We have a group set up on Strava where you can see people's workouts, enter challenges together, etc. I don't know the link off the top of my head, but I'm sure @DopeyBadger does.
I did download Strava a month ago, I haven't actually used it cause I didn't get the purpose. Can you limit what gets seen so running routes/location aren't visible? I could look I'm sure but I am being lazy.

I post random runs on instagram, that's fun.

I did download Strava a month ago, I haven't actually used it cause I didn't get the purpose. Can you limit what gets seen so running routes/location aren't visible? I could look I'm sure but I am being lazy.

I post random runs on instagram, that's fun.
Yes, you can limit things like that. There is a FAQ that walks you though it. I can see why women would not want that out there.

I like how we all "know" each other here :)

(I was talking about the dis to my husband a few days ago and said "I know it always sounds so weird, but it's not weird!")
I'm always talking to my husband about the Dis. Yesterday he got to see @Keels foot. And he knows all about @rteetz becoming a panda. And if there is some good info from the Running Board QOTD I pass it along. Haha.

I'm always talking to my husband about the Dis. Yesterday he got to see @Keels foot. And he knows all about @rteetz becoming a panda. And if there is some good info from the Running Board QOTD I pass it along. Haha.

Please send him my apologies for that ...
In other news, I now have CDs of all my scans and images. Too bad my MacBook doesn't have a CD drive, so now I can't post them all over my social media.

Yes, you can. As @BuckeyeBama said, there's documentation online which explains how to do it. I'm not sure if you can hide your entire route, but I do know you can hide the starting and ending locations.

Please send him my apologies for that ...
In other news, I now have CDs of all my scans and images. Too bad my MacBook doesn't have a CD drive, so now I can't post them all over my social media.
Who the heck uses CDs anymore?

Apparently the entire healthcare industry? I was really hoping that I would get printouts at least of my x-rays from yesterday, but nope.

I was *thisclose* to posting on my neighborhood FB group if anyone had a PC I could borrow for a hot minute, but then I realized how ridiculous that sounded.

Meeeeeeeee!!!

One of my three computers has a CD drive, which means that every once in a while I get to pull out all of my old CDs and listen to music from the past and get really nostalgic.
(Yes, I know said music from the past is probably all on spotify)

Apparently the entire healthcare industry? I was really hoping that I would get printouts at least of my x-rays from yesterday, but nope.

I was *thisclose* to posting on my neighborhood FB group if anyone had a PC I could borrow for a hot minute, but then I realized how ridiculous that sounded.
Yep, all of my CT scans were given to me on CDs, as well as my MRI. My X-rays have all been goven to me on film. Really behind the times.

Yep, all of my CT scans were given to me on CDs, as well as my MRI. My X-rays have all been goven to me on film. Really behind the times.

I was hoping my x-rays would be on film, but nope - CD. I did get to actually see the creepy standing/weight-bearing CT imaging they did today, so there's that ... :confused3

I joined the group when I joined Strava a few weeks ago. It is cool, but I recognize very few of the other members because I know you all based on your Dis name. :(

It’s far from a complete list, but if you go into the DisBoards Community group an look at the posts, the oldest post is a collection of people announcing their Dis names under their real names.

I really enjoy everyone here. I have nobody in real life that understands my Disney obsession, love of running and combining the two.

I have Strava, but I’ve been super lazy and haven’t looked at it in weeks. I’ve been following runners on Instagram instead because pictures are more fun. I post my own too. I like using that as a running diary because, again, pictures are more fun that stats on my computer screen.

Off topic vent....

My Dairy Queen no longer serves chocolate sprinkles. WTH? I have been good all day and earned myself a vanilla soft serve with chocolate sprinkles :sad:

When I got my scans last year..I went into Best Buy and used one of their demo computers to get the actual images.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter