Marathon Weekend 2024

SAFD:
So… good timing, as I just took this picture…
I used to have a rack on the wall with some medals, but then I hung one too many on it, and it fell. I haven’t replaced it. All my medals have gone into two Hoka shoe boxes. Well my puppy recently found the boxes, and he loves to chew on cardboard. Then he found the medals and has started to drag them out! It’s kind of funny seeing him carrying the medals around, though!
Oh! I just remembered. I do hang/display my latest medal in my office at work.

SAFD: I’m in the process of repainting/ redoing my home office so no pictures yet. I had one rack for runDisney and one for other races and both were overflowing. Hadn’t been able to hang anything since MW 2022. Got a “Every Mile is Magic” holder for Christmas and will be rehanging everything once painting is done.

In our former home, we had a tiny hallway that was really the only logical place to display my medals. I have a three-row 18-inch rack with an additional three-row 18-inch extension underneath it, and bought a separate rack for my first Dopey that also fit my second Dopey medals and ears on it.

medals_condo.jpg

I have a couple of spots in the new place those could go, but it's also full so I need to look for a spot where I can add additional layers or racks. I'd like to put them near my treadmill, but the room that's going in isn't finished yet (needs drywall and paint) and we probably won't get to that until this winter sometime. For now I'm eyeballing my home office as I have a lot of wall space in here (ignore the weird lights and giant TV, which belong to the current owner and will be gone). I'd love to use the space along the stairs but there's a big cabinet we have that may need to go there.

Screen Shot 2023-05-29 at 8.37.32 AM.png Screen Shot 2023-05-29 at 8.37.50 AM.png Screen Shot 2023-05-29 at 8.37.57 AM.png

SAFD: DH bought me a medal rack for Christmas a couple of years ago, and it looks like I might need to get an extension rack to go underneath it. My dopey medals from this year are in a shadow box, and we figured out how to mount my marathon ears to the wall with command Velcro strips to the back of the ears.

DH has the challenge set of medals to earn this summer (still in the closet) and those and the box lid will go up.

229B520E-C279-4DC5-83AA-BEE581F34F5D.jpeg

SAFD: hi, I’m the “freak” who sells her medals on eBay. :rotfl: Well, I did, anyway, as many as I could: the last few haven’t sold and are sitting on my closet floor because the shoe boxes of old ones I earned before knowing there was a 2nd hand market for them are full. I did keep my marathon medals, though, and have them hanging from the curtain rod in my home office. Sorry, no pics!

SAFD: I started with a display in the closet, on a nice rack that DH gave me:
Then, I used IKEA pegboards when we redid our son’s old room:
I also have a big pile that don’t really fit anywhere:
DH uses a hall tree for his. It used to be in his office, but when he started working from home, he brought it here, so it’s near my pegboard display:
The closet one has an extension rod, but I don’t think anything else would fit on it, so I don’t dare try to add any more extensions. I could do a better job with organizing the pegboard one. I have all the Disney ones there, along with all my marathon ones, and the more recent ones.

Attachments

• IMG_5228.jpeg
    IMG_5228.jpeg
    84.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_5226.jpeg
    IMG_5226.jpeg
    101.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_5225.jpeg
    IMG_5225.jpeg
    60.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_5227.jpeg
    IMG_5227.jpeg
    56.5 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

SAFD: I have one rack for Disney races and one for other half and full marathons. With a couple of exceptions, I keep the 10 milers and less in a drawer. As you can see my non-Disney rack is pretty full, so I have been swapping new HM medals on to it and taking off some less loved ones.

IMG_2333[1].JPG

The prints are from Wine & Dine 2018 and Marathon Weekend 2020 when you could buy embossed sketches at the Expo.

Edit to add that's a chair rail not the baseboard.

Last edited:
SAFD:IMG_2407.jpeg
This was from a few years ago so there are more medals on it now. I apologize for the college dorm decorating aesthetic; I live alone with my dogs so there is little reason for a more sophisticated look than prominently displayed medals, various Eeyore and priceless works of art by my nieces and nephews.

I have another rack with non-Dopey Challenge medals on another wall. The first Dopey rack is getting pretty full so I may be looking for a new Dopey rack in January.

Spoonflower probably has prints that can be ordered in wallpaper.

Also, @The Expert my nephew did one of those "painters tape lines on the wall and then paint all the polygons in his bedroom for his birthday in all purples, and it has STRONG purple wall vibes.

Working on a few historical data type things. I am looking to see if anyone knows the medal/theme for the 5Ks of past. I am talking like pre-2012. I know for roughly the last 10 years it has been Pluto with a mixed in Oswald. It's hard to find via internet searches. To my knowledge the 5K or family fun run started in 1995 but I am not sure if they gave a medal then.

Working on a few historical data type things. I am looking to see if anyone knows the medal/theme for the 5Ks of past. I am talking like pre-2012. I know for roughly the last 10 years it has been Pluto with a mixed in Oswald. It's hard to find via internet searches. To my knowledge the 5K or family fun run started in 1995 but I am not sure if they gave a medal then.
I think onceuponamarathon on instagram did some posts on the older medals. They might be saved to her highlights.

I think onceuponamarathon on instagram did some posts on the older medals. They might be saved to her highlights.
I follow and chat with her frequently. I don't believe she has anything pre-2012. I found one from 2009 where Lion King was featured as the 5K theme.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter