Marathon Weekend 2021

I registered for my first marathon AND first runDisney event during early registration last Thursday! So glad I did! I'd been getting inside my head about everything going on, "will it be safe, what will it look like, oh no, it won't be like I expected thanks to this virus," etc. Then I realized...just do it. I've been planning this for 2 years, and some things are just beyond our control. If I decide the situation isn't safe in January, I'll eat the $$. It is what it is. My daughter was able to register too! Aw, but my coworkers who have been planning this with me didn't even try today because we all thought the marathon wouldn't sell out. Obviously we haven't been on the boards to see that Disney is limiting bibs. 😆 It's all good, glad I decided to go for it! Congrats to everyone who got in!

I registered for my first marathon AND first runDisney event during early registration last Thursday! So glad I did! I'd been getting inside my head about everything going on, "will it be safe, what will it look like, oh no, it won't be like I expected thanks to this virus," etc. Then I realized...just do it. I've been planning this for 2 years, and some things are just beyond our control. If I decide the situation isn't safe in January, I'll eat the $$. It is what it is. My daughter was able to register too! Aw, but my coworkers who have been planning this with me didn't even try today because we all thought the marathon wouldn't sell out. Obviously we haven't been on the boards to see that Disney is limiting bibs. 😆 It's all good, glad I decided to go for it! Congrats to everyone who got in!
It will be perfectly safe. Have a great run!

OKAY Dan1 - I'll try to keep pace with you.
I'll be your wing man! :earboy2:
THANKS!
ET:darth:
Per my wife’s direction (she’s a Dopey Gal) I’m going out 5 to 6 days a week ..... at least that’s the plan. And, sure, watching my food / drink intake. Don’t want to waste the registration fees! 🤪

I've been doing rD for four years now and that's the fastest I've seen any weekend sell completely out, except MAYBE 2017 Princess. They must really be limiting numbers!
That’s my theory re social distancing in the corrals and at the finish.

Question on the races. RunDisney list awards for the various age groups and sex. What is the award, a paper award that you print out? I don't want to push training unless the "trophy" is worth it. Thanks

I know of one TA that says they did not sell all of their initial block. I’m not sure if the board rules will let me post their name here. I am not affiliated with them or any TA, but I wanted to pass on the info for anyone who didn’t get in.

When mentioning any site, use the whole URL. If that particular site is blocked it’ll be starred/asterisked out.

Congrats to everyone that got in. I didn’t try for this one as I’m registered for w&d. I doubt that one will happen though so I’ll probably sit out until next years w&d and then be back for dopey 2023. Or maybe I’ll do both in 2022...

Question on the races. RunDisney list awards for the various age groups and sex. What is the award, a paper award that you print out? I don't want to push training unless the "trophy" is worth it. Thanks
Winners get a mickey statue trophy. Any age group placements get a small-medium sized plaque with the race, age group, and place in that age group on it.

When mentioning any site, use the whole URL. If that particular site is blocked it’ll be starred/asterisked out.
Oh. Thank you for this information. I saw there was a policy about advertising though so I want to be careful. Especially as I am not affiliated with anyone. I don’t want to give the wrong impression.

I know of one TA that says they did not sell all of their initial block. I’m not sure if the board rules will let me post their name here. I am not affiliated with them or any TA, but I wanted to pass on the info for anyone who didn’t get in.

That would be very odd. The TAs have been very clear that they no longer get an individual allocation of bibs. They all draw from the same pool of bibs and once they’re gone they’re gone. I’d be interested to know what was different about this TA that still has availability.

Looks like most were successful this morning. Sorry to those who weren’t.

Here’s hoping for some medical advancements and more slots opening later this year for those that missed.

I think a lot is going to depend on how some of the big fall races go. Like I said a few weeks ago I don't think rundisney is going to set a trend but follow what places like BAA, ATC, NYCRR do. So I think they are going to see how boston marathon, New york marathon, obviously their own W&D, and the peachtree road race go and what changes are made to those and then make decisions from there. So makes sense to cap it for now and watch in the fall and go from there. There are still no guarantees boston, new york, etc. are going to happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter