (1.2 miles), then walking back to Swan (.5 miles). So that day was at least 4.7 miles. On another day, we didn't walk all around the World Showcase, but we walked from IG to the front entrance to ride Spaceship Earth, and that walk round-trip was approximately 1.4 miles just within the park (not counting side trips into the Seas, the Land, and Imagination pavilions).

Another day was walking to DHS (.75 miles), walking around DHS (1 mile), boat back to Swan. Then back to DHS in the car to make our Rise of the Resistance boarding group (1 mile walking through parking lot, through the park to Rise, then back to the car). Then off to the MK (.5 miles through parking lot and TTC), around MK (@1.5 miles), back to front gate from TTA and Buzz (.4 miles), then back through TTC and parking lot (.5 miles). So that day was probably over 5 miles--even though we took the boat back to Swan one way.

We usually take midday breaks (it was so HOT) and I changed pairs of shoes during those breaks to help my poor feet.

Adding my well wishes to you, ljcrochet. We'll be here to cheer you on.

:welcome:to all our newcomers! Great to see our group growing!

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms!💐

Adding 60 minutes for last week. The rainy weather kept me from any good walks, but, oh the garden made up for it.
210/700

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!