Marathon Weekend 2021

Could it be -multiple servers, you get put in the queue on different ones, and it depends on the speed of those ahead of you on each particular server as to how long you wait for your turn???

That may explain it. Because as soon as I got done registering three of the other screens opened up. So they could have been on a different server.

Now that I'm calming down some I'm realizing my issue isn't so much isn't its a randomize queue though I'm not entirely happy about that. My issue is they don't tell you that. I would rather know I'm in a randomized queue so I can set my expectations accordingly then be sideswiped and find it out via another runner getting lucky.

Now that I'm calming down some I'm realizing my issue isn't so much isn't its a randomize queue though I'm not entirely happy about that. My issue is they don't tell you that. I would rather know I'm in a randomized queue so I can set my expectations accordingly then be sideswiped and find it out via another runner getting lucky.

I'm right there with you. I got my wife registered for the half and me for Dopey and got as far as the final screen (confirmation) and got shut out due to Dopey being filled. It wouldn't even let me proceed just with my wife's registration, which I had to restart. I tried again to get her registered, and got shut out on that too. So infuriating. Looks like no marathon weekend for us, unless more slots are released. I've got to believe the fields are much smaller, given how long registration was open for the last several weekends, and now this instant sell-out. The conspiracy side of me thinks maybe they're trying to inflate the appearance of demand so more people will join Club RunDisney as a hedge against missing future races? :confused3

Well, I registered for Mickey #11.

And this definitely was not my plan -- after last year's heat fest, I said I would never do it again. But then the cool weather arrived in Florida and training was going well, and I had two really good half marathons -- in beautiful 45 degree weather, of course. So, I signed up for the Marine Corps Marathon in October. And I planned to race the Donald HM this year to PR and compete for an age group award.

I had 2 laptops ready today, plus my phone. 4 different browsers (Chrome, Firefox, IE, and Edge). Starting at 9:50 am ET, I kept refreshing and finally entered the queue -- in each browser -- at 9:59. And then no progress until 10:25 when the IE browser connected -- only to let me know the HM is sold out.

Maybe we will get lucky this year -- like 2017 and 2018 -- and have nice cool weather. It's always good to have hope! And I definitely know the routine ... and the course. You can't BQ running Donald, so maybe this is the year I finally make it to Boston...

Congrats to everyone who registered!

I'm right there with you. I got my wife registered for the half and me for Dopey and got as far as the final screen (confirmation) and got shut out due to Dopey being filled. It wouldn't even let me proceed just with my wife's registration, which I had to restart. I tried again to get her registered, and got shut out on that too. So infuriating. Looks like no marathon weekend for us, unless more slots are released. I've got to believe the fields are much smaller, given how long registration was open for the last several weekends, and now this instant sell-out. The conspiracy side of me thinks maybe they're trying to inflate the appearance of demand so more people will join Club RunDisney as a hedge against missing future races? :confused3
i completely forgot clubrundisney was a thing. i wonder how thats going with everything going on.

Reaching out to one of the charities now. This morning was complicated by our credit card declining despite having just checked last week that we would be good. And of course today there like ‘Well I can make it so it goes through.’ After the decline shut me out..,

Doesn't clubrundisney only give you guaranteed to one distance in the weekend s that wouldn't help for goofy/dopey?

Ugh. I'd hoped to make my return to the boards with a post about signing up for Marathon weekend today (a family emergency in February, massive amounts of work in March, and a COVID-19 diagnosis and subsequent recovery in April kept me away...), but no such luck.

I guess I'll just keep an eye on it to see if anything eventually opens up and start training as though it will. lol

I had 2 browsers open, at exactly 10:00 this morning. (I missed the early registration for DVC members). Firefox opened up first at 10:10, and I registered for my first Run Disney 5K. I haven't really RUN in years, since my last knee surgery, but I'm an avid walker. Do you have to literally Jog/Run, or can you walk at a really good pace for the entire 5K?
We're usually in WDW/DVC during race weekend, and we enjoy seeing all the runners, their attire, and the Disney Medals, so it will be exciting to finally participate!
I hope everything is back to normal by 2021!
Any good tips for this new-bee ??
I’m planning on mostly walking the 5k and the 1/2 due to bad knee.
so far I can walk 6k in a 15:30 pace with no spirts of jogging and 14:30 with a few jogging spirts. Since Disney Runs are supposed to be fun, you want to stop for a few pics right? So you don’t want to train to simply make the 16 minute but a little lower pace. suggest start by walking only, gradually increasing the duration then add a few spirts of slow jogging, and so on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter