• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

March 2013 Discounts

Well, I ALMOST just bit the bullet and booked for 3/21-3/31. I was hoping for a AAA discount but the total was only $70.00 less than rack rate. Only the first three days were discounted. I hesitated at the almost $3000.00 price tag for a ROOM (moderate). I told her no way, too expensive. She told me to check back around October 1st in the Special Offers section......here's hoping.

I really hope that something comes out around October 1st. That would be awesome. I did the same thing as you and booked the Thursday before Easter week (21st) in hopes that Free Dining is offered. That would be a big money saver for me. It happed for Easter 2012 :thumbsup2 so maybe they'll do it again.

Our 180 day Advance Dining window opens on Saturday at 6am ET (so 5am CT) and I plan on being up getting the few must have reservations done so I can plan my trip. If Free Dining comes out, I'll add a few more reservations later.

I really hope that something comes out around October 1st. That would be awesome. I did the same thing as you and booked the Thursday before Easter week (21st) in hopes that Free Dining is offered. That would be a big money saver for me. It happed for Easter 2012 :thumbsup2 so maybe they'll do it again.

Our 180 day Advance Dining window opens on Saturday at 6am ET (so 5am CT) and I plan on being up getting the few must have reservations done so I can plan my trip. If Free Dining comes out, I'll add a few more reservations later.

I read your earlier posts that you received Free Dining last year. You are the reason we booked our airfare to come in on Thursday. :) Keeping my fingers crossed it works out that way this year too. Are you flying out of MKE?

I will be up to make dining reservations on Saturday too. The only ones I am concerned about are Be Our Guest and Easter Sunday breakfast. All of the others aren't as popular I don't think, but of course, that week, all the restaurants will be busy.

O/T - but has anyone heard anything about Easter Sunday meals?

I read your earlier posts that you received Free Dining last year. You are the reason we booked our airfare to come in on Thursday. :) Keeping my fingers crossed it works out that way this year too. Are you flying out of MKE?

I will be up to make dining reservations on Saturday too. The only ones I am concerned about are Be Our Guest and Easter Sunday breakfast. All of the others aren't as popular I don't think, but of course, that week, all the restaurants will be busy.

O/T - but has anyone heard anything about Easter Sunday meals?

We are flying out of MKE :). We'll stay at a park n fly the night before and take the shuttle over to the airport. As of now our flight is at 7:30am and we arrive ORD 1:20pm. I'm planning on having our first day hanging around the Beach Club swimming, campfire/movie and relaxing on the Beach. Of course our first meal is going to be the "Kitchen Sink" at Beaches and Cream :lmao:.

I think we might be the only family not wanting to book for BOG. I shared the lunch and dinner menus with the kids and they all want what is on the lunch menu so no need to worry about an ADR for that thank goodness. I'm not to concerned with our ADR's this year because we only have few and my kids picked places that aren't signature ;). Plus if Free Dining doesn't come out and it is only room discount, I'll be ok with that. The only part I didn't like about Free Dining was I had to book ressies and that meant we had to be at a certain park. On previous trips, we kind of enjoyed being able to have more flexibility with our park days. But I loved Free Dining (not because it was free) but because of all the new experiences at restaurants we normally wouldn't go to. Where will you be staying with your family?

We are flying out of MKE :). We'll stay at a park n fly the night before and take the shuttle over to the airport. As of now our flight is at 7:30am and we arrive ORD 1:20pm. I'm planning on having our first day hanging around the Beach Club swimming, campfire/movie and relaxing on the Beach. Of course our first meal is going to be the "Kitchen Sink" at Beaches and Cream :lmao:.

I think we might be the only family not wanting to book for BOG. I shared the lunch and dinner menus with the kids and they all want what is on the lunch menu so no need to worry about an ADR for that thank goodness. I'm not to concerned with our ADR's this year because we only have few and my kids picked places that aren't signature ;). Plus if Free Dining doesn't come out and it is only room discount, I'll be ok with that. The only part I didn't like about Free Dining was I had to book ressies and that meant we had to be at a certain park. On previous trips, we kind of enjoyed being able to have more flexibility with our park days. But I loved Free Dining (not because it was free) but because of all the new experiences at restaurants we normally wouldn't go to. Where will you be staying with your family?

I'm with you on the inability to be flexible with the dining plan. I don't ever purchase it for that reason, we like to be more spontaneous. However, it is a great discount, and if it's free, I'll take it! Otherwise, we will pick out a few of our fave restaurants and do quick service for the rest of the trip.

I am currently booked at POP, but I am hoping to upgrade to Riverside. We will see what is on the kid's Xmas list this year. If they don't ask for too many big ticket items, maybe I will upgrade us as a surprise. It's my DH and I's 15th wedding anniversary and we love POR. It's so green after a long ,WI winter. His annivesary gift will be an upgrade. :)

I'm with you on the inability to be flexible with the dining plan. I don't ever purchase it for that reason, we like to be more spontaneous. However, it is a great discount, and if it's free, I'll take it! Otherwise, we will pick out a few of our fave restaurants and do quick service for the rest of the trip.

I am currently booked at POP, but I am hoping to upgrade to Riverside. We will see what is on the kid's Xmas list this year. If they don't ask for too many big ticket items, maybe I will upgrade us as a surprise. It's my DH and I's 15th wedding anniversary and we love POR. It's so green after a long ,WI winter. His annivesary gift will be an upgrade. :)

Oh I LOVE Riverside too!!!! Taking the boats to Downtown Disney were relaxing. We've stayed there a few times. We used to always make a point to see Yee Ha Bob. We've had to change though because the last year we were there (2011) the room had become too small for us. We needed extra space. I've fallen in love with EPCOT resorts now. Our favorite park is EPCOT so having is so close is a huge bonus. I totally understand the LONG WI winters. Congrats on your upcoming 15 year Anniversary!!

Does anyone know if Disney release free dining for early March? It's still a long way away but I'm hoping to go in 2015 and I'm looking at maybe staying at Disney for the week around my birthday (so 4-11th probably). Hoping it's not going to be mega crowded!

That will probably be tough.. those two weeks are ranked poorly for discounts due to Easter.

You never know.
IN 2009 and 2010 we got discounts Easter week. Once we fo 30% off and once we got 3/4 (best ever).

Just keep watching :)

You never know.
IN 2009 and 2010 we got discounts Easter week. Once we fo 30% off and once we got 3/4 (best ever).

Just keep watching :)

And, another positive vibe to add is that last Easter 2012 crowds were a lot lower than the traditional Easter crowds. None of the parks closed due to full capacity, not sure if they were even close. We were also upgraded at both of our resorts, BC and WL, and the CM's told us the resorts had a lot of empty rooms. So we'll look forward to Easter 2013 and see if disney tries to fill some rooms.

TJA said:
And, another positive vibe to add is that last Easter 2012 crowds were a lot lower than the traditional Easter crowds. None of the parks closed due to full capacity, not sure if they were even close. We were also upgraded at both of our resorts, BC and WL, and the CM's told us the resorts had a lot of empty rooms. So we'll look forward to Easter 2013 and see if disney tries to fill some rooms.

That is definitely great to hear. We are arriving on Easter Sunday. Then again, just by following most of the recommendations from easywdw.com we were very successful in WDW during Christmas week. I even have a photo of an empty Magic Kingdom on 12/30 at 10:30am. Even at noon there was only a 15 minute wait for the teacups, and 20 for POTC.

A discount would be amazing, fingers crossed.

I am booking my ADR's on Friday for our Easter week vacation. I have my fingers crossed that a great discount will become available.

We went all in for our vacation and am hoping for some pixie dust. 2/28-3/8 at the poly, with dining. ADR's have been made. Just banking on that slower first week of march to trim the cost of this mega expensive vacation....or not ;)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

:badpc:
I am getting very VERY impatient lol
We went all in as well, and wanting that discount too lol

:hourglass This is my first time staying on site, so this is my first time having to wait it out for a discount! It isn't that fun!

We are currently booked for May 2013 but yesterday our travel agent emailed me and said rumors are out about early 2013 discounts and asked me what daughter's spring break dates are.. Is there hope for something great for March? I hope so!

Edited to add that the discount has already been released to Disney visa cardholders and it only goes to March 7th. Doesn't work for us unfortunately.

really, really, really hoping for some special discount to make our trip more affordable!!!!!

Booked March 4 - 11
POR Standard View Royal Guest Room
2 adults, 1 child
8 day base park tickets
Plus dining plan
$2,995.15.

Saved $688.17 based on website rates.

Not as good as free dining (which would be a little over an $200 additional savings), but I'll take it!

I couldnt help but notice your dates went past the 7th... did they honor the package until the 11th? Or are you paying rack rates for those days?

We are currently booked for May 2013 but yesterday our travel agent emailed me and said rumors are out about early 2013 discounts and asked me what daughter's spring break dates are.. Is there hope for something great for March? I hope so!

Edited to add that the discount has already been released to Disney visa cardholders and it only goes to March 7th. Doesn't work for us unfortunately.

I have a Disney Visa, how come I didn't hear about this?? :scared:

If you already have a reservation can you call and get it changed to take advantage of this offer? Our dates are Mar 1 - 9 so it would cover most of our trip! :cheer2:

Thank goodness for the DIS!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter