I am only running the full, but I’m leaning towards no costume. My first full, so my main concern in clothing is being comfortable and I don’t need to add extra stress in finding costume pieces that work. I will probably pack my favorite training outfits for all types of weather: a summer outfit, a fall/spring outfit and a winter outfit, then just decide day of.

Closed out my triathlon season yesterday at the New Orleans 70.3. A week off then marathon specific training begins....

IMG-7013.jpg

IMG-7014.jpg

IMG-7015.jpg

IMG-7004.jpg

IMG-7009.jpg

IMG-7016.jpg

IMG-9824.jpg

SAFD:
If I run with a friend that also signed up, we will likely wear our matching rt "chicks stick together" shirt. Wearing the shirt is what made me not ditch her in our last run together- it seemed hypocritical. If she decides not to train and walk most of the race, I may bust out on my own (this is a bit scary to me, I'd rather not be alone for my first time at the distance) in which case I will likely wear regular running gear so I do not worry about oddly fitting/rubbing things. Even if it is cold there, it will be much colder for the remainder of training, so picking out an outfit and running in it before the race seems unlikely.

This is what ALWAYS happens --
Signs up for Disney race.
Me: I need to come up with a costume for my race!
Weeks go by...
Me: *thinks of some things*
More weeks go by....
Me: *never really commits to a thing*
Race week arrives....
Me: Guess I will wear a sparkle skirt, black tank, matching color compression socks, and Minnie Ears.

I'm just real bad at time management and follow through. With all that being said (and 78 days until I need to have stuff done), this is my plan for now:
5k - Maybe Slinky Dog with @rteetz, but if not, I was planning on doing a Pizza Planet Delivery girl with a pizza in hand to snack on.
10k - If Slinky Dog happens for the 5k, I'll move the PPDG to the 10k. If it doesn't then I guess I need a 10k plan... Maybe Hei Hei? I love that little guy.
Half - Mouseketeer
Marathon - Either Mickey or Minnie (I just kind of want to match the medal and ears). But I am thinking Cheerleader Minnie would be super cute!

This is what ALWAYS happens --
Signs up for Disney race.
Me: I need to come up with a costume for my race!
Weeks go by...
Me: *thinks of some things*
More weeks go by....
Me: *never really commits to a thing*
Race week arrives....
Me: Guess I will wear a sparkle skirt, black tank, matching color compression socks, and Minnie Ears.

I'm just real bad at time management and follow through. With all that being said (and 78 days until I need to have stuff done), this is my plan for now:
5k - Maybe Slinky Dog with @rteetz, but if not, I was planning on doing a Pizza Planet Delivery girl with a pizza in hand to snack on.
10k - If Slinky Dog happens for the 5k, I'll move the PPDG to the 10k. If it doesn't then I guess I need a 10k plan... Maybe Hei Hei? I love that little guy.
Half - Mouseketeer
Marathon - Either Mickey or Minnie (I just kind of want to match the medal and ears). But I am thinking Cheerleader Minnie would be super cute!

I love all of these! But hold on just a second, you are gonna carry an actual PIZZA?!?! That is my new life goal. I wanna carry a pizza in every race, and some cheese sticks from Papa John's too! (please don't judge my choice of pizza, lol).

I love all of these! But hold on just a second, you are gonna carry an actual PIZZA?!?! That is my new life goal. I wanna carry a pizza in every race, and some cheese sticks from Papa John's too! (please don't judge my choice of pizza, lol).
Yup! My plan is to get a small sized pizza box and have a real life pizza in it. Then have a strap on the bottom so I can hold it without dropping it (hopefully). And run and eat pizza and be happy!

I thought we were gonna do Slinky Dog!!!

ipanews_f0065224-44ed-4ea9-bb7c-a77ce21de2da_1

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And everyone will like you because you will be running single file. Have you seen the slinky dog headbands at WDW? Dare I ask who the backside will be?

Yup! My plan is to get a small sized pizza box and have a real life pizza in it. Then have a strap on the bottom so I can hold it without dropping it (hopefully). And run and eat pizza and be happy!

I'm picturing a million hungry zombie runners chasing you and your deliscious pizza! I feel like you are gonna make a lot of friends in the corral!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter