Marathon Weekend 2017!

I'll say it. I find the second half more fun than the first. I enjoy the WWoS section, DHS, beer stop at mile 24, the fans at BC/YC, and the loop through Epcot.
Beer stop?? I definitely need to find this. Every year I do the Boston Marathon, I stop & get a Dixie cup of beer at the bottom o Heartbreak Hill, after all, beer has carbs!

Does anyone have a list of the Host Resorts for the bus transportation? I could not find it on the site?

Others can correct me if I am wrong, but I beleive that all the Disney resorts participate in Marathon Weekend. SO you would be good with which ever.

Has anyone had experience with races being ON HOLD? I've been trying to sign up for 10K since it opened and I'm losing hope :(
Keep trying to refresh, sometimes it takes 10 - 20 minutes or 1/2 a day for the event to open back up.

I was successful registering for the 10K DLR after 40 minutes.

Keep trying

Beer stop?? I definitely need to find this. Every year I do the Boston Marathon, I stop & get a Dixie cup of beer at the bottom o Heartbreak Hill, after all, beer has carbs!

My husband and spectator friends had an ice, cold beer waiting for me right around Mile 24. It was the best thing I'd had in my life ... until @mbwhitti ran ahead and got us a Grand Marnier slush to share in the World Showcase.

My husband and spectator friends had an ice, cold beer waiting for me right around Mile 24. It was the best thing I'd had in my life ... until @mbwhitti ran ahead and got us a Grand Marnier slush to share in the World Showcase.

That's where my wife & friends have our cooler too. They're on the steps at BW leading down to the path the race runs on. Might be more difficult this year if we stay at Poly, though I guess we could move it to earlier in the race.

I'm in for the Half Marathon! This will be my second run Disney event (the first being the Star Wars Dark Side 5K earlier this month) and my first half marathon! And this is my first post on this forum too! (After lurking for so long.)

Glad you decided to come out of lurking. Welcome to the thread!

Guess who's Dopey!!!!!!!! I'm so excited

I figured as much. ;) I'm excited for you!

So the 5K and 10K essentially sold out in under 30 minutes considering that they've been on hold for the last hour+?

It was really more like 20 minutes, because they would only be available for extremely short periods of time after that, and even if you refreshed and saw it was available, by the time you moved your mouse and clicked on one of them, it was oftentimes too late.

It annoys me that I couldn't just sign up for all of the races I wanted in one shot. It's ridiculous to make you go back into the hold for multiple races... and because of that I didn't get to register for the second race I wanted to do. I'm actually more angry than I probably should be at this....

That's where my wife & friends have our cooler too. They're on the steps at BW leading down to the path the race runs on. Might be more difficult this year if we stay at Poly, though I guess we could move it to earlier in the race.

Hmmmm ... maybe I should just figure out how to keep beer cold in my hydration belt! #Science

Or hide an ice chest in the bushes at BC, since I think Mr. Keels will be fishing the morning of the full this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter