Marathon Weekend 2023

So, after having a required in-person meeting for the last hour and a half (and deciding I was not participating in MW 2023 since I wouldn't be able to register), you all are saying I still have a chance?

Off to another meeting... I will see where the rD gods are in a little over 30 minutes.

What a weird day... I had completely resigned myself to skipping MW 2023 given that (i) I have other potential vacation plans that week and (ii) I had a long, high-level meeting starting right at registration time that I couldn't miss. I almost even forgot that it was registration day.

In any case, after my 1.5 hour meeting, I came back to my office and then remembered that it was registration day when I looked on my calendar (which still had an alert that I set up a long time ago). So, I decided to look and see what was still available... and I was met by these dwarfs instead of the normal rD website. So, then I came here to see what was going on and quickly realized that nobody had been able to register yet.

In my mind, this was a sign telling me that I should reconsider my decision... so I did... in about two seconds. I quickly determined that, given the other potential vacation plans, I couldn't risk signing up for Dopey again, but I bet I could still make it on Sunday for the marathon even if the other plans happen.

So, I opened several browsers, and at times when the dwarfs temporarily disappeared, I entered several no-wait-time queues. But as you all know, still nothing happened for a while, so I then had another 30-minute meeting I needed to attend. So, I left, had the meeting, and when I returned to my desk, there was one browser with a two-minute wait time. That was the final straw telling me that this is destiny and the rD gods were on my side, so I registered for the marathon.

Now, I just have to figure out how to tell my wife.

Last edited:
So I tried to register my mom on a whim for the 5K thinking it could be her Mother’s Day present. Finished checking out and it was sold out. My card got charged though - will they automatically refund it or am I going to have to call them? Blah! Probably should have decided before 10 minutes ago to do that lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter