• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marriott Courtyard Lake Buena Vista Deal

LOL I didn't even notice a second pool!! It is a strange set up.
I didn't notice the balloon guy on Monday either, so I'm wondering if he's only there on the weekends.

I actually liked the setup of the other kind of suite better. But, the kitchenette is nice, if you are there for a longer period of time.

We had made a reservation for 3/17 for 6 nights in one of the suites for $79 a night. I am going to cancel it because we decided to stay onsite. (Although from the reviews i am kind of wishing we would have stuck with the original plan, it sounds really nice...)
Does anyone want this at this price? I dont even know if i could transfer it to someone else. Just thought i would offer since it was such a good deal. :cool1:
Cheryl

Cant wait to get to disney, we arent telling our kids until we get there =) only 15 more days to go :banana:

Just returned from our non-Disney trip to Orlando,Tampa and Ft.Myers. (Actually we did visit DTD for dinner twice.) We were lucky enough to be able to take advantage of this deal. We had a suite with a connecting room for my mom. It worked out just great. I was extremely happy with the hotel even though I've become quite an on-site snob. The rate couldn't be beat and the breakfast was an extra bonus. Believe me, I had looked long and hard for a good deal since this was a rather spur of the moment vacation. I hope everyone enjoys there stay as much as we did. By the way, our bedroom had been renovated and the draperies in the living area looked new although the furniture looked slightly dated. There was plenty of room for a roll-away in the living area, so that space would probably accomodate 3 smallish kids. Please ask any questions...I'll be happy to respond.

Hi DisDee!! Thanks for letting us know about the Courtyard. Did you have a king suite or the double/double? Was it clean? We are staying there for 8 days in April and I bug EVERYONE who has stayed there to tell me everything. I still have not cancelled my POR reservation because I am so anxious about staying offsite for such a long period of time. So ANYTHING you can think of post away... Thanks! :sunny:

Cherlynn25 said:
We had made a reservation for 3/17 for 6 nights in one of the suites for $79 a night. I am going to cancel it because we decided to stay onsite. (Although from the reviews i am kind of wishing we would have stuck with the original plan, it sounds really nice...)
Does anyone want this at this price? I dont even know if i could transfer it to someone else. Just thought i would offer since it was such a good deal. :cool1:
Cheryl

Cant wait to get to disney, we arent telling our kids until we get there =) only 15 more days to go :banana:
I will be cancelling mine too. I made the reservation because I could not get a room at the Shades of Green at first. I was able to get one on Friday so I will be cancelling this one. I'm just holding onto it until I get my confirmation from Shades of Green. This is still a great deal especially with the breakfast.

DisDee said:
Just returned from our non-Disney trip to Orlando,Tampa and Ft.Myers. .

OT, how was Ft. Myers? What did you do there?

littleshamrock said:
I can't BELIEVE I missed this one!! I check these boards daily, too...Awesome find!!
Try going through Marriott's website to make the ressie. Under corporate code (or whatever the box where you type in discount codes is called) type "TZO" (no quote marks). I did this last night to make ressies for 3/17 through 3/19 (because our plans had suddenly changed) and was able to get the deal.

If anyone needs a room for 3/24, I didn't check to see if any were available, but we are going to cancel ours later today.

What time do they start serving breakfast? I'd like to go to Animal Kingdom on 3/18 and they open at 8 that morning so the earlier, the better!

On a side note: I'm not a majorly huge planner, but I do like to schedule ADRs and know what parks we're going to each day. Finding out last night that we'll be visiting DH's grandparents in Boynton Beach the weekend after the Disney portion of our vacation instead of the weekend before is really throwing me for a loop!

Our family stayed at the Courtyard last week, Tuesday through Saturday. We really enjoyed it. As I think someone else reported, the suites are in the rear of the hotel, with outside corridors that overlook the second pool. We were right next to the elevator, on the third floor, which was very convenient and not at all noisy. We never heard our neighbors or corridor traffic. The management told us that all of the rooms were now renovated. Everything appeared new (or reupholstered) in our suite, including the carpet (which usually grosses me out in many hotels). The living room area was much larger than Buena Vista Suites, where we last stayed, but the bedroom area was slightly smaller. There is not much dresser space (small 3 drawer dresser in living room and same in bedroom). We had two double beds. Everything was clean (although I always lysol and wipe anyway).

The breakfast was very good (especially for free!). Like some others who have written in, we were given complimentary breakfast for 2 adults and 2 children, even though the travelzoo ad said only adults would eat free. Breakfast is available from 6:00 a.m. and was not very crowded before 8:00 a.m. We only saw the magician on our last day, Saturday. The waitress also gave the kids tokens for the arcade, which was sweet. One day only I made it to breakfast and took back cereal and milk for the kids (waiter said it was ok, since I had comp. meals).

Lots of places to eat around the area. It was a relatively short drive to the parks, although we went through the downtown Disney area, which took some time if you hit the red lights.

The only problem we had was with the maid service. They didn't come the first day and came very late the third day (during the kids' nap time--after 3 pm). I never got the trashcan I asked for, only receiving lots of small plastic bags. We really didn't care, though, as long as we got our clean towels. When I called to remind them that they had forgotten us that first day, the next day they left cookies and chocolates. I don't know if everyone got them, or it was a treat for missing the service. Anyway, nice touch!

Bottom line, we would definitely stay here again. Especially at that rate!!

Question for those that stayed in/saw a suite, is there a rack or closet to hang your clothing in as well as the small dressers? Thanks!

Emme said:
Question for those that stayed in/saw a suite, is there a rack or closet to hang your clothing in as well as the small dressers? Thanks!

Yes, I recall at least one of the suites having a closet.
I don't think all the suites are in the same area, because I saw two, and they were in competely different areas. The king suite I saw was right across from my room, and it had an inside corridor to it.

There was a very small closet in our suite, right next to the window. The closet door (mirrored) opened in toward the TV, which made it alittle difficult for us to use (Pack n Play in the way). It contained a safe and a full-size ironing board.

The map I have of the hotel, that they gave us to park, makes it look like all of the suites are around the second pool....so, outside corridors. But, I didn't ask or look around, so I don't know for sure. We stayed in the two double bed suite, not the king suite.

I also said the breakfast buffet started at 6:00, but it's actually 6:30 am (sorry). According to this hotel info sheet, it goes until 11:00 am.

There was also alot of room, at least compared to where we last stayed, to store food and stuff in the kitchenette. There were full size kitchen cabinets above the counters and below. The fridge was very cold (some waters on our top shelf froze). We don't do coffee, so I can't comment on the pot, other than say that there was one.

I'm here now and am in a room with 2 doubles. Lovely large picture window with balcony overlooking pool. Carpet is forest green with golden and red medallions,similar to a diamond shaped flower. Fridges are free by request
when available. Free cookies in the lobby at check in--peanut, chocolate chip and
oatmeal raisin. Nice business center (3 computers) and free use
of printer.

I stayed at several Marriott properties this year on business and this
is definitely one of the best maintained.

OK It's me again! I keep thinking up these questions (No, I really don't have too much time on my hands :rolleyes: )... Do any of the suite rooms have balconies or patios that anyone has seen, or is it just the regular rooms with the patios and balconies? I will be calling a couple of days in advance to make some requests, don't know if they will honor them, but it's worth a try. I would love a unit with a balcony or a patio, that would be really GREAT :wave2:

Both suites that I had seen were on the first floor, so no balcony.
I can't imagine they are all on the first floor.

ksoehrlein said:
Try going through Marriott's website to make the ressie. Under corporate code (or whatever the box where you type in discount codes is called) type "TZO" (no quote marks). I did this last night to make ressies for 3/17 through 3/19 (because our plans had suddenly changed) and was able to get the deal.

If anyone needs a room for 3/24, I didn't check to see if any were available, but we are going to cancel ours later today.

it still works! I just modified my reservation to go along with the Ding fare I just got.... :teeth:

Hello! We just checked in for a one nights stay with the travelzoo special. I'm using the free internet access computer right now. We have a suite on the 2nd floor. No balcony. The room looks nice and it's a great deal for the price. Our room is near a pool. It's small but adequate. So far, it appears to be in a very quiet area. This place is hopping. It's sold out. The staff so far has been very friendly. Looking forward to trying the free breakfast buffett in the morning. Well, off the check out the arcade. There's an air hockey table plus a decent amount of arcade games. Oh - there is a decent sized safe (key entry) in the master bedroom closet - in case anyone is interested.

We stayed there last Friday night. We were in late and out after breakfast, but it was perfect for our needs. The clerk only gave us a breakfast voucher for the two adults at check-in, even though I ask about the kids, but the waiter changed it at breakfast, so they were free also.

The place seemed pretty full as parking was at a premium. Lots of noise from other rooms as we went by, even though it was nearly midnight. Pretty quiet once we got into our room. We had a nice balcony overlooking the pool for having our coffee.

The beds were the new Marriott hard beds that I like once I get used to them, but they hurt my back the first night. The pillows were the new feather ones that I DON'T like. Glad I had my own along.

This was a good deal for our one night. Thanks DISsers.

Sheila

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter