Marathon Weekend 2024

Photopass photos are always there in the app. Its just whether they have a watermark or not. If purchased they will have no watermark and free to download. If not purchased they will have a watermark and you cannot download. So if you are the buyer, you have to download the photos from that day and send them to them.

After the trip is over, photos won't expire right away either.
To piggyback off this, during MW one of the people I was grabbing pics for arrived the day before me, and had in-park pics. I had this person listed in my "friends and family" on MDE. However, since I hadn't activated our MM yet, all of those pics from the day before I arrived had a watermark on them, even though I had purchased it well in advance.

I was not able to get these pics without a watermark with my MM. Was there are step I was missing somewhere that I could have done this?

To piggyback off this, during MW one of the people I was grabbing pics for arrived the day before me, and had in-park pics. I had this person listed in my "friends and family" on MDE. However, since I hadn't activated our MM yet, all of those pics from the day before I arrived had a watermark on them, even though I had purchased it well in advance.

I was not able to get these pics without a watermark with my MM. Was there are step I was missing somewhere that I could have done this?
I suppose I am just used to having the AP with photopass so I never have to actually activate anything.

That said, I would suggest in the case we are discussing that whoever is arriving first be the one to carry the Memory Maker on their account to make sure that first day of pics are able to be downloaded.

I will also add, if you are buying Genie+ you will get ride photos included with that. Theoretically even if you don't all buy Genie+ but just want ride photos you could buy one person's Genie+ just to get those photos. Now this would likely need you all to be in the same ride vehicle tho. I am not sure how specific Disney gets as I haven't tested this myself.

That is my concern. I will be buying a length of stay MM but my stay starts the day after theirs. I want their pictures from the day before I arrive to be available without the watermark. I am also staying a day later than they are so if they buy it I want to make sure my pictures for the day after their stay ends does not have the watermark.

I suppose I am just used to having the AP with photopass so I never have to actually activate anything.

That said, I would suggest in the case we are discussing that whoever is arriving first be the one to carry the Memory Maker on their account to make sure that first day of pics are able to be downloaded.

I will also add, if you are buying Genie+ you will get ride photos included with that. Theoretically even if you don't all buy Genie+ but just want ride photos you could buy one person's Genie+ just to get those photos. Now this would likely need you all to be in the same ride vehicle tho. I am not sure how specific Disney gets as I haven't tested this myself.

It sounds like they should be the purchaser based on these two comments but I do want to make sure my pictures from the day after they leave are available for download without the watermark.

That is my concern. I will be buying a length of stay MM but my stay starts the day after theirs. I want their pictures from the day before I arrive to be available without the watermark. I am also staying a day later than they are so if they buy it I want to make sure my pictures for the day after their stay ends does not have the watermark.

It sounds like they should be the purchaser based on these two comments but I do want to make sure my pictures from the day after they leave are available for download without the watermark.
It's quite possible that one day on either end depending who buys it may be with watermark. Like I said you could buy Genie+ to get ride photos at least or buy Memory Maker One Day which is good for one day like it says and is $69.00.

Don't think I did anything special, but had purchased MM well in advance of MW, then didn't activate it until a couple weeks post MW, to take advantage of using one MM for both MW and PW. I was able to get all my pictures (without watermarks) from both weekends (but did make sure to download the MW ones before the 45 day post-picture expiration), including those of others in my "friends and family" who had taken pictures before MM activation.🤷‍♀️

Does anyone know whats up with the parks being blacked out for pass holders the week of the marathon this year? Our passes are up for renewal today so I was looking at our blackout days for the Sorcerers pass and I was surprised to see that now January 2nd and 3rd are both blacked out now. We were at the parks on the 3rd and 4th(Tuesday and Wednesday of Marathon Week) last year before the marathon weekend started and now the parks are all blacked out until Thursday the 4th, just kind of disappointing to see Disney changing it this year. Was planning on going to the parks on Tuesday and Weds after the expo and then Thursday morning(doing the 10k this year) but I guess our plans have changed now.

Does anyone know whats up with the parks being blacked out for pass holders the week of the marathon this year? Our passes are up for renewal today so I was looking at our blackout days for the Sorcerers pass and I was surprised to see that now January 2nd and 3rd are both blacked out now. We were at the parks on the 3rd and 4th(Tuesday and Wednesday of Marathon Week) last year before the marathon weekend started and now the parks are all blacked out until Thursday the 4th, just kind of disappointing to see Disney changing it this year. Was planning on going to the parks on Tuesday and Weds after the expo and then Thursday morning(doing the 10k this year) but I guess our plans have changed now.
Incredi-Pass is not its every pass below that tho. This is due to proximity to New Years. Its all based on how the calendar falls.

It's a little annoying for sure. I checked into upgrading my pass but it's not worth the extra money.

Yeah, I had noticed that. I usually arrive the Tuesday before Marathon weekend, but changed to Wednesday for this next year - hoping flights go smoothly!

This past year I actually came in early on the 31st, because I had never done NYE in the parks. I paid for a one day ticket for that day, and the 1st and after were not blacked out.

SAFD: I ran distance track in HS (1600 and 3200) and did some local 5K's. In college, I only ran sporadically, and after college I turned into a gym rat (stair stepper, anyone?).
After our second daughter was born, I needed to do something for myself, so I decided to train for a triathlon (I had gotten into spin classes at the gym). This made me start running again consistently, and I instantly fell in love with triathlons.
In 2010, we were at Disney and it was Princess weekend. When I saw all the runners with their lovely medals and cute race shirts, I was like "WAIT WHAT?? Disney has races?". So I decided to do my first half marathon at Princess 2011 and I was instantly hooked on both run Disney and distance racing.
I came back for my first full marathon in 2013, lured in by the 20th anniversary of the WDW marathon, and the rest is history!

Good Morning runDisney All-Stars! It is time for Sunday’s are for Disney! And for today’s question it is picture time. Share with us what you do with your running bling.

I took over our office/storage room, cleaned it up and set the room up as my running room - all my running gear, books and race bling. I love seeing it all in one place finally. And it is fun to see it all every time I go to get ready for a run.

IMG_1833.jpeg

On a personal note, Memorial Day Weekend always hits home significantly for my family. My thoughts to all who Memorial Day also has a similar impact. I hope everyone has a good week and share your pictures!

SAFD: I have a bunch of medals that are still in a box, including my 2023 Princess and Springtime medals. I could, theoretically, get another rod, maybe even 2 to add more space, but it would involve taking everything down again, and that’s a daunting challenge 😄😄 I also have the small rack with my PRs across the top and some favorite medals on the other 2 levels. I wish I had a space to have my medals out where other people could see them, instead of in my room, but our house has too many windows and not enough walls.

IMG_4245.jpeg
IMG_4246.jpeg

I'm kind of in limbo with my bling. I was doing shadow boxes with anything half and longer but now that I've been running for a while it got too much. We are looking to move either this or next summer so I'm not redoing the room.

I have a Disney medal hanger I'll use for all the RD medals and I'll probably just get a few table racks for all the rest. I already have one for the shorter race medals.

SAFD:
So… good timing, as I just took this picture…
I used to have a rack on the wall with some medals, but then I hung one too many on it, and it fell. I haven’t replaced it. All my medals have gone into two Hoka shoe boxes. Well my puppy recently found the boxes, and he loves to chew on cardboard. Then he found the medals and has started to drag them out! It’s kind of funny seeing him carrying the medals around, though!
IMG_4049.jpeg

Mine are hanging in my master bathroom, right beside the toilet. :laughing: I made this small rack from a small pallet I got at work and some drawer pulls and hooks I picked up on Amazon.

IMG_20230528_141500195.jpg

My older daughter has a really nice setup we bought at Hobby Lobby. Her awards are a mix of academic, running, and tennis as well as a few from her days of dancing and gymnastics.

IMG_20230528_142509562.jpg
IMG_20230528_142457076_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230528_142450849_HDR.jpg

Hopefully we can both add some Disney bling in a few years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter