Marathon Weekend 2017!

Arrival at WDW or MCO? You'll be hard pressed to get from MCO to the expo in an hour unless everything in on time for your flight and you have no luggage.

At MCO and I was assuming the expo closed at 8:00. But I found a flight that gets in at 4 something so that will eliminate the stress. Now to just get into Dopey. Good luck everyone.

I'm in! My wife and I were going for a repeat of the Star Wars Dark Side challenge until we realized that it's the same weekend as our daughter's First Communion. D'oh!

So, since, we are physically, mentally, and spiritually unable to go a calendar year without a Disney race (First World Problem, for sure), we'd like to do the WDW Half in 2017, and spend the rest of the year training for Dopey 2018!

Hmmmm.... I think I see a good campaign slogan there... DOPEY 2018! When you need something crazier than Goofy!

Don't think I'm looking too far ahead, though. I'm very excited about the 20th anniversary Half. This will be OUR 5th anniversary of our first ever race (which happened to be the 15th WDW Half) in 2012. That Jeff Galloway changed our lives! After that first half marathon, we've gone a bit bonkers. I think our latest tally was 16 Halfs (Halves?), 1 Full Marathon, a handful of 10Ks, and a smattering of 5Ks. Another slogan: RUNNING! An addition I can get behind (and then pass as we reach the Finish Line)!

I'm in! My wife and I were going for a repeat of the Star Wars Dark Side challenge until we realized that it's the same weekend as our daughter's First Communion. D'oh!

So, since, we are physically, mentally, and spiritually unable to go a calendar year without a Disney race (First World Problem, for sure), we'd like to do the WDW Half in 2017, and spend the rest of the year training for Dopey 2018!

Hmmmm.... I think I see a good campaign slogan there... DOPEY 2018! When you need something crazier than Goofy!

Don't think I'm looking too far ahead, though. I'm very excited about the 20th anniversary Half. This will be OUR 5th anniversary of our first ever race (which happened to be the 15th WDW Half) in 2012. That Jeff Galloway changed our lives! After that first half marathon, we've gone a bit bonkers. I think our latest tally was 16 Halfs, 1 Full Marathon, a handful of 10Ks, and a smattering of 5Ks. Another slogan: RUNNING! An addition I can get behind (and then pass as we reach the Finish Line)!

Déjà vu

Just a random question....is the half no longer called the Donald Duck half? It's still Donald themed though yes? Donald medal etc? I hope so. I want that Donald medal! He's my guy!!! This is the first year we have been able to make the time frame work. I'm so excited!!!

Just a random question....is the half no longer called the Donald Duck half? It's still Donald themed though yes? Donald medal etc? I hope so. I want that Donald medal! He's my guy!!! This is the first year we have been able to make the time frame work. I'm so excited!!!
It's never been called that - it's the Walt Disney World Half Marathon. But it's still Donald-themed, yes.

EDIT: So you'll see Donald on the medal, the participant shirt, the race bib, and on any WDW Half Merchandise. :)

Google the recent WDW Half participant shirts if you're nervous. Donald Duck is the star of that show. :)

Half should still be Donald themed. It is the 20th Anniversary of the Half this year and generally Anniversary medals tend to be a little more extravagant, so it may be a good year to finally have the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter