March 20, 2004

Well, it is true, it is snowing big time here in Iowa. One of our employees talked to her mother this morning and they live in Sioux City IA (NW corner of the state) They were suppose to get 2" and they got 8"!!! The good news is warmer temps by the end of the week and snow should be gone no matter how much we get. Why or why can't it be bad weather while we are on the ship? Sounds sick but when I am on a ship I like to think, gee, I am glad we are here and not back home in that nasty storm but no, we are in the nasty storm. This too shall pass. Next week at this time we will be on day 2 at sea. Sounds good to me.

For tropical stuff, Von Maur carriers Fresh Produce brand and they carry Tommy Bahama brand clothing. You need to go to Indy but I know from my sister there is a Von Maur store there. Also Kohl's had some Caribbean Joe items, you know, I think I saw some at Von Maur too. Don't forget you can get cheap tropical outfits in St. Maarten. I am assuming our tropical night is still St. Maarten day.

Well, time to go tan:sunny: If I can't have the really sun I will go for some indoor rays. Kathy

no snow yet in Chi town.. but we are not expected to get much tonight.. but we will see.. It is cold here today..

I was at Kohl's on Sunday and they had some summer stuff in and on the racks.

Back to work... not much longer

Susan

I am back, feeling nice and toasty from the tanning bed. Just found out our schools in the metro are letting out early because of the storm. Who would of thought that would happen! It keeps getting a little deeper out there but honestly, in Dec. or Jan. they would not let the schools out early for a storm like this. Prediction is 6" by the time it is over.

Oh well, I will turn on my tropical tunes and continue to pack. Sunny warm days are only 4 days away, yeah! Husband was searching the net last week and found a cute song for me to listen to. It happens to be country which isn't what I usually listen to but I did like the song. The artist is Kenny Chesney (sp?) and the song: All I Want For Christmas is a Really Good Tan. I want Mr. Jimmy Buffet to record it. It fits right in with his songs. I have no idea which web site he was on when he found it.

Kathy

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: I am just finishing clearing my desk at work, today was the last day of work and now in about 5 minutes my vacation begins. We are leaving tomorrow for Florida!!!! I will see you all aboard the Magic!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Magicboundagain4, Have a safe drive to Florida.

:mad: :mad:
SNOW SNOW SNOW
Our son was on his way to work tonight and put his car in the ditch. It was on the interstate and there is a NO TOW so we need to wait until tomorrow for getting a tow truck. At least he is okay and did not damage the car.

Deep breath and just think about the ship. Not much longer.

Last week was very warm here (Los Angeles suburbs) and this week it's still in the high 70's/low 80's...but there's no room service, no beautiful blue sea, no wonderful shows, no one making up my bed...in short, no Magic here, and that's what I want!!

Snow!!! They said 6" well right now it is 10" and they are guessing 2 more before it ends. Magicboundagain4 hoping you have a safe start to your trip tomorrow. At least the snow will be over and the melt down will start. See you on Sat.

Bev, glad to hear your son is OK. I hope you get the car out tomorrow. Kathy

Cruised up the freeway to the next town this morning and managed to find the small mall and the Ross and Target......found a suitcase and the 2.5 gallon ziplock baggies.....so I am set. Found a vinyl big "envelope" that closes with velcro....perfect to consolidate the documents and passports and car rental papers. Dropped DH's suit and dress shirts off at the cleaners, will pick them up Thursday when I get nails done.....I might actually get everything done this week.

Marilee

Nails, that reminds me, tomorrow morning at 9:00 I have a pedicure! Who would of known I would be getting my toes done the day after the snow storm :p . It will interesting walking back to the car in sandals--in the snow. Kathy

yo does n e one know if the games are on the cruise, cause last year the tv's were knocked out so we couldn't watch them, and i know they also took out the espn bar which sucks (although all the games are on cbs n e ways)...so if n e one knows post sumthin

And also, where are we all meeting so we can see each other? It would be cool to put some faces to the "screen names"

Steve,
If they are on, please save my husband a seat (so much for relaxing.)

Hi Everyone,
Kennedy Space Center just e-mailed me to say that the launch is still on:
Delta 2 Rocket Launch
3/20/2004
12:39:00 PM
Boeing Delta 2 will launch the NAVSTAR Global Positioning System 2R-11 military navigation satellite. The launch will be run by the U.S. Air Force.

My boys are making their autograph books tonight. We just bought little scrapbooks that will hold a 4x6 on one page and the autograph on the other. We have lots of Disney stickers. And our cool postcard from Andy, the Veranda Man. I hope that works.

Oh the packing I need to do!
Dawn

Do youthink they will start boarding early so we can watch from on board?

I got a call from The Perfect Gift (Shirley's co.) verifying some of my order. I can't remember the women's name but she did tell me weather today is 75°, tomorrow 85° and it is suppose to be nice and warm for the weekend!!! Maybe my frozen toes will warm up by then;) . It would be nice if they let us board early because of the launch but I wouldn't count on it. Kathy

I just finished our list to hand out. There are 29 groups from the DIS that have reported to this Thread! That is a large group:D . See you all soon. Magicboundagain4 left this AM for the cruise. Padre Disney leaves tomorrow. It is finally here:wave: Kathy

I should have made a long list too.

I don't know if anyone tried to email me an answer for my question earlier this morning. Do you think they will let us on board early due to the launching? Portside will make it difficult to see the launch won't it.

See you all real soon.

Oh no, it is snowing once again!!! Well, in three days I will be looking at palm trees! So snow as much as you want because my family is out of here on Friday.

Oh yes, the DIS list for our cruise is now printed and ready to hand out at our DIS meet. See you all soon.:wave: Kathy

i must have missed someone mentioning that, my dad wanted to know but he's too lazy to post sumthin

Steve,

we are meeting after the life boat drill and before the sail away party on deck 10 overlooking the sail away party on the starboard side..

Kathy,
More snow in IL today too but according to the weather, Friday should be warm 50's and clear. So IMHO I believe that the fights should be okay.. It is funny to be pulling out all of the shorts and sandels with snow on the ground..
:crazy:

We have been in the terminal when boarding had started at 11:45 but lately on the board people have reported back it was noon when boarding began.

Our snow is melting fast! Much of what we received yesterday melted. At least we will be gone when it will be really sloppy out.

Tonight the Padre Disney family is off to KC, (which didn't get any of the white stuff) :wave: See you soon Bev! Have a safe trip.

Two more nights then we are on a plane heading to Florida!!!
Kathy:sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter