Marathon Weekend 2021

Welp, totally forgot about this and now both of my potential races are sold out. First time in several years I won't be doing a January race

UGH, got shut out. It's my fault and I acknowledge that. But just curious, has the marathon sold out this quickly in the recent past? I seem to remember in my previous research, that there were some years were marathon bibs was still available in the fall.

I was wondering if it's faster because they lowered the number of bibs sold for social distancing reasons.

Ugh. I'd hoped to make my return to the boards with a post about signing up for Marathon weekend today (a family emergency in February, massive amounts of work in March, and a COVID-19 diagnosis and subsequent recovery in April kept me away...), but no such luck.

I guess I'll just keep an eye on it to see if anything eventually opens up and start training as though it will. lol
Sorry registration did not work out. But glad to hear you recovered from Covid, hope you are feeling better!

I know of one TA that says they did not sell all of their initial block. I’m not sure if the board rules will let me post their name here. I am not affiliated with them or any TA, but I wanted to pass on the info for anyone who didn’t get in.

Sorry registration did not work out. But glad to hear you recovered from Covid, hope you are feeling better!

Thank you! I'm doing much better (about 5 weeks out from my initial symptoms at this point). I've been fever free for five whole days and able to stop isolating from the rest of the family, which feels like a miracle.

Hopefully I can kick myself into gear and do a short write-up of my COVID journey when I pick my training journal back up. I definitely feel like I'm starting from square one with running after being flat on my back for a month with all the associated breathing difficulties. Should make for an interesting journey back to racing form! :sunny:

I know of one TA that says they did not sell all of their initial block. I’m not sure if the board rules will let me post their name here. I am not affiliated with them or any TA, but I wanted to pass on the info for anyone who didn’t get in.

I should add that I’m a lurker not a poster. :)

I'm not sure what the rules are myself but I'm looking for anything to get me a Dopey bib that won't put me way over my head race cost wise. I found two possible lead but I haven't heard back yet. PM me I guess.

I’m trying figure out how to DM. Maybe I don’t have enough posts yet?

@StarGirl11 check your Twitter please. I can’t post again for awhile as a newbie.

Last edited:
You have to do 10 posts. Go post over on the board elsewhere a few more times and you should be good.

Wow...going through the gambit of emotions right now.

• Was anxious watching the spinning...why is it taking so long. How the heck did other people get the links to show up in their browser before 10am EST? It is 15 minutes after the hour...I am sure I will not get in.
  • Panic when it let me in...why are my fingers not working? What is my name...LOL. Why are they asking me so many questions?
  • Doubt when it said my CC information could not be used. Had to go back and enter it again....there is no way it will accept my registration!
  • Shock when it said thank you....am I reading this right? I made it! Virtual high-fives all around.
  • Cycle back to Panic...what did I just do? I have never run that distance before. I need to get on my training....I need help with my training. I don't know how to run anymore...LOL.

Congratulations to all those that got in. I am sorry for those that were not so lucky.

Hahaha - that was me !! It's enough to make you doubt yourself through every step, and I overlooked the phone number for my emergency contact and thought for sure I was screwed, but it didn't kick me out! :goodvibes

You can walk as long as you maintain 16 minute/mail from when the last person starts. Now that is the published number but for the 5k they are normally pretty lenient. The main reason they are strict on some fo the other races is geting the parks open but 5k is so early in the morning and shorter that they can be more lenient and still get parks open on time.

I have done dopey and I often walk some of the 5 and 10k when doing that to save energy for the half and full.

Okay, cool!
Thanks for the information.
I can definitely keep that pace, usually do 10-12 minute miles when walking with DW. :thumbsup2

ET:darth:

Congratulations to everyone who made it through registration this morning! I was anxiously watching while trying to keep my emotions in check....Princess Half Marathon Weekend 2020 was my first event and now I’m hooked! (THANK YOU to everyone for all of your amazing advice. I’ve been lurking for far too long and living vicariously through all of your past runDisney races. After following last years Marathon Weekend thread I knew the Dopey challenge was in my future) When I got shut out of Wine & Dine, my new plan was for Dopey 2021. AP registration did not go in my favor and I have been overthinking what to do ever since. I decided I am going to wait and see what happens. If conditions improve and more bibs become available- I will try and snag one. Otherwise it’s back to following all of you from here and I will join you in 2022!

I’m planning on mostly walking the 5k and the 1/2 due to bad knee.
so far I can walk 6k in a 15:30 pace with no spirts of jogging and 14:30 with a few jogging spirts. Since Disney Runs are supposed to be fun, you want to stop for a few pics right? So you don’t want to train to simply make the 16 minute but a little lower pace. suggest start by walking only, gradually increasing the duration then add a few spirts of slow jogging, and so on.

OKAY Dan1 - I'll try to keep pace with you.
I'll be your wing man! :earboy2:
THANKS!
ET:darth:

Wow - all 6 races and challenges sold out on opening day; has that ever happened?! Clearly, rD was not joking around when they told people who called that race caps were lowered. I would really love to know what they were lowered to.

I'm very glad I went ahead and grabbed the marathon last week after getting shut out of Dopey: I had things come up and couldn't have registered in time today. Assuming all goes as planned (NO WHAMMIES!!!), I'm planning to social distance pre-race by logging some extra mileage and making it a 50K Ultra Mickey. Oh boy!!

Do you think they've lowered the capacity limits? OR do you think there's a pent up demand for all things Disney, and we're all hoping for some
Disney-Magic-Pixie-Dust for 2021?

All of the above! Some folks who contacted rD after the AP/DVC early registration last week received replies that said they were limiting registrations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter