Mandatory Covid-19 test in Cannes, Unless Fully Vaccinated or Boosted Within 270 Days of Arrival

Flame away at me for posting this. I understand their requirements (or anywhere else for that matter). I'm just beginning to feel like we are all like sheep being led and just following so that we can resume some sort of normal life; and no, I'm not some conspiracy theorist where I believe the earth is flat, that man never walked on the moon, there was a second shooter in the grassy knoll, or there are aliens in a holding tank in Roswell NM. But I will say this, I'm vaccinated, boosted, and came down with covid 2 months after my booster shot. Now I'm being told I need another booster. I'm not going to lie here, I rightfully so at this point have a right to question all of the logic and reasoning we are seeing. I get it, comply or stay home. It just really makes me wonder for the first time if there are really visitors from space among us, or perhaps there was a second shooter in the knoll. Now excuse me as I put on my flame suit. :)

Last edited:
Flame away at me for posting this. I understand their requirements (or anywhere else for that matter). I'm just beginning to feel like we are all like sheep being led and just following so that we can resume some sort of normal life; and no, I'm not some conspiracy theorist where I believe the earth is flat, that man never walked on the moon, there was a second shooter in the grassy knoll, or there are aliens in a holding tank in Roswell NM. But I will say this, I'm vaccinated, boosted, and came down with covid 2 months after my booster shot. Now I'm being told I need another booster. I'm not going to lie here, I rightfully so at this point have a right to question all of the logic and reasoning we are seeing. I get it, comply or stay home. It just really makes me wonder for the first time if there are really visitors from space among us, or perhaps there was a second shooter in the knoll. Now excuse me as I put on my flame suit. :)
You're not wearing a flame suit at all, but maybe we should stick on focus or this thread might unfortunately derail quite easily (as many have in the past). I would gladly get a dose every couple of months until (if) covid goes away, though.

Sorry if I appeared to you as if I was being rude. I know I'm French but I try to behave :love:

Not at all! It just seemed that we were misunderstanding each other, and I was trying to explain why. I like things to make sense. 🙂

Which is why the booster thing strikes me as so odd. I get what you're saying about the booster campaign and how most people are still within the 9 months anyway, but there are always exceptions. Like, suppose I'd immigrated to France sometime after I got that third shot last summer - I wouldn't be allowed a fourth shot under French rules, just like in my Canadian province. Or maybe a French citizen who was living in the US, where booster shots started much earlier, moved home to France - still no second booster.

It just seems like if it's so important to have another shot within 9 months, regardless of how many someone had already had, that their own domestic policy should allow for that. And right now it seems that it doesn't. If they wanted to, it would be simple enough to include "anyone over the age of 18 whose last dose was more than 9 months ago" in their policy, wouldn't it?

Anyway, it's really an academic argument. Despite all evidence to the contrary, I don't actually care that much. I'll either jump through hoops to get another shot, or I'll get tested onboard. I'm not really worried about it either way. Just puzzled. 🤔

Thanks for all your input and for letting us know about this requirement. I hope you are having a fantastic cruise!

Yeah, I know that's the literal translation, but it doesn't make any sense. Maybe it's just one of those things that doesn't translate well?

In English, that sentence implies that if your last shot was a booster taken a year ago, but only a month or two after your primary series was completed, you're considered fully vaccinated. You "received a booster no later than 9 months after the last required dose." But if you completed your primary series twelve months ago, and had a booster last month, then you're out of luck - because your booster was "later than 9 months after the last required dose".

And I still don't see any requirement for a second booster if the first booster (third shot) was more than 9 months ago. Best I can tell, France itself is limiting fourth shots to the 60+ population, so I'm not sure how it makes sense to require one of younger travellers.

Doesn't add up, but I guess I'll find out in a couple of months. Or I'll go to Gatineau for a booster, just like I did the last time. 🙄
Not in my opinion. I think the translation is fair and it means exactly what it says. I’m with @cwis on this one.

It makes no sense to stipulate that your booster had to be "no later than" nine months after completing your primary series.

It translates to « must have received a booster dose no later than 9 months after the last required dose ».

I understand @mab2012's point. The literal translation above, as understood in English, creates 2 challenges:

1) the person who received his booster in Sept. 2021. That is within 9 months of his original series so he fits the rule. However, if he goes to France later this summer (July/Aug)...it will be more than 9 months since he received his booster that was within the stated no later than 9 months after his original series. As posted on this thread, the rule doesn't indicate he needs a 2nd booster received more recently if his 1st booster was more than 9 months ago. I expect that is the intended meaning, but the literal translation doesn't say that.

2) the person who completed the original series in June or July 2021 but did not get a booster. It's now more than 9 months with no booster. If they get a booster now, it doesn't fit the literal translation of "no later than 9 months after" the original series, but it would be current within the most recent 9 months. By the literal translation, this individual is SOL because they didn't get a booster within 9 months of the original series and can't time-travel to get it.

I understand @mab2012's point. The literal translation above, as understood in English, creates 2 challenges:
Pretty interesting this is causing confusion. I do certainly hope in the end people will have feedback about how it went and share them on the boards so that everyone knows what to expect!
1) the person who received his booster in Sept. 2021. That is within 9 months of his original series so he fits the rule. However, if he goes to France later this summer (July/Aug)...it will be more than 9 months since he received his booster that was within the stated no later than 9 months after his original series. As posted on this thread, the rule doesn't indicate he needs a 2nd booster received more recently if his 1st booster was more than 9 months ago. I expect that is the intended meaning, but the literal translation doesn't say that.
My educated guess is that once you have the booster, THIS DOSE is your last dose. Therefore if you get shot in September 2021, you are covered for 9 months regarding the “no test at border” rule, until around June. You may still enter after September but you will need to provide a test.
2) the person who completed the original series in June or July 2021 but did not get a booster. It's now more than 9 months with no booster. If they get a booster now, it doesn't fit the literal translation of "no later than 9 months after" the original series, but it would be current within the most recent 9 months. By the literal translation, this individual is SOL because they didn't get a booster within 9 months of the original series and can't time-travel to get it.
I think you're twisting it. This page on the official website of the Health Minister has a lot of interesting QAs regarding boosters:
https://solidarites-sante.gouv.fr/grands-dossiers/vaccin-covid-19/je-suis-un-particulier/dose-de-rappel-covid19

Basically the rules are, you are eligible for a booster:
  1. 3 months after your last dose if you're 18+
  2. 6 months after your last dose if you're 12-17
There is no such thing as a “nine month window” to get another booster: this is the window after your last dose where you NO LONGER have to provide a Covid test to enter the country.
If your last dose was 10 months ago and you're eligible to vaccination in France, you may get a new dose and your “vaccine scheme” (schéma vaccinal as they call it there) will become valid again. In the meantime, you would need to provide a Covid test at the border.

Once again, it is my educated guess. I may be wrong, but to me it makes sense, given how they managed Covid here in the last few months (I can't believe it's almost time to say “in the last few years”…) We have (thankfully) conducted one of the most successful vaccination campaign in Europe, but we had also a lot of conspiracy theorist people who jumped late, and rules were specifically made so as to not “gatekeep” anyone that may have been on the skeptical side at the beginning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts