March 20, 2004

Our plan now, is to drive the day before and stay the night at Radisson. I've read you are charged double to park at port for longer vehicles like our Suburban. We will use their shuttle in the morning. Hope I am able to get sleep that night before, I'll be so excited :p

Strawberryblonde,
We just parked our suburban at the port on our 3/15 cruise and was charged $70. We arrived about 10 in the morning and the was able to park in the lot right in front on the terminal.
We drove down because we have a family of six and airline tickets are terrible no matter how early you buy. Plus we can never find a rental van at a good price that will hold six plus all our luggage. In laws want us to fly with them for the 3/20/04 but it will costs us more than double of driving. Guess we will keep watching for airfare out of KC if not we will be driving again. I have found some nice priced van limo transportation. It is a long way away but I'm planning everyday.

I know that there has to be more people my age going on this cruise, so if anyone reads this and is a teenager, please respond....i went on the 3/22 magic (1st cruise) and had an awesome time, so i wanted to go back on next spring break (3/20) my parents are worried i wont have as much as a good time as i did have, so if anyone is a teenager i would liek to try to keep in touch or somethin...

Hey....
I'm Brian, this is my mom's I.D.... I'm 15 and will turn 16 twelve days after the cruise.... my email is bhaan@lafvb.com... I went on the 7 day Eastern on the Magic in November 2001...

I am looking forward to the games, the music, the dining rotations, parasailing with my sister and snorkeling with the teens during Wildside.

I ate all the dinner meals with my family. We rented tuxes through the cruiseline. My mom and sister already have their gowns for next March!

Hope to get some conversations going with other teens that are going March 20, 2004.

~Brian

This thread has grown since I last read it! In response to where do you stay before the cruise: we always fly down the day before and stay at the Airport Hyatt. We took a limo this last cruise and we liked it so I would guess we will do it again next year. We even have the same stateroom as last year, cat.3 8548. Kathy

Kathy, what time did you leave the Hyatt for the port? And do you recall what you paid for the Hyatt, and how you made those reservations (i.e., did you get some incredible deal on the internet, because of mileage/points affiliation, or was it a pretty standard reservation)?

Leilani,
K is so excited. She is on the phone with B AGAIN. She has been asking for her own phone line. Can't let her have one cause her older sister doesn't even have one.
We can't wait for the cruise. We have decided to drive again. Did check for flights early this week and everything was gone in seconds. This time DH parents will be riding alone so we will split the drive into 2 days. Staying at the Comfort suites airport again on Friday before the cruise. When do you get in?

It IS great to see our dates one the first page!!!!!!

Bev,

I know. I came home from running an errand yesterday and B was on the phone with K. She said they had a nice 30 min conversation. (Guess I need to remind her that those calls cost money :p ) They are both so excited and are already planning what they are going to wear.

We don't know an exact date yet, but will probably travel down a couple days early and stay at WDW. Maybe we can try to get the girls together on Friday when we decide what we are doing.

We leave for WDW on May 30 so I am getting really excited about that right now. After that trip is over I will ready to put more effort into planning the cruise next year.
LeiLani

Leilani,
We have vacation time scheduled off for the end of June and nothing planned and thought about a short cruise or florida trip. Cruise was way to much even for a 3 day. I couldn't remember your dates for your summer trip at first and had K call B a few weeks ago and double check.
Guess we are driving out to CA and will visit DH brothers.

We get calling cards from Sam's for all our long distance. I didn't cost much for those girls to chat. K is always so excited when she gets of the phone.

Have a great time in Florida.

The list gets bigger all the time. It is great to see how many kids are going on the cruise.
Bev

Giving the post another little bump.:sunny:

Hey Bev,

The girls are so funny the way they are so excited about the next cruise. When we were planning the last one I was the one so excited and B just went along with the flow. Now she is trying to plan excursions and wanting to go out and buy dresses already. It is great that there seems to be quite a few kids this time around so I know they will have fun.

What part of CA? Hope you have a safe and fun trip. We will be heading to Vegas later this summer. I have to take the girls to see their grandparents and we will probably go down to CA also.

We leave for Disney at the end of this month. The girls and I will drive down and DH will fly down to meet us. We will be there for 10 days. I am all excited about that trip and trying to plan everthing.
LeiLani

BUMP BUMP
Trying to keep this on the first few pages so it doesn't get lost.

Leilani,
I wish we were leaving for Disney at the end of the month.
Dh brothers live near Sacramento and San Francisco. We are stuffing our truck with 9 people and driving out over three days. I will be needing the cruise very bad when it gets here.

K's little sister is very excited about the cruise. K told her that she could hang out with her and B some of the time. Our youngest does not like the kids club at all and spends most of her time with us.

Have a great trip to Disney.

I told our kids grandparents that you are takiing both sets of your kids grandparents on the March cruise. Maybe they will bump into each other. :)

We are now under 300 days until our cruise!! Bought a Tinkerbell swimming suit for my DD at 50% off at TDS today. Not for the size she is today but the size I'm guessing she will be next March ;) . Now if I could just get my hands on a Mickey suit for me. They must have made them just a few years back because they are still in promotional photos (red/blue design). I really, really want one *pout*. I had a Mickey suit as a teenager, aqua blue background, Mickey took up the entire front. Wore that thing out on water slides (like it would still fit :rolleyes: ).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter