Marathon Weekend 2018

Hello fellow Disney Runners! I'll be staying at Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek Saturday night for the marathon, anyone have any pointers in regard to traveling from the hotel to the corrals? We're open to walking if that's a good choice :)
Thanks ahead of time!
I always take the shuttle the Hilton provides. They have a nice send off celebration as they load up.

Reminder on 10k meeting location:

View attachment 292297

I'll have the DIS sign. This morning we ended up just outside the 2nd entrance of gear check. From memory I should be wearing a red W jacket. I was there from about 3:45 to 4:20 and expect similar timing tomorrow. Hope to see everyone!
I think we had just walked too far down. Hopefully we will have better luck tomorrow!
Same here. I think I was looking towards the last of the gear check. I was in the area until just before they opened the corrals. Maybe tomorrow. :)

I am trying to link my bib in my Disney experience so I can get my photos, but it says not a valid photopass ID. Do I have to wait till after the race? I am doing 10k and Marathon.

I am trying to link my bib in my Disney experience so I can get my photos, but it says not a valid photopass ID. Do I have to wait till after the race? I am doing 10k and Marathon.
Nope. I put mine in a few days ago, and the 5k pictures have shown up. I don’t know how to help. :confused3
Maybe it was just having issues today???

@huskies90 you win the determination contest easily. :worship: I would have waved the white flag... I never considered driving but now that I think about it, it doesn't sound so bad. Our trip altogether tomorrow morning will take almost 15 hours, and it's a 19 hour drive. Hmmm.

Are you 100% sure you don’t have typos or are missing a leading zero (if your bib is 4 numbers)?? I couldn’t figure it out for Tink and it took me an embarrassing number of tries to realize I was typo’ing. :oops:
Or maybe people could just not be jerks when they post? The negativity on this forum in recent weeks has been kind of surprising. It’s Disney, people!
Right?? Is it the lack of sunlight or something? Sheesh. :confused3

You shouldn't have to. I forgot to link the pics early. When I did type in the codes my 5K pics appeared. Not all of them have appeared yet. Also sentt a pm for tomorrow

DH got this for my bib number for the marathon a few days ago. I’m going to try again.

So... speaking of photopass pictures. I ended up getting one of an older male runner in my collection because he had a similar bib number to mine. Now I’m using it to tell people I just did a really good job at my costume.

I know there used to be a way to report that the photo isn’t of you, I don’t know if it’s still around. It actually was a pretty decent picture

Was the official merch all gone? Recall hearing selection was nada at times yesterday. (thinking about doing this weekend in the future)

I’m not entirely sure what was there to begin with and whether anything had sold out. There did appear to be a pretty “normal” selection of gear for each race remaining.

Sorry for the late reply, went into a movie just after posting earlier and just saw your post.

Did anyone get one of the hoodies? I saw photos of a few and was curious about the fabric and fit. They look kind of sharp and I’m a sucker for a good hoodie.

Looking ahead to next year, that is. I wouldn’t want anyone to get the idea that I want them to pick me up a hoodie. ;)
I wanted to get a dopey one but they were all gone when I arrived. I ended up with a marathon zip up which I think I like better anyways.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter