March Trip Thread

I have to appoligize that this trip report is a mess. I am used to a desktop and I am using my DHs iPad. :sad2:. Still learning.

Left FW Wednesday morning, March 15 at 7:30am and arrived home just before midnight on Thursday, March 16. We were lucky that both the weather and traffic cooperated. This trip was different in that we enjoyed having our DD22 spend a week with us. Each day that she was here we visited a park, she had a six day, one park/day pass. DH and I have annual passes so it was different not to spend time in different parks on the same day.
Fortunately, the parks were not as busy during the time she was with us and she was able to experience all the attractions that she wanted. We were up early each morning and were aided by the early delivery truck that restocks the Meadow Trading Post (our only complaint with Site 1001). Our only Disney dining was at Tusker House for which we purchased the Rivers of Light package. I highly recommend the show.
Next year we have only two trips planned to WDW, one in October and the other in January. In the meantime I will have to get my Disney fix through trip reports from fellow Disers.

Glad to hear you made it home, Boomer1. I hope that you and DH have a successful growing season this year. I have a reservation planned for October too, during Halloween week. I don't know yet if I'll keep it but maybe I'll say hello again.

Okay Terri. The baton has passed to you. Have some fun please and share a little with us at home reading along. :surfweb:

Bama Ed

Just got back home to Houston yesterday. I'll post more details later, but here are some important notes.

- Silver (my truck) and Lady Bird (our camper) performed flawlessly. 0 issues. I set cruise at 69mph and averaged 10.3 mpg going and 9.3 mpg coming back.
- Got site 625. Awesome site. I believe it was 80+ feet long and private. Great location with a nice view of the kayakers in the swamp/canal area. Favorite site we've had at the Fort. The picture below shows how much room.
- This is the first trip we all got sick with the stomach flu. It ran through the family like the plague. Charlotte got sick shortly after leaving Chef Mickey's on Sun. and was down for the rest of the night and all day Monday. DH started feeling it Mon. and was down all day Tuesday. I started feeling it Tuesday and was down Wednesday and part of Thurs. Caroline got it Wednesday and just started feeling better Saturday. It pretty much ruined any park trips, so we mostly hung out at the campsite.
- Left the Fort friday morning. Just before we left, a couple of motorhomes left the loop and one forgot their awning. They lost it before the bus stop. Terrible noise. It was still dark.
- We really liked GSP and the vibe of that entire area. Stayed in site 105. Going to have to figure a way to get back down this summer.

fort.jpg

We did some looping this morning, ate lunch at camp then headed over to the studios. This park always seems so crowded because half of it is closed off. We rode Rockin RC, Tower of Terror and Star Tours. Did another first today, went into One Man's Dream, not sure why we never did this before, very interesting. At the end we got to see a preview of Beauty and the Beast. We have plans to see the entire film on our cruise, but now that DH has seen the preview he said he will pass or will at least have to have a few drinks before, lol. After that we went to the Star Wars Launch Bay. We had dinner as Sci Fi., which we always enjoy. Tried to get a picture of the construction of the new area, but I got more of the fence. As I type this I am enjoying a fire and listing to some very loud people in the campsite across the road. Until tomorrow, good night.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Oh, one more thing, when we went to the buses at HS we were at a loss as why the Fort stop was like an afterthought. No cover and we were stop 4A, between 4 & 5. Also we saw at least two buses for every other resort before we got one bus for the Fort. Was feeling like the red headed step child of the resorts.:sad2:
image.jpg image.jpg

Oh, one more thing, when we went to the buses at HS we were at a loss as why the Fort stop was like an afterthought. No cover and we were stop 4A, between 4 & 5. Also we saw at least two buses for every other resort before we got one bus for the Fort. Was feeling like the red headed step child of the resorts.:sad2:
I remember this same thing a few years ago. I counted at least 2 buses, some resorts 3, before the FW bus came. I have only driven to a few parks (mostly AK), but I may start driving to HS this next trip.

j

Great pics so far @tltay2005 Sounds like you are have a fabulous time. Sorry to hear the buses are not as helpful. I wonder if they figure people tow in vehicles the need to run buses is less to the Fort than other resorts. Sure people drive to the other places but probably not as many. Remember you could always take a bus to the Lodge or the Contemp then boat over to the Fort. It might be faster. When we stayed at the fort, we drove to all the parks and places in general. The last go around was using the bus which seemed to be pretty freakin great except from Typhoon Lagoon which required a transfer at Disney Springs. But other than that. I found a real appreciation for the buses.

@dmaxphil Sorry to read everyone got sick over the vacation. That is never fun. I hope all is well now.

View attachment 226435 View attachment 226436

Yep, that bus stop definitively an afterthought. Always feel like a lost kid at it.

I guess someone decided there weren't Gators in this part of the canal. Most all the post were bare, all the signs were gone.
image.jpg

After our walk by the canal, we rode down to the Settlement Trading Post and walke the nature trail. Saw deer and raccoon tracks, but only critter we saw was a rabbit. We have been told that the large structure on stilts is a gigantic bat house. We may go back up at sunset to see if we see any.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

They moved the food truck again.

I told my wife that where it sits in your picture would make better since, instead of near the cart path to the Meadows pool. Is it open? When I talked to the CM when I was there, they told me that they would be moving it back over by the campfire each day.

I told my wife that where it sits in your picture would make better since, instead of near the cart path to the Meadows pool. Is it open? When I talked to the CM when I was there, they told me that they would be moving it back over by the campfire each day.

It was open and yes it moved to the movie area in the evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter