Mandymouse's '5 Days to book a holiday !! .... You Must Be Kidding' Report

Sounds like another wonderful day. We loved the food at Cheese Cake Factory, too. I am in awe that you managed to share some cheese cake and then still had room for dinner later. When we went for a late lunch last year, we did not even manage to finish one course and did not feel like eating for the rest of the day.

Corinna

Once again, thanks for all your comments guys ::yes::

Love your photos especially the rock n roller coaster, really catches the speed.
Have you got used the just the two of you, and leaving the girls at home ?

Yeah, I'm getting used to it Andrea, but would always prefer if they were coming away with us so I didn't have to worry about them (even when they've come with us lately, they pretty much do their own thing). Thankfully we're always keeping in touch with them when we're away, so we always know what they're up to. This Summer they're abandoning (as my eldest would say ;) ) us and heading to California

Great pic of the rock and rollercoaster, and ee breaking down not sure how i would feel getting of it but atleast you got some great pics whilst you were stuck!! BTW how fab r u looking the zumba is really working for you.xxx:goodvibes

:hug: Aww thanks Eloise

I would not have liked having to climb out at the top of EE, I knew there was I good reason I don't ride that one!

I love your necklace from the AK day, where did you get that from?

Thanks Claire, the lovely Sue (mark&sue) bought that necklace for me from her last WDW holiday, I love it ::yes::

Lovely day, cheesecake factory is my to do list

The Cheesecake Factory is on my 'to do every holiday' list now :thumbsup2

Well Mandy, Mandy, Mandy.... because of you and your list minute trips you have made me go and book a late holiday to Florida, not five days, but going in August.... :cool1:

It isn't your fault at all, but you are a great excuse... :rotfl2:

We are going 7th August for 10 nights... staying at Pop Century for 10 nights.. lovely...
The good lady and me are very excited, but we haven't told the kids yet as we had insisted we are not going this year. Looking forward to seeing their face when we show them the tickets....

Do you feel guilty :confused3 ha ha...

Keep up the great trip reports.... they are wonderful... :cool1: pixiedust: :cool1:

You were certainly VERY busy the last few days of your hols!! All that walking up and down EE must have counted for something to burn those extra calories. ;)

The irony of the Cheesecake Factory is that you never have enough room for Cheesecake!! :rotfl: The menu is so massive its ridiculous, but taking it to go is always a good option - somehow it tastes better later too (IMO). Lemon Raspberry is my fav. :thumbsup2 Their small plate menu is really good to order about 4 of them between the 2 of you instead of mains and if you can manage to get there for Sunday brunch it's well worth it. :lovestruc

Thursday 17th May

We had planned to be up early for morning EMH'S at the Magic Kingdom, but Paul's cough now included a very bad cold too. I knew it had been a bad idea to watch Contagion on the plane on the way over, but once I checked that Paul wasn't foaming at the mouth, we caught the bus to the Magic Kingdom, and arrived just before 9am

DSC_4947.jpg

DSC_4949.jpg

DSC_4951.jpg

DSC09127.jpg

DSC_4961.jpg

DSC_4964.jpg

DSC_4977.jpg

DSC_4980.jpg

DSC_4999.jpg

We took the usual photos by the castle, then wandered over to Fantasyland to check on the expansion (not that you could see much). We rode Buzz Lightyear twice (where I won both times), the TTA, watched Mickey's PhilharMagic, and rode Pirates of the Caribbean. In between I popped into the Christmas Shoppe (though I didn't buy anything), I had a Pineapple Float, and we had Rotisserie Chicken at Cosmic Ray's

DSC09135.jpg

DSC09134.jpg

DSC_4992.jpg

DSC_5008.jpg

The forecast today had been rain from 11am, with storms later in the day, and as it was midday and still sunny, we went back to the Pop so Paul could sit out by the pool while I did some washing and made a start on the packing :(

Later in the afternoon we did some souvenir shopping at DTD, and got some bits and bobs at Wal-Mart

Paul had wanted to take photos of Wishes tonight, but he really didn't feel up to it, so we caught the bus to Epcot, where we had dinner in The Land of two Mongolian Chicken, strawberry shortcake for Paul, and I had a delish Pineapple Cupcake

We wandered around World Showcase where we had a lager & cider in the UK, a lager and Kir Royale in France and finally a Moretti & Rosa Regale in Italy

DSC09139.jpg

DSC_5024.jpg

DSC_5031.jpg

DSC_5036.jpg

DSC_5034.jpg

DSC_5038.jpg

DSC_5052.jpg

DSC_5058.jpg

We did some last shopping in MouseGear, then took the bus back to the Pop

We had one last Captain Mai Tai at the pool bar, then it was time for beddy-byes

Another great day, shame Paul was ill, love the comment about Contagion :rotfl2:

More great reports Mandy, those photos are fab. Thanks for the info on the lenses :thumbsup2

Great report Mandy, you will have to put a couple of Pauls photos in the this months photo competition.

I guess he took a tripod with him this trip? Those firework pictures are really sharp.

Hi Mandy!

We were on your cruise too, same dining rotation and same St Maarten tour. We're in the background of a few of your pics. :)

You really got some great shots and it looks like you had an awesome time at the World afterwards. It was great re-living our cruise through your pictures. Thanks a lot for posting all of them.

Diane

Hi Mandy!

We were on your cruise too, same dining rotation and same St Maarten tour. We're in the background of a few of your pics. :)

You really got some great shots and it looks like you had an awesome time at the World afterwards. It was great re-living our cruise through your pictures. Thanks a lot for posting all of them.

Diane

(Hijacks thread and waves at Diane :wave:)

Poor Paul - I didn't realize he'd come down with the dreaded man-flu (aka a cold).

Friday 18th May

We were up around 7am. We finished packing then headed to DownTown Disney to do Virgin check-in. It was quite busy, but we were away with boarding cards in hand by 8.45am

Today was the start of the Star Wars Weekends at Disney Hollywood Studios, it had opened at 8am, but we were pleased to see that the Stormtroopers were still on the roof of the entrance

DSC_5082.jpg

DSC_5080.jpg

DSC_5083.jpg

DSC_5091.jpg

First stop was a FP for Tower of Terror. We then went to see if we could get into Darth's Mall where all the Star Wars merchandise was being sold (area behind ToT and RnRC), but the line was at least 75 minutes long!!!

We wandered around the park, it was very busy, and Paul still didn't feel well, so waiting to see characters wasn't on his to do list, so we grabbed pics of the characters from the side lines

DSC_5103.jpg

DSC_5107.jpg

DSC_5150.jpg

We rode ToT and went to see the Indiana Jones stunt show. The lines for restaurants were very long too, so around 12.30 we left and went back to the Pop Century

DSC_5129.jpg

DSC_5133.jpg

DSC_5134.jpg

DSC_5138.jpg

DSC_5142.jpg

DSC_5141.jpg

DSC_5144.jpg

We still had a few hours to kill, so after grabbing some lunch, we walked over to the bridge that separates the Pop Century and the Art of Animation. Unfortunately the bridge was closed off at the AoA end, but we took a few photos (it looks really nice), then chilled in the sunshine one last time

DSC_5175.jpg

DSC_5170.jpg

DSC_5165.jpg

DSC_5168.jpg

DSC_5169.jpg

DSC_5176.jpg

DSC_5177.jpg

Around 3pm we left and headed for the airport, the journey was uneventful, as was going through security. Once at gate 81, the flight was announced to be on time, so I caught up on my trip report and used the Internet for a while ...

... and that's where my notes end :( We had an uneventful flight, I'm sure I slept through most of it. I watched Contagion again, and I'm sure the people around us wished they hadn't with the amount of coughing Paul was doing :rotfl2:

Thoughts

Well what a fantastic holiday we had. We loved spending our first few days at Port Canaveral and chilling before the Cruise

The Cruise was A-MAZ-ING !! We loved the Disney Fantasy. We met some lovely people and it's great that we've kept in touch. The Castmembers were brilliant too

WDW was lots of fun too, but I think we both feel that the one thing we'd really, really like to do one day is back-to-back Cruises

Thanks everyone for taking the time to read my trip report, I have enjoyed reliving it again on here, especially as it now seems so long ago. Thanks for your comments too ... roll on the next holiday !!!

Hi hun, I just caught up with your whole report, what a fab trip!

The Fantasy looks lovely, great photos & lots of cocktails. :love:

Roll on the next one. :goodvibes

Well Mandy, Mandy, Mandy.... because of you and your list minute trips you have made me go and book a late holiday to Florida, not five days, but going in August.... :cool1:

It isn't your fault at all, but you are a great excuse... :rotfl2:

We are going 7th August for 10 nights... staying at Pop Century for 10 nights.. lovely...
The good lady and me are very excited, but we haven't told the kids yet as we had insisted we are not going this year. Looking forward to seeing their face when we show them the tickets....

Do you feel guilty :confused3 ha ha...

Keep up the great trip reports.... they are wonderful... :cool1: pixiedust: :cool1:

LOL, I don't mind if you want to blame me :rotfl: have fun planning your next trip, I look forward to reading your trip report too ::yes::

You were certainly VERY busy the last few days of your hols!! All that walking up and down EE must have counted for something to burn those extra calories. ;)

The irony of the Cheesecake Factory is that you never have enough room for Cheesecake!! :rotfl: The menu is so massive its ridiculous, but taking it to go is always a good option - somehow it tastes better later too (IMO). Lemon Raspberry is my fav. :thumbsup2 Their small plate menu is really good to order about 4 of them between the 2 of you instead of mains and if you can manage to get there for Sunday brunch it's well worth it. :lovestruc

Funnily enough when I ordered the larger Shepherd's Pie our server said 'what the bigger one ?', I think I would've had the smaller one if he had pre-warned me that my meal could've fed a family of four :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Great report Mandy, you will have to put a couple of Pauls photos in the this months photo competition.

I guess he took a tripod with him this trip? Those firework pictures are really sharp.

Thanks Tony, yes he brought the tripod, though thankfully ony took it with him for the firework pics, although it's light, it's a bit of a pain to carry around the parks ::yes::

Hi Mandy!

Diane

Hi Diane, what a shame we didn't meet onboard, were you travelling with family ? I hope you enjoyed it as much as we did :)

(Hijacks thread and waves at Diane :wave:)

Poor Paul - I didn't realize he'd come down with the dreaded man-flu (aka a cold).

Bless him, he was quite poorly on our last couple of days with a temperature and feeling a bit light headed (and not due to alcohol either this time ;)). I kept telling him not to cough or sneeze too much at the airport, as I was worried they'd kick us out :rotfl:

Don't you fancy posting a trip report Jenny ?

Awww...so sad that your great TR is at an end. :sad1: It was great to see all your lovely photos though. :thumbsup2

Well what a fantastic holiday we had. We loved spending our first few days at Port Canaveral and chilling before the Cruise

Your pics have made us seriously consider this for next time. I'd love to get lucky enough to see the other ships coming in and out like you did. :cloud9: Going to Fishlips etc sounded like a lot of fun. :woohoo:

Aww no, we are at the end far too soon:) Loved your trip report hon, so makes me want to go back on the cruise. Fab, fab, fab :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter