Marathon Weekend 2022

SAFD: I go through spells with must have food. Popcorn is my #1 food right now followed by the Cinnamon Caramel Apple ice cream in France. I will gladly skip a meal and eat one of those snacks instead 😬

SAFD: fruit and Nutella waffle from sleepy hollow. We usually have it as a mid morning snack and it’s the perfect pick me up to get me through to lunch

honorable mention: Mickey pops, cheddar cheese soup at le cellier, chocolate mousse at les halles and popcorn!

SAFD:
Chicken Carbonara Rosa at the San Angel Inn in the Mexico Pavilion.
Not sure it's still on the menu?
It was awesome along with a margarita rocks & the nocturnal Mexican atmosphere.
Lunch version saved a few bucks over the dinner version.
Slip in for an early dinner.
Good times!

Might want to have a separate week for Food & Wine items?
Mine would be the Scallops at the Scotland Pavilion/stand.
Yes ...Scotland!

Sorry to ask about Proof of Time again, but did we ever get a confirmation on when the deadline for submitting that will be? Club registration starts tomorrow. I would have thought that would be posted by now.

Sorry to ask about Proof of Time again, but did we ever get a confirmation on when the deadline for submitting that will be? Club registration starts tomorrow. I would have thought that would be posted by now.

Deadline for POT submission is 10/12/21.

We don't know the POT cutoff, or submittable race date window yet officially. This post from @ZellyB has the most likely info for the other parts (link).

Half marathon of 2 hours or less or full in 4 hours or less. Result submitted by October 12. Race must be run between January 1, 2019 through September 30, 2021.

Guess we'll know for sure tomorrow when someone on here registers via Club runDisney and is able to share the information, or the website is updated once the Club runDisney registration goes live.

Deadline for POT submission is 10/12/21.

View attachment 590797

We don't know the POT cutoff, or submittable race date window yet officially. This post from @ZellyB has the most likely info for the other parts (link).

Half marathon of 2 hours or less or full in 4 hours or less. Result submitted by October 12. Race must be run between January 1, 2019 through September 30, 2021.

Guess we'll know for sure tomorrow when someone on here registers via Club runDisney and is able to share the information, or the website is updated once the Club runDisney registration goes live.

Glad it is October. The only half I've done since 1/1/2019 was one of my slowest and my next one is 9/11.

I am confused by the proof of time discussion. I assume you are not saying a sub-4:00 POT is required to get into the race. So what exactly are we talking about? Thanks!

Cool beans... I don't like cutting it this close, but I'm planning a tune up half on Oct. 3rd. The half I ran last year was measured, but for some reason didn't get their USATF certification. I did well, too. Oh, well!

Be aware, the @ZellyB email that her friend got shows the race date cutoff was Sept 30th 2021. So while they allow changes to POT up until 10/12/21, there does seem to be a gap between last allowable race date and POT submission cutoff. The same gap of time appears for Wine and Dine as well.

I am confused by the proof of time discussion. I assume you are not saying a sub-4:00 POT is required to get into the race. So what exactly are we talking about? Thanks!

You do not need to run a sub-2 for a HM or a sub-4 M to get into the runDisney races. The submission of a Proof of Time (POT) is merely a means of seeding runners in the corrals or holding areas prior to the race starting. So those that have a POT under the cutoff will be seeded closer to the start. Those that do not have a POT will be seeded further from the start line based on an estimated pace you submit on your registration (or can edit as well up until the race date).

If for example, you submitted an estimated finish time of a 5:00-5:30 hr marathon. Then it is presumed you will be placed in Corral F (or its equivalent based on how Club runDisney is handled). Whereas if you had a POT under 2 hrs, let's say a 1:20 15k, then you would be placed in Corral B. The above graphic is theoretical and does not yet represent the known POT cutoff for the M, Goofy, or Dopey.

The following posts answer your question in more detail.

POT (Proof of Time) Race Equivalency Cutoff Confirmed Times

Be aware, the @ZellyB email that her friend got shows the race date cutoff was Sept 30th 2021. So while they allow changes to POT up until 10/12/21, there does seem to be a gap between last allowable race date and POT submission cutoff. The same gap of time appears for Wine and Dine as well.

You do not need to run a sub-2 for a HM or a sub-4 M to get into the runDisney races. The submission of a Proof of Time (POT) is merely a means of seeding runners in the corrals or holding areas prior to the race starting. So those that have a POT under the cutoff will be seeded closer to the start. Those that do not have a POT will be seeded further from the start line based on an estimated pace you submit on your registration (or can edit as well up until the race date).

View attachment 590806

If for example, you submitted an estimated finish time of a 5:00-5:30 hr marathon. Then it is presumed you will be placed in Corral F (or its equivalent based on how Club runDisney is handled). Whereas if you had a POT under 2 hrs, let's say a 1:20 15k, then you would be placed in Corral B. The above graphic is theoretical and does not yet represent the known POT cutoff for the M, Goofy, or Dopey.

The following posts answer your question in more detail.

POT (Proof of Time) Race Equivalency Cutoff Confirmed Times
Yep. I ran the WDW Marathon in 2013 and 2016. But I keep seeing people post things specifically about a sub-2 half or a sub-4 full, and it sounded like they were saying they were hosed without that, which was confusing to me.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter