Marathon Weekend 2022

Did something happen to him? Seemed like I haven't seen any posts from him in a long time.

And of course, :thumbsup2 for the Country Bears! I always love a classic!

Something had to have happened. I could see a difference of opinion leading to him no longer being a moderator but I can't image a scenario in which a moderator is kicked off the boards entirely. That would take petty to a whole new level especially since I'm pretty sure he was on the podcast at least once.

I do seem to recall a thread discussing it getting closed on the rumor board but he seemed like a good guy.

184. In honor of Ryan (and I agree with him), The Country Bears!
DH loves the Country Bears, and was terribly disappointed when they weren’t in MK as a character stop for MW 2020. When we caught sight of them on the highway, he was so pleased. We ran right over to get in their line for a picture.

I also wondered what happened to cause Ryan to disappear off the Boards. Any of you who are in touch with him, please pass along to him that we miss him here.

I also wondered what happened to cause Ryan to disappear off the Boards. Any of you who are in touch with him, please pass along to him that we miss him here.
He is on Strava (under his real name) if you want to reach out to him there. He does say that he misses the rD part of DISboards the most.

Last edited:
If you all remember yulilin from other areas of the boards, same thing happened to her as Ryan. I had noticed at one time she wasn’t commenting and found her profile unavailable, so reached out on her YouTube channel. She said at the time she was going to stay active there, but I haven’t seen any new videos since.

If you all remember yulilin from other areas of the boards, same thing happened to her as Ryan. I had noticed at one time she wasn’t commenting and found her profile unavailable, so reached out on her YouTube channel. She said at the time she was going to stay active there, but I haven’t seen any new videos since.
Two of my favorites. So sad.

Good morning, runDisney all-stars! We are 170 days away from the start of marathon weekend.

For this week’s Sundays are for Disney, what is your favorite food in all of Disney World? Snack, drink, entree, etc. Doesn’t matter, but it has to be one.

My choice is the seafood gumbo at Boma. I’ve only had it once, but it was hands down the most delicious thing I’ve eaten at WDW.

Honorable Mention: Honey coriander wings (Ohana); turkey leg

Have a great week, everyone!

For this week’s Sundays are for Disney, what is your favorite food in all of Disney World? Snack, drink, entree, etc. Doesn’t matter, but it has to be one.

That's brutally hard! It's like when my kids ask us which one (of the four!) is our favorite. How am I supposed to answer that?!? :teeth: If I have to pick ONE food, I'd go with the Potjie Inspired combo from Sanaa. I think I picked the Goan Seafood Curry with the Chickpea Wat and rice. It was awesome.

SAFD: I agree, picking just one is too hard. I’ll go with Dole Whip. DH says the pancakes at the Grand Floridian Cafe. Honorable mention goes to the Triple Suns Breakfast Wrap at Ronto Roasters and the Felucian Kefta and Hummus Garden Spread at Docking Bay 7. If I think about it any more, I’ll have to keep adding to the list, so I’ll reluctantly stop there.

SAFD: Dole Whip swirl (pineapple and vanilla) float. There was a time they discontinued this in the parks and I had to go to the Pineapple Lanai at Poly to get it, but they've wisely brought it back to Adventureland.

Tacos de Barbacoa, with hot sauce in La Csntina. It is surprisingly good for a restaurant taco, good spices, great tortilla. It is not my grandmother’s tortillas (but nothing is). Always a must do for me when in Epcot.

Honorable mention Dole Whip Float with OJ. So refreshing on a hot day, or a cold day for that matter!

SAFD: I don’t have kids, but would you have me choose between these two faces?
92CF398D-CDEF-4831-87C8-C56A33C04C74.jpeg

If I must choose, I’ll go with the Bread Service at Sanaa. It encapsulates the most flavors into one and has some nice heat that many Disney dishes don’t dare add.

Since the Honorable Mention Pandora’s Box was opened:
-Green Curry Shrimp at Tusker House
-Softshell Crab Bao Bun at Morimoto Asia (might not be on current menu)
-Hand-dipped Corn Dog at Sleepy Hollow (when available)
-Gaston’s Cinnamon Roll
-Sliced Beef and Hearty Salad bowl at Satuuli Canteen
-Anything from Les Halles

SAFD: Can't say I have a single favorite--something that I would want to eat every time I was there, but I have enjoyed a few things that I would be happy to eat again.....Bread Pudding at Raglan, Grain Bowls at Satu'li, Cheddar Cheese soup at Le Cellier, and even though it can now be found outside Disney--Pineapple Dole Whip (in any of its wondrous forms)

And I have to make at least one plug for Club Cool. Where else do you get to try unique soda flavors from around the world for free? It is truly a one-of.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter