Marathon Weekend 2018

Sunday Disney Question!

Today's question: What is your favorite resort to either stay at or go to (since I know some of you stay offsite) and why?

Boardwalk is our favorite as its close to our two favorite parks, home to one of our favorite restaurants and the theming is nice. We just bought additional DVC points there just because we love it so much I want the 11 month advantage rather than having to wait for 7 months.

Personally, I also love VGF as the theming is really nice. I like it being near the spa and the bathroom set up for the studios. I also like the the building is small.

Sunday Question:

We have only stayed at values and moderates. We tend to be very active and have put the majority of our vacation funds into a non-Disney vacation club. Those are the trips we slow down and splurge a little. But I can't tell you how many times we have talked about how we should have bought into DVC instead. Too late now!

But we really like Port Orleans Riverside and we also have a soft spot for Pop Century. It was our first resort so just feels like Disney to us. We are "branching out" to the other side of Hourglass Lake for Marathon Weekend and going to AOA. :thumbsup2

My go to resort is Caribbean Beach. I know it doesn't get a lot of love on these boards but I like how it always feels empty even during race weekends. I also enjoy lounging on the hammocks after the races.

Sunday Disney Question!

I hope everyone had a good week! General registration is Tuesday! Glad I don't have to do the frantic rush for that.

Today's question: What is your favorite resort to either stay at or go to (since I know some of you stay offsite) and why?

My answer: My favorite resort is Beach Club. I stayed there in 2016 and loved every second of it. The location. The atmosphere. It was my favorite. Now I have never stayed at a MK resort so that could change.

On site: Animal Kingdom Lodge. The theming is so unique and the food is amazing!

Off site: Marriott grade vista. Our favorite place to stay.

I'm excited to see if beach club can take over AKL as my favorite hotel. We didn't like the contemporary when we stayed there... too busy and too many things going on. The rooms weren't worth the cost. hopefully we like BC :)

I haven't stayed at too many but I do love Riverside, we stayed there a lot when it was Dixie Landings. We usually end up over there once per trip to eat, their Pasta Your Way is my favorite pre-race meal. We resort visit & eat at a lot of different ones each trip.

Beach Club is our favorite. The kids love the pool, and access to Epcot and DHS is very easy. We've stayed in BC four times now, and have loved it every time.

For Marathon Weekend 2018, we have rented points in BCV. Price came out much less than a comparable room in the main BC buildings themselves.

Sunday Question: Wilderness Lodge. Fantastic location and theme throughout. We stayed in the DVC section back in 2004, and thoroughly enjoyed the stay. We stayed in Beach club last year for Marathon weekend, and loved the location, but that was about all.

Sunday Disney Question!

I hope everyone had a good week! General registration is Tuesday! Glad I don't have to do the frantic rush for that.

My answer: My favorite resort is Beach Club. I stayed there in 2016 and loved every second of it. The location. The atmosphere. It was my favorite. Now I have never stayed at a MK resort so that could change.

Favorites are Boardwalk, Beach Club and Yacht Club. For us there is nothing like being within walking distance of two parks. I'm not an Epcot fan except for Wine and Dine time and therefore I give the edge to Boardwalk since it is such an easy walk to DHS.

My family favorite is AOA - loved the theming and the suites. We are staying at the Boardwalk in April, so I'll see how that fares. I also loved the Beach Club but that was a kid-free trip, so that may have some influence.

Port Orleans Riverside and Animal Kingdom lodge have been our favorite places to stay. We love spending time over at the Poly and the Boardwalk the atmosphere of both of those resorts is the best.

Can't decide on a favorite resort! We keep changing it up because we like different resorts at different times for different reasons. On the monorail, I like the theme, transportation options and nostalgia of Poly. But I like the room decor at GF and the bay lake views at CR. At WL, I love the theme, the peaceful vibe, the views from the courtyard rooms, Territory Lounge and the boat to MK. At AKL, I like the lobby, Jiko, the pool area and the price. At Epcot resorts, I love the location and the ability to walk to two parks, especially Epcot. Love the quiet pool at BWI, the room decor at BC, and the near-guaranteed balconies at YC and BWI.

I guess you could say our favorites must be Poly and BC, since those are the two we've stayed at the most. But the renovated YC rooms may change that.

Sunday Disney Question!

Animal Kingdom Lodge. :dog2:

We used to stay at Poly when I was younger, so a couple of years ago we decided to go back. I really missed the birds and the waterfall in the lobby, and it didn't have the same impact. So now it's definitely AKL.

Sunday Disney Question!

I like the Poly for the theming, the Monorail, the restaurants and the history as an original Disney World resort. But I don't like staying at the same resort twice as each one is a new adventure. So far we've stayed at Yacht Club, Poly and POFQ. All wonderful in their unique ways.

My girlfriend and I have a soft spot for The Princess and The Frog, so we love Port Orleans. That's where we're probably going for the Marathon, unless some super deal pops up, and I can get a monorail resort for the same price.

My girlfriend and I have a soft spot for The Princess and The Frog, so we love Port Orleans. That's where we're probably going for the Marathon, unless some super deal pops up, and I can get a monorail resort for the same price.

I think discounts like that are long in the past! The closest you could get would be through DVC rentals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter