Marathon Weekend 2018

GO TEAM POP!

I Sprained by ribs on my right side this weekend (ok, the muscles between the ribs). Luckily no break or fracture to the ribs themselves.
Just hurts sitting down or standing up or laying except on my back.
Doc put me on some muscle relaxants and said no running, exercise, or lifting over 5 pounds for the next 3 weeks.
So I guess my training is done. LOL It is what it is at this point. told I couldn't do my half this coming weekend I had planned.
I can walk, so there will definitely be some long hikes over the next 3 weeks.
Not too worried about the first 3 races, the full will be interesting. did all 3 races for Wine and Dine and for Superhero's.
But at this point, if I need to walk more, I will walk more. and skip. and hop. and sing. and dance.
Just need to make sure I have enough cushion in my time for Expedition Everest and hopefully Tower of Terror.
Normally 11:30-12 m/m so if I can run the first half of the full, figure I will be OK.
The first 2 WDW Marathons I did I was so focused on the race that I didn't enjoy it as much as I could have. Not gonna be a problem this time! LOL

Not looking for sympathy, just sharing the journey. Love all the awesome nerds on here and cant wait for January to get here.
Moral of the story, we all got this. We have put in miles. We will be around a ton of amazing and supportive people. We can not change what we have done up to this point.
We just need to go out there and have fun. (and a beer or margarita)

Happy Birthday Walt...

original-e1417785710219.jpg

First time poster and first time for Dopey!
I'm staying at OKW and looking forward to the runs. Not looking for add to the early starts!
What time is best to be leaving OKW? Will there be a lot of runners staying here?
I am staying at OKW too, but it is my first time staying there. When I have done other Disney races in the past, I always try to be on one of the first buses out--I've just heard stories of drivers getting lost, massive traffic, etc. and I'd rather arrive too early instead of too late.

I am staying at OKW too, but it is my first time staying there. When I have done other Disney races in the past, I always try to be on one of the first buses out--I've just heard stories of drivers getting lost, massive traffic, etc. and I'd rather arrive too early instead of too late.
Our driver did get lost this year coming from OKW! We were on one of the first buses. It’s funny- you take a left out of OKW and you can literally see the marathon corrals but the bus driver managed a wrong term and took us on the 25 minute scenic route. Everything worked out fine- we had left with plenty of time and it was longer we got to sit on the warm bus vs out in the cold.

First time poster and first time for Dopey!
I am staying at OKW and looking forward to the runs. Not looking for add to the early starts!
What time is best to be leaving OKW? Will there be a lot of runners staying here?
We are also at OKW. Check out @rteetz spreadsheet above (or when he revises it). There are a few of us staying there and I am sure probably others who are not Dis'ers. Wherever I stay, I try to be on the first bus, just in case of a problem like @emilyindisney described. Peace of mind is a precious thing!

Thanks for the help everyone. Looks like the cutoff for corral A was within corral E and for corral B within corral H. Follow-up:

1) @camaker, @FFigawi, @VAfamily1998 were in Corral E. What were your bib #s for last year? You can give me as little digits or PM me if desired.
2) @Keels, @Disney at Heart, @MissLiss279 were in Corral H. What were your bib #s for last year? You can give me as little digits or PM me if desired.
3) @mrsg00fy, @MommaoffherRocker, @swade95, @sammykster, @sjt22 - you were all in corrals for Dopey last year that will help determine more cutoffs. Can I hear your corral breakdown? You can PM if desired.

Thanks again everyone!

@RENThead09 Sorry about your ribs. I had that happen from a bike spill. It is amazing how painful that is. And how much everyone keeps telling you to breathe deeply to avoid potential pneumonia. Hope your ribs heal quickly.

Thanks for the help everyone. Looks like the cutoff for corral A was within corral E and for corral B within corral H. Follow-up:

1) @camaker, @FFigawi, @VAfamily1998 were in Corral E. What were your bib #s for last year? You can give me as little digits or PM me if desired.
2) @Keels, @Disney at Heart, @MissLiss279 were in Corral H. What were your bib #s for last year? You can give me as little digits or PM me if desired.
3) @mrsg00fy, @MommaoffherRocker, @swade95, @sammykster, @sjt22 - you were all in corrals for Dopey last year that will help determine more cutoffs. Can I hear your corral breakdown? You can PM if desired.

Thanks again everyone!
Sent you a PM! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter