Marathon Weekend 2021

Sending lots of love and good vibes to everyone ... I know so many of y'all were really looking forward to this, and while I think it was the right decision, I'm still heartbroken for you.

Marathon weekend 2022 is gonna be epic, though. I hope I can make it down for that one!

Welp...

I'm sad but not surprised. I'm going to take the refund, cancel my room, and change my flight so I can go to Sarasota with my parents and brother for a week in February instead.

I'll use 2021 to focus on half marathons and building up some speed so I can get POT for 2022.

At the moment, I’m still planning on going. I usually don’t choose to do virtual events, but with Daisy on the Half I was considering maybe sticking with Goofy, BUT I want the half shirt, and that’s a lot more money for just the shirt!
Maybe I’ll not do the challenge and do the Half and Marathon separately??? I don’t know.... That’s still a lot of money for a virtual... But I’m not missing the Dopey registration money at the moment... These are the thoughts going through my head. 😂

Sending lots of love and good vibes to everyone ... I know so many of y'all were really looking forward to this, and while I think it was the right decision, I'm still heartbroken for you.

Marathon weekend 2022 is gonna be epic, though. I hope I can make it down for that one!
I was sitting out Marathon Weekend this year, planning on doing Dopey and Castaway Cay Challenge next year, and now I feel like the competition for spots in 2022 is going to be fierce.

I'm not going to do the virtual. Too expensive and I don't really like virtual races.

In the end like I said a few times I don't think disney wanted to be in the first batch of races coming back which would be why they went on and removed princess too. This is good since it lets them focus on the races they think they can do. Also matches what ATC said when they said they think in-person races are going to be challenging through Q1. Could also be that they would have to modify things so much (no M&G, likely no bands and stuff on the course) that it wouldn't really be a disney race anymore so wasn't worth doing.

We've also been seeing signs from WDW like the water park announcement that they may be targeting march/april as when they want to try to start returning to normal and this announcement would fit with that timeframe. Let other races be the first and see how things go and then come back later and April I think is very possible.

So Star Wars now is "A New Hope"

I'm disappointed, as this was my first time registering. 💩
I don't know if I want to do the virtual option ? (Has anyone ever done that)??
The only possible bright side of this might be that someone cancels their DVC stays at BWV or AKL-V, and I can get my wait-list wish.:goodvibes

I'm disappointed, as this was my first time registering. 💩
I don't know if I want to do the virtual option ? (Has anyone ever done that)??
The only possible bright side of this might be that someone cancels their DVC stays at BWV or AKL-V, and I can get my wait-list wish.:goodvibes

I'm done the virtual star wars but only because of kessell run. I personally don't like them. With no accountability or verification it's basically just paying for a medal. And at the disney prices not worth it for me. Your Milage may very though.

I did laugh at the included mile markers. Are you supposed to go lay out mile markers on your course first? The only place I could do a marathon is a long and very popular trail called silver comet. I couldn't get to the locations to lay them out in advance and if they did they'd likely be gone before I got there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter