Marathon Weekend 2020

I’m moving to Florida in July, so hoping for lots of rundisney in the next year! Hoping to be in for at least the 2019 marathon, maybe even Dopey or Goofy. I’d like to complete a marathon a bit more comfortably before I do it in combo with other races. This one was a struggle. I’m looking for something in the fall perhaps.

I’m moving to Florida in July, so hoping for lots of rundisney in the next year! Hoping to be in for at least the 2019 marathon, maybe even Dopey or Goofy. I’d like to complete a marathon a bit more comfortably before I do it in combo with other races. This one was a struggle. I’m looking for something in the fall perhaps.

Space Coast at the end of November is a good late fall race. It'll also get you nicely in shape for Goofy or Dopey seven weeks later. :)

Should I book a room only reservation now? I didn’t even think about it until I see some of you have already. I wasn’t planning on it until summer when they release 2020 packages. Is it hard to get a room?

I'm DVC so I'll be booking in February at my 11 month window. With Star Wars opening at the end of 2019, I'd go ahead and book something. You can always apply any promotions that come out to the existing reservation later. In fact, you can usually do so online without having to call or cancel and rebook.

Space Coast at the end of November is a good late fall race. It'll also get you nicely in shape for Goofy or Dopey seven weeks later. :)

+1 on this.

I actually did space coast this past November before doing Dopey this year, and it went so well I plan to repeat again this year. Space coast is a lovely course and has great on course support and there's enough of a break between the two races that you have enough time for recovery, but if you train well for space coast you are in great shape for Goofy/Dopey even if life gets busy for the month of December and you can't train as well.

Between a Goofy anniversary medal, and knowing that SWGE will be open, I am most likely IN for Goofy again. I'm DVC so will be booking at my home resort AKL next month - will probably try to change it though at the 7 month window as I don't like being that far away for a race weekend if possible. Just debating right now about pulling my kids out of school for a couple of days to make it a whole family trip!

I think I'm probably in for the full.

I did Dopey this year and I don't think I'll do it again. It was a great experience and I'm happy I did it, but I'm not sure I need to do it again. I didn't like getting up so early for a 5k, and I didn't like the half course. While it is cool to get 6 medals, I'm most proud of my full, and that's what matters most to me.

I’ve got a little bit of FOMO, but the more I discuss it with myself - the FOMO is over missing out spending time with my DIS friends and not so much on the races ... if that makes sense?

I’m just kinda burnt on RunDisney right now - from our resident corral jumping cheater to behavior of participants to “been there, done that” to the courses and themes - I think a break and chance to date other race weekends is going to be beneficial to me and hopefully will make me fall back in love with RunDisney in the future.

I can attest that my 14 month (and counting) hiatus from runDisney has most definitely made me fall back in love with it. I swore I would never do a Florida race cause it was simply too far away and here I am ready to train for a Marathon just so I can justify going to WDW to get my runDisney fix.

Another vote for Space Coast

We moved to FL in July 1986. 90°F every day until December. Our first Half was 2010 Space Coast and the timing for MW in Jan. was excellent. Space Coast course is nice, breakfast is wonderful and combining Space Coast with a cruise after = a great time. A bit rushed when doing Oasis on Sunday but much more relaxed with Dream on Monday.

Last edited:
Still debating on running 2020. Our AP expire in March, and for the first time in years we are not renewing since we are planning a family trip to Ireland and my frequent trips to WDW quickly burn through our travel budget. My other consideration is I did better than expected on the marathon and I’m now only 3 minutes away from a BQ time, so I’m thinking of picking a friendly time course and going for it. We’ll see, I loved this weekend and I’m sure by January we’ll all be missing Disney pretty bad.

Hey guys and gals - self-imposed hiatus is half over. My wife and I agreed to no WDW trips in 2018 and 2019. I am running in the Star Wars half in April, but with no park days.

Right now planning on buying APs with multiple WDW trips in 2020, beginning with a Dopey trip in January. The only possible hang-up is our plan to do a family destination vacation for Christmas this year, and I have no idea where that destination will be, or how long we will be there.

I will be trained for it since I am in the NYC Marathon in November. Fingers crossed.

+1 on this.

I actually did space coast this past November before doing Dopey this year, and it went so well I plan to repeat again this year. Space coast is a lovely course and has great on course support and there's enough of a break between the two races that you have enough time for recovery, but if you train well for space coast you are in great shape for Goofy/Dopey even if life gets busy for the month of December and you can't train as well.

For everyone who mentioned Space Coast- that's been on my list of races to do someday anyway, so it's awesome to hear it's so well- run and supported. I' been wanting to visit the Kennedy Space Museum for a while now so it'd be nice to do the race at the same time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter