March 23, 2013 FANTASY - The Final Inaugural Cruise of the Disney Fantasy

Beth, this has always been the case. When you go into your reservation online and click on modify stateroom, you will see the prices for the other rooms that are available. If you look at the cruise prices with a new cruise search & not through your reservation number, you will see the current prices. Just to make sure I wasn't misunderstood, you don't pay the same exact amount for a higher category, but you do pay the price that category was when you originally made your reservation. For example, we are now in a 5C at $3155. If we upgraded to a 4E it would then cost us $3295. If we changed to a cat 8A, our total due would decrease to the $2945 that cat was when we originally booked. If I wanted to upgrade to the R concierge room now, the total showing is $17k and change. It would be $25k for someone without a reservation now if they wanted to book it. HTH. :)

Yes, that is east coast time. Sorry! NP about the questions. If I don't know the answer someone here will. :) That's what is great about the board.
:cheer2:

I did call earlier and our price for a 5A would be over $300 more. I think I'd rather just get a lower 8 or a 9. But those aren't available now. I'll check late tonight or first thing in the morning. :surfweb:

:banana:

:rotfl:

Lisa, I started a thread asking if anyone had photos of an 8A. When searching, I saw you mention that your TA was sailing in one. Did she post any pictures anywhere that I can see? I really want to see the inside layout of the room.

Hi all
My TA managed to book this cruise for 2 adults and my DD16 at the time of sailing for $2310 for cat 8A. This does not even include our OBC yet. I was skeptical about the pricing also until I saw that others had also got this kind of pricing too.
NO matter what we will be sailing on this cruise.
I've included some photos of the 8A cabins on the dream for those who are interested.

These pictures were taken by Travelgal2, my new best friend :) She just returned from a B2B Dream trip and managed to snap these pictures in between cruises. We are going to be in rooms 5520/5522 on the 6/2/12 Fantasy, so I was really curious as to the setup of the rooms and Tracey was awesome enough to get these for me :love:

haven't taken the time to decide which is which as far as 5520 and which are 5522, but maybe you guys can decipher. She did say the rooms are mirror images of each other.

196742_1967856834924_1198045340_2437127_2630872_n.jpg

Best picture for seeing the layout of the room, Tracey commented that the rooms are spacious

190128_1967855914901_1198045340_2437125_5915809_n.jpg

bedroom area of the room

200722_1967854754872_1198045340_2437123_6178648_n.jpg

sitting area of the room

188473_1967855314886_1198045340_2437124_1322552_n-1.jpg

sitting area

199090_1967857114931_1198045340_2437128_294653_n.jpg

desk area

200404_1967854234859_1198045340_2437121_5703724_n.jpg

room 5522 from the hall

190516_1967856514916_1198045340_2437126_6160415_n.jpg

Oh, and unfortunately, the bathrooms are not split baths. I didn't include the pictures because there are plenty out there of the reg. bathrooms.

Lori P. :)
can't resist..

IMG_1620.jpg

IMG_1619.jpg

IMG_1618.jpg

OK, I'm finished :rolleyes1

These are on the dream and do not have an obstructed view.

They my MIL was in one of these rooms 5520 in February, we were across the hall in the same type of room in 5020 and 5022.

There are two large portholes, the rooms are very large.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=186264788064830&set=a.129197590438217.16725.123239874367322 Photos 70 to 72 are of 5020 and 5022.

The only issue is these rooms do not have a split bath.

I honestly would stay in these rooms without hesitation.

Nose wise, you are over the Walt Disney Theatre, so while the shows are on your room will vibrate and you will hear the show, but it didn't bother us at all.

Thanks for the photos and the link! I wish the one we are staying in looked like that one :goodvibes. I'm pretty sure the ones with that separate sleeping area are only for three people. In any case, the one we're in is one giant open room with no privacy curtain. And it has a long desk area built into the wall between and under the two windows. It'll be fine. It's not an ideal setup for us, but it'll work :thumbsup2

We were booked in 5020 before moving to the 5C, so they have to sleep at least 4. DD asked what room the picture was of and I told her that is what we were booked in on the other side of the ship before I switched us to the verandah. After seeing the picture of the 5C, she is disappointed. LOL! Maybe next time when there isn't such a deal moving up to a verandah, dear. ;)

We were booked in 5020 before moving to the 5C, so they have to sleep at least 4. DD asked what room the picture was of and I told her that is what we were booked in on the other side of the ship before I switched us to the verandah. After seeing the picture of the 5C, she is disappointed. LOL! Maybe next time when there isn't such a deal moving up to a verandah, dear. ;)

Did that one have the cool half room divider? I thought those ones didn't have the overhead bed, but I must be wrong. I'd love one like that! They look like mini-suites :lovestruc. From everything I'm finding, our room will just big a big open room. I'll be super surprised and excited if we get there and it's not like that. And our room isn't listed as being HA, yet it only has one bathroom and it doesn't seem to have the cool round tub.

I'm so confused. But we'll have ample space and it should all work out :wizard:.

:goodvibes

Oh, we're in 6012.

That's because according to the original deck plans that were released by DCL, rooms 5018, 5518, 6012, 6014, 6510 & 6512 were listed as HA. When they were inspected, it was found that they did not meet the requirements is what I remember reading, so they are no longer HA. That would explain the single bathroom, and probably no tub.

That's because according to the original deck plans that were released by DCL, rooms 5018, 5518, 6012, 6014, 6510 & 6512 were listed as HA. When they were inspected, it was found that they did not meet the requirements is what I remember reading, so they are no longer HA. That would explain the single bathroom, and probably no tub.

Lisa, I am grateful for all your knowledge :flower3:. Thank you!

LOL! Just shows what happens when you spend way too much time on the boards. ;)

ETA: Also, those are the deck plans that I saved to my computer to use and haven't updated them. ;)

Thanks, Lisa for switching to verandah! This Lisa, grabbed 5020 and 5022 over the weekend for only $80 more than our two connecting 8c's. Of course, now you have me thinking of connecting verandahs...hmmm...decisions!

Tracey at DU was able to book my side of the family on this cruise. This will be myself (another Lisa), DH and our 3 kids DS14, DS11, and DD7. DH and I now have 6 cruises under our belts--with more booked before this one! and kids have taken 4.

My parents are also coming along. We hooked them on a 5nt this past August on the Dream.

My sister, her DH and 3 kids, DD11, DD9 and DD7. Sister took a cruise in high school with a friend but otherwise first timers!

My brother and his family are on the fence about cost. Wanted to wait till closer to book. SHHHH! Don't tell him we booked and parents are paying the deposit. Hoping he can go. If he does, it will be himself, DW, DD7, DD5, and identical twin DS's 3. DB and DSIL did a Carnival for millenium but otherwise first timers.

So excited about all the space we'll have for the five of us in those 8a's!:banana:

We've been fortunate to sail on the dream 3x this year in a wide variety of rooms--3nt in connecting 11a's on deck 8, 5nt in one 8b, and dh and I 3 nt bday trip in different layout 9a room 8000, now categorized lower. Looking forward to another crazy room type. Hope it doesn't change on the Fantasy!

Lisa

Welcome Lisa!

I moved us to a 9A this morning :woohoo:

I can't believe it's so far away. I'm looking forward to our MR trip this coming Feb/March, but it's the Fantasy cruise that I'm really excited about!

Hey everyone! Just checking in after a crazy busy weekend!
Welcome, Lisa!!! :cheer2: My DD's will be 10, 9 and 6 on the cruise.. so lots of similar ages to your group :)

Too funny about you scooping up the rooms. Those portholes are SO big... and that is a really cool room layout!

Glad that you got a room you wanted, Kirbo!!!

:welcome: Lisa and crew. You nearly doubled our numbers. LOL! There will be lots of kids in this group. DS will be 14 on this cruise.

WOW!!! The cheapest room on this cruise is now $6,518.40. That is in a 5A. Everything below that is still showing sold out even after deposits were due. I also checked out the 6/29/13 cruise we have a room held on and the cat 11C is $6,267.88 -- the price we have for a 9A. :scared1:

WOW!!! The cheapest room on this cruise is now $6,518.40. That is in a 5A. Everything below that is still showing sold out even after deposits were due. I also checked out the 6/29/13 cruise we have a room held on and the cat 11C is $6,267.88 -- the price we have for a 9A. :scared1:
I know, it's crazy! Right now in a 4A cat kids are over $1,000.. we only paid $400 per child, thank goodness! LOL

Glad that you got a room you wanted, Kirbo!!!
I'm so glad we got it! :banana:

:scared1:
I know, it's crazy! Right now in a 4A cat kids are over $1,000.. we only paid $400 per child, thank goodness! LOL
:scared1:

So, we've only ever sailed once before. This past Feb we did the MR and it was KSF. I heard that it was sold out and that kids were at maximum level. It was crowded, but never felt overly so (except on the sea days at the Mickey pool). Obviously it didn't bother us that much as we rebooked for the exact same cruise for '12. And that one is now KSF as well! Anyway, it looks as if our Fantasy cruise will also be sold out. Should we be concerned about the newer ships sailing at capacity or do you think it'll be ok? Four thousand folks is a lot :eek:

Anyone here sailed on a full Dream sailing? How was it? popcorn::

We have always cruised on sold out cruises, including the 2008 EBPC repo. That one got a little much due to some of the teens on board and their antics, but it never really felt crowded even for 15 days. We cruised KSF the past two years in January, last minute bookings, and it wasn't crowded then. The one thing we noticed the last cruise in january was the lack of parental control over thier kids in the dining room. We always have early dining and yes we know it gets loud in the dining rooms and we have kids BUT I have never witnessed some of the antics we saw then before. One 2 yo next to us threw a tantrum - and some plates - and all ended up on the floor. It was more of a "we're on the ship now, I put the kid in the seat and he will stay there or whatever while I visit with the person next to me" attitude. A tot on the other side of us was allowed to squeal/shreek repeatedly almost every time we were in the dining room...especially at the CB. Now, I totally understand the excitement kids experience. It's not about that. It was to the point where people in the DIS group who were sitting between our table and the shreeker got and left half way through the CB. My kids have never been angels, but we have always removed them from the situation if they ever did anything that bothered people around us whether it be in church or at dinner. One time is one thing, every single night was excessive. Now what was the question? ;) Usually there are 1600-1800 kids between the ages of 3 & 12 onboard alone [announced at the final kids' show]. We were really surprised by the numbers the first few times, considering that doesn't include the tots or teens.

Hi everybody. I've stopped in a couple of times but figured it was time I chimed in. We will also be on this cruise. It will be me, DH, and DS (10 at the time of the cruise). We are so excited! :goodvibes Is it bad that I'm already pricing rental cars, flights and hotels?

I'm so glad we got it! :banana:

Anyone here sailed on a full Dream sailing? How was it? popcorn::

We did! We were on the Dream June 7th-12th. It was a 5 nighter. The boat was completely sold out. We never felt it was too crowded. We went to the shows, rode the aquaduck 4-5 times, enjoyed the pool, no issues. The funny thing is 4k people and we kept running into the same 3-4 families! I'd say the most crowds we ran into were getting into the dining rooms every night and disembarkment. Even then it wasnt horrible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter