Marathon Weekend 2017!

How long does it take for them to update registration info after you update it? I accidentally listed DD26 as male. I went in and changed it but it is still showing male?
Maybe give it a couple of hours for the system to chill out. That's weird that it would be instant though.

All signed-up for Dopey (#4)! DW for 10K!

As an aside - noticed that the Half and Full are the same price ($180). Has that been true in the past? That seems odd to me....almost like the marathon is a "bargain" (by Disney standards)!
I think that has been true, yes.

Has anyone ever ran the marathon through a charity? I'm thinking of signing up through JDRF and would love some feedback!

Nope, but strongly considered it.. For Dopey I would have had to raise 3200 bucks... I was just afraid I wouldnt be able to do that.. If you dont you still 'owe' them the balance from what I understand.

I was already in for the Dopey (deferral)

Today I registered my wife and a friend of hers for the 5k and 10k. Actually finished about 25 minutes ago, but then had to catch up on the thread.

Congrats to everyone registered, and good luck to those still trying.

So, you didn't just do Dopey why? :)

Right knee issues that won't get better ......part of getting old........never done a marathon and knee already giving issues training for a 1/2 on Mothers Day......no way it will stand up to training needed for a full after running a 1/2 the prior day. I won't be literally running '...around the World to cheer them on during the full....'. I'll be making full use of the monorails and buses to follow them around the parks during their Marathon. In Jan 2015 it was really cool to see DW running up Main Street USA in MK to me as I was waiting for her in front of Cindy's :) castle when she was running the 1/2 and I was doing just the 5 & 10K.

As an aside - noticed that the Half and Full are the same price ($180). Has that been true in the past? That seems odd to me....almost like the marathon is a "bargain" (by Disney standards)!
This has been true for the last few years. A true Disney bargain... buy 13.1 miles of fun and get another 13.1 miles for FREE! (I won't dare say the second set will be fun!)

This has been true for the last few years. A true Disney bargain... buy 13.1 miles of fun and get another 13.1 miles for FREE! (I won't dare say the second set will be fun!)

The second half is when it starts to get really fun!!

My goal last year was to enjoy the finish through World Showcase, because the year before I did not one bit. The last 13.1 is a tough one, even though you're running through some of the best parts of the course!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter