Marathon Weekend 2017!

Has anyone had experience with races being ON HOLD? I've been trying to sign up for 10K since it opened and I'm losing hope :(

10K now says "SOLD OUT". Sorry.

Wonder how long it will take the Half. Didn't if sell out within 24 hours last year?

Does the monorail run before the races? DH and I are running the half and 10k and thinking of booking the poly for the night before the half.

Does the monorail run before the races? DH and I are running the half and 10k and thinking of booking the poly for the night before the half.
I think in recent years it has been running for the half marathon and marathon only - not for the 5K and 10K.
After feeling sad from seeing the 10K sell out so fast and missing out, I opted for the half and now I need someone to talk me off the ledge. This will be my first half!:hyper:
Okay, so this way you get 1. the anniversary medal (20th) and 2. to run down Main Street and through the castle! :) Yay!

After feeling sad from seeing the 10K sell out so fast and missing out, I opted for the half and now I need someone to talk me off the ledge. This will be my first half!:hyper:

You can do it! I did my first half last October just a few months after my first 7 mile race. You have nearly 8 months to build up your endurance and there are lots of great training programs out there. A year from now, you'll be signing up for the full, like me!

Do they allow dogs anywhere? Because I wouldn't be angry to see one of my puppies somewhere ... after I get a beer, of course!

I saw someone with an English Bulldog spectating on the path from DHS to Epcot during the full this year. No idea if it was "allowed" or not, though.

I saw someone with an English Bulldog spectating on the path from DHS to Epcot during the full this year. No idea if it was "allowed" or not, though.

Now we're talking!!! I thought I remember seeing some doggies around Boardwalk, but I could be imagining things.

Oh well - plenty of time to get Little Dog certified as a service dog! :rotfl2:

I'm just glad the Speedway is gone. :)

How many times can I like this? I can't explain it, but the Speedway was no question the worst part of the old course for me. Yuck!

Do they allow dogs anywhere? Because I wouldn't be angry to see one of my puppies somewhere ... after I get a beer, of course!

Puppies! I ran a 10K last fall with our oldest son for the sole purpose of helping him get a better POT for the 2016 GSC. He started to drag at the end and I was just about to run out of non-irritating encouragement for him . . . until I saw the rest of our family cheering on the sidelines with our dog. I yelled, "we'll take her!"

P.S. That race series allows dogs.

Puppies! I ran a 10K last fall with our oldest son for the sole purpose of helping him get a better POT for the 2016 GSC. He started to drag at the end and I was just about to run out of non-irritating encouragement for him . . . until I saw the rest of our family cheering on the sidelines with our dog. I yelled, "we'll take her!"

P.S. That race series allows dogs.

If there was a race where when you finished instead of getting a medal you got jumped by 100 puppies all kissing you on the face, I would run that race every. single. time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter