Marriott Courtyard Lake Buena Vista Deal

I'm staying here in August, we've booked a suite. Just wondering is it walking distance to Downtown Disney? And are there shuttles to WDW? What are they like?

No it is not walking distance to DTD. It is on Palm Parkway which is off of Hotel Blvd. where DD is. There are shuttles I know from their website, anyone tried them?

Just a hint. I just booked for a few days in April using the TZO code on the Marriott websitel... (wonder how long we can get away with this!)

Spent one night at Courtyard last weekend. We stayed in a suite on the front of the building. I noticed the room next to ours had a balcony which overlooked the parking lot but our room had no balcony. Our room did not have an interior corridor but there are security doors at all the exterior entries into this area of the building.

Worth the $79- staff was friendly, building and rooms clean, good location and breakfast was good. BTW if no one mentioned it before the cost of the buffet breakfast if you paid for it was around $9/pp according to the menu, so I felt like two complimentary breakfasts with the reduced room rate made a good deal a great deal. Small attractive bar area off lobby with two large flat screen TVs. Complimentary coffee in front of restaurant entry.

We requested extra blankets after we checked-in, within a few minutes had the blankets and they were more like comforters, not the thin blankets you usually get. Nice.

From reading the other posts at least now I know why all the kids were walking around with balloons.

Phrank

The clerk only gave us a breakfast voucher for the two adults at check-in, even though I ask about the kids, but the waiter changed it at breakfast, so they were free also.

We were there last Friday also. Upon check-in we got free buffet voucher for the 2 adults and the guy behind the counter informed us that our son could get the buffet for half price. That is exactly what my online reservation stated.

Wow we should have had a DIS meet last Friday - I was there too!! I didnt use my meal vouchers except for one morning so I handed them to a guy as I left for the airport yesterday and told him to share the wealth with some other guests (I had 4 vouchers good for 2 adult meals each).

I have a room booked now for the week before Easter with the same rate in case I can afford to take the kids down for a few days. Shhhh...

Overall I was THRILLED with the hotel, the rate and the breakfast. The staff was suberb - even had turndown service every nite. I also liked that I could still earn my Marriott Rewards points (I'm a points hog) at this great rate.

The hotel also has a reception on Wednesday nites with pizza and appetizers - FREE.

ClarabelleCowFan said:
Overall I was THRILLED with the hotel, the rate and the breakfast. The staff was suberb - even had turndown service every nite. I also liked that I could still earn my Marriott Rewards points (I'm a points hog) at this great rate.

The hotel also has a reception on Wednesday nites with pizza and appetizers - FREE.

Yes, I was excited about earning reward points too!
Cool about the Wednesday night treats!

ClarabelleCowFan said:
Wow we should have had a DIS meet last Friday - I was there too!! I didnt use my meal vouchers except for one morning so I handed them to a guy as I left for the airport yesterday and told him to share the wealth with some other guests (I had 4 vouchers good for 2 adult meals each).

I have a room booked now for the week before Easter with the same rate in case I can afford to take the kids down for a few days. Shhhh...

Hey we will be there the week before Easter too. We are checking in the 6-13. Let us know if you are going, would love to wave and say "Hi :wave2: " Did you have to request turndown service or did they just do it?
Two weeks to go... :cheer2:

Hey there--

I couldn't book a moderate today using my AP pass for a post-DVC stay in May. Would like to stay here (Courtyard) at a great rate if possible instead. Can someone bring me up to speed as far as the code goes and how I book it? Has anyone successfully booked it recently?

TIA!!!

Emme said:
Hey we will be there the week before Easter too. We are checking in the 6-13. Let us know if you are going, would love to wave and say "Hi :wave2: " Did you have to request turndown service or did they just do it?
Two weeks to go... :cheer2:

I'll let you know. I am hoping we can pull it off financially. Cross your fingers for us!!

The turndown service was automatic. Each nite the bed was turned down and there was a Ghiradelli chocolate on the nightstand. The TV was on each nite too though which I never understood.

It may just be standard operating procedure but anybody else get the email with request to take part in survey on how their stay was at this Courtyard? Between the room rate, the service, free breakfast and survey seems like someone is working very hard to make this Courtyard a quality establishment. Tip of the hat to them for the effort.

Phrank

Someone mentioned that you can request a fridge and they are free as long as they are available. Is this true? I rented a standard room and was planning on stopping to get a foam cooler. A fridge would be great! Anyone know?

I cancelled my reservations here in order to get the MYW package w/dining at POP Century. I"m glad all of you liked the hotel. Maybe we'll book it next time!

pilgrimage said:
I'm here now and am in a room with 2 doubles. Lovely large picture window with balcony overlooking pool. Carpet is forest green with golden and red medallions,similar to a diamond shaped flower. Fridges are free by request
when available. Free cookies in the lobby at check in--peanut, chocolate chip and
oatmeal raisin. Nice business center (3 computers) and free use
of printer.

I stayed at several Marriott properties this year on business and this
is definitely one of the best maintained.

Can you really get a frdige for free, beats getting a foam cooler

We just got back from a very pleasant stay at the Courtyard. They accepted the Travelzoo deal although technically it wasn't suppose to last until late April. No fuss at all. In fact, they automatically said, "you have the travelzoo deal, so here are your meal vouchers that are included."

When we had originally booked, it said it was only smoking rooms only but I put a comment in requesting a non-smoking room if possible and they did indeed place us in a non-smoking room. :)

Buffet was okay..just be careful of the scrambled eggs...they are very overcooked. But it had a nice selection of cereals, breads, breakfast meats, etc. They even had a mickey waffle maker. And on Sunday, there was a hobo clown entertaining the kids with magic tricks and balloons.

One side note, we used the complimentary bus to the parks and we noticed the time schedule the hotel provided was a little different than the one the bus driver handed us. Doublecheck the time if you are using the bus. Took us no time to get TO the parks but because it makes a lot of hotel stops on the way back, it took FOREVER to get back to the hotel. Close to 45 mins to get back when we returned from Epcot.

Oh and for those who need the internet, there is a computer in the lobby that anyone can use for free. We found it available quite frequently.

Hope you have fun staying here! We liked it and it was very convenient to get to some stores since Cici's Pizza, Crab House etc were all across the street!

How did you request a special room? I booked through hotels.com so i dont have a reservation number yet with the marriott. Can i call before i get there and request a special room? What part of the resort should i ask for?

I booked the travelzoo rate directly through the marriot site so there was a section for "requests" and I put down there "if possible, we'd appreciate a non-smoking room." And that was it.

We stayed on the 2nd floor, facing the front. Although it was where cars were parked and where the bus stopped, it wasn't that noisy.

I'm very glad to have read this thread on the Marriott Courtyard LBV. We booked our flight/hotel package from Seattle via Expedia and it was a deal I COULD NOT pass up. It amounted to $426.30 USD per person for me, my wife and my 17-year old daughter for a 7-night stay! My local travel agent could not even match this with just the FLIGHT alone!

It is our first time at WDW, but we were on a budget and quite frankly were looking for a good, clean and safe place to stay. Believe it or not this is a 3-Star rated hotel by Expedia, which compares quite favorably to other much larger hotels.

We would have loved to stay on site, but even to stay at Disney Pop Century would have cost about $700 more, which we would rather gladly spend on souvenirs and fine dining :thumbsup2

My only worry is the transportation to and from the different theme parks. I read in the Expedia reviews that a cab ride between hotel and the various parks is a flat $20, no matter how close they are. Can someone confirm this?

Thanks again for a wonderful thread...and we all hope you enjoy your stays at the Courtyard :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter