Marathon Weekend 2017!

I'll say it. I find the second half more fun than the first. I enjoy the WWoS section, DHS, beer stop at mile 24, the fans at BC/YC, and the loop through Epcot.

I'll second that. First half is just a rehash of the Half Marathon, second half feels like new territory and also brings the anticipation of finishing. It may take me a little longer and feel a little more painful because of my terrible/non-existent race plan, but I still enjoy it more.

I'll say it. I find the second half more fun than the first. I enjoy the WWoS section, DHS, beer stop at mile 24, the fans at BC/YC, and the loop through Epcot.

This. I did not hate the WWoS section at all like I thought I would. Into and out of AK was probably my least favorite part, and then the rest is basically the half marathon.

Has anyone ever ran the marathon through a charity? I'm thinking of signing up through JDRF and would love some feedback!

I run with Homes for our Troops. Has been an amazing experience and would definitely recommend to anyone.
I also ran with a different group once before that and it was not as stellar.
Just take time to read what you get and what your commitment is and then have fun with it.

I agree,the World Dr. and Bear Island rd stretches are not my favorites,I even missed running the long speedway this year,it wasn't great but it was something else to look forward to after MK.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the full marathon course @WDW. The second 13.1 is just more emotional for me. I actually enjoy Osceola Pkwy because I start to reflect on the journey as a whole. I don't mind running in WWoS. And I know as soon as I leave DHS and head into the BW, BC/YC resort area and take that first step in Epcot, I'm about to be a sentimental wreck. #tearsofjoybegin

We're excited to be IN! Newbies DH and I will run 5K "with" experienced DD & DSIL, who are also doing the half. (By "with" I mean running the same race. DH and I have no hope of running at their pace! :p)

Many thanks to members of this board for advice on registration - DD & I would not have gotten through it without you!!

I like seeing the cars and the people that own them but I won't miss running the speedway.
I've never been big into cars, so it did nothing for me, except that it was an area of Disney I never would have seen otherwise. I totally get how someone who likes cars/racing would have enjoyed it.

Has anyone had experience with races being ON HOLD? I've been trying to sign up for 10K since it opened and I'm losing hope :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter